Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi. Thanks for everyone's input in the last few months regarding my divorce. I got divorced agreed for my X to keep everything. All I wanted was my car which she agreed and has been noted in the divorce agreement. Problem I have now is changing the car to my name cuz I'm in a resort at the moment and need to get my address confirmed by the tourist police or immigration before the transport office will do this.

 

I have a work permit and contract at a school. So may be able to do it through the school or my new girlfriend has offered to confirm I live with her. Any ideas?

Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll need a signed copy ( after printed out) of your ex wife's ID.

 

    Neither your work permit, nor your new gf can help you with that.

 

    For all who believe that the marriage is going downhill, always keep such a signed copy somewhere where she doesn't have access to.

 

  I've had huge problems to get my big bike in my name just because of such an idiotic rule. Having the book alone doesn't mean much, they want to have this copy. Signed after printed out. 

 

     

 

         

Edited by teacherclaire
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

You'll need a signed copy ( after printed out) of your ex wife's ID.

<snip>

For all who believe that the marriage is going downhill, always keep such a signed copy somewhere where she doesn't have access to.

<snip>

  they want to have this copy. Signed after printed out. 

 

     

 

         

absolutely agree👍. i still have some copies, and haven't seen her, much less speak to her for 5 years+. i have taken copies of the signed papers also, and used them. but best to use copied and then signed...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

You'll need a signed copy ( after printed out) of your ex wife's ID.

 

    Neither your work permit, nor your new gf can help you with that.

 

    For all who believe that the marriage is going downhill, always keep such a signed copy somewhere where she doesn't have access to.

 

  I've had huge problems to get my big bike in my name just because of such an idiotic rule. Having the book alone doesn't mean much, they want to have this copy. Signed after printed out. 

 

     

 

         

I can get that. But my post is about confirming my address

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, nicelee808 said:

my new girlfriend has offered to confirm I live with her. Any ideas?

 i use my rental agreement as proof of where i live. signed by the landlord with his ID. for some things needs translating and notarising, but not for your plans.

if your living in yr new girlfriends place, then i don't know for sure, except maybe signed copies of her rental agreement or TB?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jastheace said:

 

 i use my rental agreement as proof of where i live. signed by the landlord with his ID. for some things needs translating and notarising, but not for your plans.

if your living in yr new girlfriends place, then i don't know for sure, except maybe signed copies of her rental agreement or TB?

Yeah think might be the way to go. Wasn't sure if was an alternative. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jastheace said:

absolutely agree👍. i still have some copies, and haven't seen her, much less speak to her for 5 years+. i have taken copies of the signed papers also, and used them. but best to use copied and then signed...

Ha Ha my ex changed her name after divorce so all  my copies went in the bin!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If the car registration book is in your ex-wife's name she will need to go to the transport office with you to have your name replace her's in the registration as the legal owner of the the car. This is what I had to six or seven years ago. What it says in the divorce papers not binding on the transport office and your ex will have to sign a document transferring ownership to you.

Edited by TKDfella
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2020 at 7:40 AM, patongphil said:

Ha Ha my ex changed her name after divorce so all  my copies went in the bin!!!

Her ID number would remain the same; just saying.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TKDfella said:

If the car registration book is in your ex-wife's name she will need to go to the transport office with you to have your name replace her's in the registration as the legal owner of the the car. This is what I had to six or seven years ago. What it says in the divorce papers not binding on the transport office and your ex will have to sign a document transferring ownership to you.

Wrong; as long as she has signed the transfer form then she does NOT need to go with you. I transferred a car into my name, without the previous owner in attendance.Car Sale Agreement - Vehicle Contract Thailand Download Template.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Wrong; as long as she has signed the transfer form then she does NOT need to go with you. I transferred a car into my name, without the previous owner in attendance.Car Sale Agreement - Vehicle Contract Thailand Download Template.html

Not wrong, the Udorn traffic office asked for her to be present. Who are you to say I'm wrong...next you'll accuse me of something else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2020 at 8:42 PM, nicelee808 said:

Hi. Thanks for everyone's input in the last few months regarding my divorce. I got divorced agreed for my X to keep everything. All I wanted was my car which she agreed and has been noted in the divorce agreement. Problem I have now is changing the car to my name cuz I'm in a resort at the moment and need to get my address confirmed by the tourist police or immigration before the transport office will do this.

 

I have a work permit and contract at a school. So may be able to do it through the school or my new girlfriend has offered to confirm I live with her. Any ideas?

Maybe ask your future new girlfriend.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Leave it in her name, you have the divorce document saying it's yours, absolutely no need to re-register it.

It isn't a matter of re-registering the car, that's a different process, it is the ownership as cited in the blue registration book. One page cites 'รายการจดทะเบียน', details of the car and another page cites 'เจ้าของรถ', car owner. Police will ask for this as proof of ownership, not a divorce agreement. I would rather be certain with my name in that book than trust anyone's word during a divorce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 11:51 PM, TKDfella said:

It isn't a matter of re-registering the car, that's a different process, it is the ownership as cited in the blue registration book. One page cites 'รายการจดทะเบียน', details of the car and another page cites 'เจ้าของรถ', car owner. Police will ask for this as proof of ownership, not a divorce agreement. I would rather be certain with my name in that book than trust anyone's word during a divorce.

As long as you have it, why do you need to change the papers? Are you intending to sell it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...