Anutin vows to have half of population jabbed once Covid-19 vaccine released

snoop1130

He Said, "It is difficult to conduct human trials domestically because Thailand does not have enough Covid-19 patients".
if thailand does not have enough people infected with this virus specid 19.
So what's the point of wanting to vaccinate 60 million people by obligation,
but if there is someone who does not want to be forced to take the vaccine, how do you do it?
a whole sea of money thrown away for nothing,
ruin the economy of so many states, for the sole purpose of reducing states to poverty and people into slavery, and only for the enrichment of the usual suspects and large pharmaceutical companies
wake up people wake up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, EricTh said:

I wonder whether Thailand will force it on everyone or is it optional?

Naa I wouldn’t think thai patience would break even further further dictated to, sounds strange to some but would you enjoy a 5 star hotel if forced to stay there ? 

I would rather starve than be force fed at a masters table!

- the land of smiles -sadly not anymore 

maybe gone forever 

one day it may return but not until ?
Think u all know!! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, polpott said:

The WHO and others did after the SARS outbreak which had an almost identical etymology. China promised faithfully that they would change the laws around wet markets and the consumption of wild animals. They broke that promise and now we have Covid. What makes you think that they will act differently this time?

Its all well and good eradicating Covid but expect a new more deadly virus coming out of China in a few years time.

There was a documentary on the BBC this summer showing that all the wet markets dealing in wild animals were up and running again ! Disgusting behavior, I thought the Chinese had easy control over their people ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, farang63 said:

He Said, "It is difficult to conduct human trials domestically because Thailand does not have enough Covid-19 patients".
if thailand does not have enough people infected with this virus specid 19.
So what's the point of wanting to vaccinate 60 million people by obligation,
but if there is someone who does not want to be forced to take the vaccine, how do you do it?
a whole sea of money thrown away for nothing,
ruin the economy of so many states, for the sole purpose of reducing states to poverty and people into slavery, and only for the enrichment of the usual suspects and large pharmaceutical companies
wake up people wake up

At this point I wouldn't be overly worried. 50% of the Thai population is the target (33-35 million people, not 60). Outside of "outbreak zones" there has not been any talk of an obligation. I'm sure there will easily be enough takers among the Thai population to reach the target. Coercing those that don't want it doesn't appear to me to be the goal at this stage. 

Edited by TheFreqFlyer

13 minutes ago, geisha said:

There was a documentary on the BBC this summer showing that all the wet markets dealing in wild animals were up and running again ! Disgusting behavior, I thought the Chinese had easy control over their people ?

What do you mean? A population of 1.4 billion living in the world's third largest country isn't nearly as easy to control as you think.

Outside of airports, bus and train stations and some types of stores, Chinese have largely stopped wearing masks, meanwhile they're compulsory in most of the "democratic" western countries. What does that tell you? 

Edited by TheFreqFlyer

46 minutes ago, flyingfox1 said:

Naa I wouldn’t think thai patience would break even further further dictated to, sounds strange to some but would you enjoy a 5 star hotel if forced to stay there ? 

I would rather starve than be force fed at a masters table!

- the land of smiles -sadly not anymore 

maybe gone forever 

one day it may return but not until ?
Think u all know!! 

50% is the target so I don't see a forced mandate happening. I've read the emergency law several times...it talks only about an outbreak situation. And with a 50% target there can't be a mandate...

Thailand isn't mandating testing either. So I think while we can't predict the future, let's not exaggerate by claiming Thailand is more totalitarian or for that matter, even has the resources to carry out such an endeavor than it actually is. I'd be more worried about it being mandatory in Europe; after all, German school kids are now obligated to receive MMR shots and so too are teachers, and there is no opt-out. School is compulsory too, unlike in Thailand, homeschooling isn't legal. 

19 hours ago, YetAnother said:

now i know why he is a deputy prime minister; skillset : foolish promises;

and appearing repeatedly in public, as the minister of health (which it appears he has no clue of)  maskless; perhaps he doesnt know what they are or how the wear them

From a previous post:-

"A month prior to his March outburst, in February 2020, Anutin was criticised for remarking that foreigners should be kicked out of Thailand when he saw some who were not wearing face masks at an event at the Siam BTS station in Bangkok.[17] Later, hearing advice from the US Surgeon General, Dr Jerome Adams, that the wearing of masks was unnecessary for the uninfected, Anutin changed his opinion"

So, as others on this Forum have noted, once you see the name "Anutin" making a statement, have a pinch of salt handy - or to be on the safe side, a full salt cellar!

If Vaccines are $10 (300 baht) a pop, 30 million people would be 9 billion baht. From memory I thought they had only had an approved budget of 1 billion for vaccines? No doubt the human lab rats for these vaccines will be volunteer prisoners and refugees in camps...

Edited by Forza2002
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 7:11 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I wonder what his plan is for farang

since when he got authority to decide the fate of foreigners in this country, this man show clear signs of ignorance, are you going to consent with his decision? chock dee!

"So far, three studies based on mRNA, DNA and plant-based vaccine have entered the Phase 1 and 2 of clinical trials. It is difficult to conduct human trials domestically because Thailand does not have enough Covid-19 patients."

If they do test more, they will have much more COVID patients, for sure.

But anyway, the problem is that this virus doesn't kill enough to make world in trouble so much.

The business is falling down and the money paid for lobbyist will never be enough, what ever it is. Plan with COVID opportunity is dead baby.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, anto said:

Thats a good Sheeple ,MaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH  

Depends on ones risk for ending up in ICU in Thailand. That's at least 30K a day. Young and healthy..ok take the risk and don't get a jab. But for elderly pensioners here with health issues? They should consider it. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sharp said:

In fact, the median age at death of patients who died and tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 infection was 82 years;

So not so many need the vaccine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only vaccinate the people that know someone over 65. 

• Haha 2

A self serving, media seeking,  poorly educated (field specific) yet sadly well intentioned politician..

As he will display for all to see his courage and puBic health knowledge.. He will inject himself first with the so-called vaccine.. and the rest is a Trump outcome.

Edited by Rhys