Is the internet being throttled back in Thailand?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An FYI to the OP of this    Interestingly, my TOT Fiber connection just went down for about 20 minutes. Sometimes you just got to wonder if they're re-enabling the great firewall about now

It seems so to me.  More specifically Thai sites but I am having trouble with some O/S sites.  Could it be due to the current unrest in Bangkok?  Or am I over thinking it and it's really a problem due

Definitely something odd going on within Thailand. I have a 700MB Up/Down fiber cable deal with 3BB, and that shows as being pretty close to what I'm paying for when I do a Speedtest to 3BB in Bangkok

Posted Images

Still getting comparable fiber speeds to Bangkok as I am to Los Angeles CA, USA.

I've only notices slowdowns on the Lazada shopping site, but that's down to Lazada being Lazada.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, whiteman said:

depends who your supplier is and what you pay for it

The wife says True Move and it's from the cable network.  We been paying the same amount the last 2 years...so what has that got to do with it?

Edited by Grumpy John
smelling
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Still getting comparable fiber speeds to Bangkok as I am to Los Angeles CA, USA.

I've only notices slowdowns on the Lazada shopping site, but that's down to Lazada being Lazada.

That's terrific!  I am 400km away in Phitsanulok province out in the stick at Nowhereville.

2 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

The wife says True Move and it's from the cable network.  We been paying the same amount the last 2 years...so what has that got to do with it?

...and your TRUE and GOOGLE speedtest results show???

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

I am 400km away in Phitsanulok province out in the stick at Nowhereville.

Could just be local data infrastructure congestion or network issue. Doing speedtests should help pinpoint if/where the issue occurs. 

I Currently subscribe to both TOT Fiber and TRUE Fiber. Located in Chiang Rai (northern Thailand) and no issues in-country.

You can use the speed test Ookla to see what's happening. Strangely, while the speed on my desktop in the village ( Truemove ) is the same as my speed on my laptop in the condo ( CAT ), the laptop downloads a lot faster.

I get news stories from the Australian press covering what's happening in Bangkok. AFAIK there's no attempt to censor or modify them, and they are quite critical analyses.

I have noticed more program buffering over the last 2 weeks.

If you have a WiFi set up, adding 5g router transmission could help (that's if you have a 5g capable receiving device). My Beelink Android streaming box works better if the WiFi router used 5G as well as 2.4G.

1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

Although this is True Visions.

Honestly, at this point I wonder why and others just don’t pull the plug on for this nonsense (incl. a constant 5 min. delay) - or is the expat TV market still that going strong enough here…? #whatshappeninginthailand

true.jpg

1 hour ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

Screenies below (apologies for the size - weren't that big when I uploaded them): 

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 7.58.01 pm.png

an FYI, double-clicking on the image before posting (or when going back and doing an edit) allows you to specify the size a graphic will initially appear when posted. A user reading your posted response can then click on the graphic or even right-click and open it in another window if they wish to zoom to original resolution.

//sorry for the threadjack

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1