Is the internet being throttled back in Thailand?

Grumpy John

31 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Very confusing statement. To measure the speed of your internet connect PC/notebook via cable to the router. You have ONE internet connection to the router.

What happens on the two WiFi frequencies (2.4GHz and 5Ghz) and your mobiles is yet another story.

On current WiFi you can not achieve/measure the top speeds (500 or 1000)that are offered on fiber anyway.

Facts are Facts. Several friends with the same problems. I have many different items I use for checking. 

The  phone and Kindles are not just WiFi slowing down but everything!!! Inter alia it is the Apple 'system' to try to make you buy new products! 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 7:16 PM, Grumpy John said:

It seems so to me.  More specifically Thai sites but I am having trouble with some O/S sites.  Could it be due to the current unrest in Bangkok?  Or am I over thinking it and it's really a problem due to weather??? 

I have fibre with AiS, seems to hang sometimes during the day during mid-morning or evening, mostly ok.

8 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

They are doing an 'Apple' ( iphone etc). Deliberately slow it down to try to make you upgrade. Happened with our BBB. 2.4G, slowed. Changed to 5.G slowed again after a year. Now changed to AIS fibre. Better at the moment.

Found the same with my Samsung phone after last update. 

My older Amazon Kindle Tablets have done the same after updates.

The new business norm!! ????????????????????????????????

Amazon Kindle tablets slowing down? Huh!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2020 at 7:16 PM, Grumpy John said:

It seems so to me.  More specifically Thai sites but I am having trouble with some O/S sites.  Could it be due to the current unrest in Bangkok?  Or am I over thinking it and it's really a problem due to weather??? 

Yes it is .. even vpn is dragging .. 

• Like 2

Not sure if it's true or not but my wife tells me to condo complex we live in tries to restrict the speed each unit gets going in and out so that people like me don't buy up all the bandwidth. To me this seems far fetched but then again, this IS Thailand.

• Haha 1

No, in my experience internet speeds to domestic or US & Europe servers are not bandwidth throttled, at least not with ToT. I use a 500/500Mbps fiber service and speeds to Thai servers are >700Mbps and speeds to US west coast servers using a VPN (Seattle) are > 500Mbps. And bothTrue-internet and 3BB seems to deliver ISP pkg speeds as well.

Edited by bluehippie