Investing or pulling out of US stock market

In anticipating the outcome of the presidential elections, are people generally pulling out of the market for safety or putting money into the market in hopes that the stock market will go up after the election for you. 

I am pulling my money out in a anticipation of the election results. I’m expecting at least a 10 to 15% drop in the months following the election.

opinions?

• Like 2
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

trump will win and the markets will go up.  get out now and you lose

If stock market was easily predictable we'd have many more wealthy folks.   

Stocks will go up and stocks will go down, but assuming you're in it for the long haul the day to day, month to month, and even year to year change doesn't really matter.   Buy and hold some

Posted Images

I guess then it’s too late to pull out of stocks and change to cash. 
But I think the stimulus packages have raised it a little bit and talk of vaccine but I want to get out before the election is confirmed.  It is likely Biden will win

If the market has already adjusted on the assumption that Biden will win, then if Trump wins we will probably see a big bump. But as mentioned earlier, the trillions of dollars we have spent on bail outs it’s got to have an impact on the economy. But frequently the economy looks at future trends and doesn’t look in the past. If a vaccine is developed, and no terrible side effects from it, and tourism returns, then we should see growth again

Normally I stick a good amount in (mixed portfolio of which around 55% is US stock index funds) around this time of every month.

This month I'll likely wait until after Nov 3 and buy the dip a little later.  Good chance of a short term plunge with no stimulus deal, election outcome uncertainty & possible related violence after a Biden win.  I have a good chunk invested in international stock too, so will be interesting to see what happens with that short term. 

Won't be pulling any out until retirement.  Playing the long game.

On 10/21/2020 at 12:42 AM, andy said:

Normally I stick a good amount in (mixed portfolio of which around 55% is US stock index funds) around this time of every month.

This month I'll likely wait until after Nov 3 and buy the dip a little later.  Good chance of a short term plunge with no stimulus deal, election outcome uncertainty & possible related violence after a Biden win.  I have a good chunk invested in international stock too, so will be interesting to see what happens with that short term. 

Won't be pulling any out until retirement.  Playing the long game.

Your a nervous investor there for not a good one....stick your money in the bank in that case..

If you think biden is going to win you may want to sell based on taxes. If you're a long term investor with no plans to sell might as well stay put

• Like 2

There is no reason to pull out of the market. With the correct instruments you can win if the stocks rise or fall. Just use puts for instance if you think the market will go down. 

• Like 1

Wall Street is forecasting a Biden win, and saying it will end up being better for the market.  Especially if the Dems also win the senate.  Less bickering, more getting things done.