Anutin vows to have half of population jabbed once Covid-19 vaccine released

snoop1130

Did he put in his reservation for free vaccine? If no cost and therefore commitment then no special about reserving free vaccine.

Will people already diagnose with the virus need the vaccine. I can’t imagine a vaccine offering better immunity than actually recovering from the virus. Maybe neither provide long-term immunity. Next station

I am hoping the Chinese government will force vaccinate large portions of their population. I’m sure thailand government will then follow up with the same policies as Communist China government.

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I wonder what his plan is for farang

It’s only Anutin talking, who’s going to believe him? Farang will be at the back of the queue. After all their can’t be a lot of cancelled insurance policies can their.

3 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

i wonder how much the unwashed will be charged?oxford should ask itself who theyre doing business with? a bunch of corrupt racist  feudal autocrats.those are the polite words for them

Astra Zenica are committed to supplying the vaccine at cost until the pandemic ends.

Just now, crazykopite said:

Lead by example the Thai government should be the first in the line to show the people there is nothing to fear by having the jab

I'll be at least 6 months to a year ahead of them as I'll be returning to the UK for my jab as soon as its available.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, YetAnother said:

now i know why he is a deputy prime minister; skillset : foolish promises;

and appearing repeatedly in public, as the minister of health (which it appears he has no clue of)  maskless; perhaps he doesnt know what they are or how the wear them

Of course he knows how to be the health minister. He puts on a doctor's shirt!

5 minutes ago, polpott said:

The WHO and others did after the SARS outbreak which had an almost identical etymology. China promised faithfully that they would change the laws around wet markets and the consumption of wild animals. They broke that promise and now we have Covid. What makes you think that they will act differently this time?

Its all well and good eradicating Covid but expect a new more deadly virus coming out of China in a few years time.

A new virus is already on the way:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/30/new-strain-of-flu-in-china-has-pandemic-potential-scientists-warns.html

Scientists have identified a new strain of flu carried by pigs in China that they say has the potential to become a pandemic.

The new strain is descended from the type of flu — known as “swine flu” — that emerged in 2009 causing the first global flu pandemic in 40 years.

The scientists published their peer-reviewed findings in U.S. science journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences on Monday. They said the new strain of flu, which they called “G4 EA H1N1,” is a variation of swine flu, and includes the “G4″ genotype that has become predominant in swine populations since 2016.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Go ahead and test it in your own country. You have enough CoviD-19 cases over there. 

Wouldn't you be happy if Thai health minister showed such care and compassion for the dirty farang that not only would government let you stay in the country for a year without a visa, but offer you the first batch of (given average age of TV poster) life saving medicine even before giving it to their own people. Talk about hi-so farang! What's the worst that could happen? Maybe next life you're born Thai! Win-Win!

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I wonder what his plan is for farang

Not sure, but half on here say they wont take the jab. It will be interesting to see how many of them complain about it not being available/too expensive.

• Like 1

If it's only mainly a threat to over 65s why 50 percent of the population? 

If they make it a requirement of obtaining an extension of stay I for one including my dual citizenship wife will be making plans to leave. 

We will make quite a profit on Thailand with all the land we bought 10 years ago. 

Me tink it mazing that Bill Gates (The biggest donor & owner by default of the WHO) can develop a vaccine in six months when 40 years later there is still no vaccine for the AIDS virus & the fastest a vaccine has ever been developed in the history of the world for anything is ten years. Bill Gates did sign a ten billion dollar contract with his WHO to deliver a virus in a pandemic TWO YEARS AGO way before Corvid, so he will meet the deadline of six months and maybe become the richest man in the world for a second time. It is also a well known fact that microchips are microscopic already so an RFID chip can be included in his vaccine shot

Farang Geng Mak

It's great we have these genius people loving people more than money & control of the world population 55 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

hmmm!...well they're yet to finish Stage II and are yet to begin Phase III trialling..which will take a minimum of two lots of 28 days, with a gap, needing a minimum of 25,000 volunteers..then follow-up testing, say another four months..forget herd immunity..even vaccinated it will be in your own interests to wear a mask and exercise social distancing forever as the WHO forecast for world-wide immunisation will only reach 60-70% of the Worlds' population.

Then you have to ask who made the vaccine, is it approved, is it just a spike type vaccine or a fully developed vaccine.

(I bet you we foreign guests will not get a look in as per poor farmers, labourers and other low income earners; you know, the ones that keep this country ticking).

The elite and other government seniors and civil servants will benefit along with the military and medical professionals, but as it filters down the social ladder it will become a user pay.

They seem to have it all back-to-front, yet again!

Good luck people, and keep your distance.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Manny said:

Me tink it mazing that Bill Gates (The biggest donor & owner by default of the WHO) can develop a vaccine in six months when 40 years later there is still no vaccine for the AIDS virus & the fastest a vaccine has ever been developed in the history of the world for anything is ten years. Bill Gates did sign a ten billion dollar contract with his WHO to deliver a virus in a pandemic TWO YEARS AGO way before Corvid, so he will meet the deadline of six months and maybe become the richest man in the world for a second time. It is also a well known fact that microchips are microscopic already so an RFID chip can be included in his vaccine shot

Farang Geng Mak

It's great we have these genius people loving people more than money & control of the world population 55 

I'm looking for the nutcase emoji in the 'like' panel, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

Farang Geng Mak

HIV is trouble. Normally, T-cells (attack cells of your immune system) will attack the virus and kill it, where T-cell generally survives. But with HIV the virus attacks T-cells, turns them into factories to produce more HIV viruses. COVID is something in between. COVID attacks T-cells, but in the process, both virus and the T-cell die. It is therefore possible that if person has compromised immune system (permanently, or bad luck - just went through some other disease that has affected it) the viruses could outnumber the defenses, resulting in severe symptoms of disease.

Microchips are tiny but there are some physical limitations about RF technologies, broadcast range, power consumption and energy storage. It is not currently possible to create ASIC small enough to fit into vaccine injection, and have any broadcast range to even get out of the body. The current under the skin RF chips are quite significantly larger. just the length of antenna is over 5mm and their range is only a few cm.