90-Day reports now being required even for visa exempt?

On a FB forum, someone posted that they closed the loop on their under consideration, and was stamped to 30-Nov, and ALSO instructed to do a 90-day report.  I queried the poster, and she said she entered visa exempt and was on amnesty.  This is the first I have ever heard of visa exempt needing to do a 90-day report. Anyone have a similar experience?  This was at MTT.

Screenshot_20201019-205319_Facebook.jpg

Until 31st October 90 day reports are not required. If they should not extend the amnesty, then after this date 90 day reports would be required by people who were in the country for more than 90 days. I guess that some immigration offices wouldn't want a 90 day report from a person who shows up every month for an extension, but some offices might just follow the law.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

This is the first I have ever heard of visa exempt needing to do a 90-day report

Previously a Visa Exempt would allow 30 days in Thailand. and with a single permitted extension a maximum of 60 days. Anyone staying in Thailand over 90 days is required to do 90 day reports..... there was an amnesty which declared 90 day reporting was suspended but that has ended now.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

This is the first I have ever heard of visa exempt needing to do a 90-day report.

LOL. Till corona lockdown no visa exempt tourist could stay more than 60 days to my knowledge ( 30 + 30 ), so the situation never arose.

Of course anyone staying more than 90 days needs to do a 90 day report.

• Like 1

The 90 day report comment is on every extension of stay stamp. It does not mean you have to do one.

Offices have turned away people trying to do 90 day reports that were on the amnesty or the 30 day extensions.

Not sure how they will handle them after the current extension of the ministerial notice ends that states they are not required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The 90 day report comment is on every extension of stay stamp. It does not mean you have to do one.

Offices have turned away people trying to do 90 day reports that were on the amnesty or the 30 day extensions.

Not sure how they will handle them after the current extension of the ministerial notice ends that states they are not required.

On what date does the notice end? 31-Oct?

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Till corona lockdown no visa exempt tourist could stay more than 60 days to my knowledge ( 30 + 30 ), so the situation never arose.

Been here since March, 90 day Non-O + amnesty + 60 day extension until Nov 27th.

That'll be 8 months, no 90 day report required.

Edited by BritManToo

29 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Easy enough to do on line-did mine yesterday and got approval today. I have been ignoring amnesty and sticking with normal timescales  for annual and 90 day notifications to avoid any hastle

Visa exempt folk won't have had a "normal timescale" so the next time they do a report will surely be the first?  First time reports must be done in person so the on-line system won't be of any assistance.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, treetops said:

Visa exempt folk won't have had a "normal timescale" so the next time they do a report will surely be the first?  First time reports must be done in person so the on-line system won't be of any assistance.

So even if extending 30 days at a time, would we need to do a 90-day report if we are still here 90 days after Nov 1st?

On 10/20/2020 at 7:05 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

The 90 days report is designed for people on long stay visas with a registered address in Thailand. As a tourist you don't need a registered address, hence no 90 days report. The 90 days report is a verification you're staying at the last reported address, but a tourist normally moves around and never submit a TM30. If you're staying 1 month on Koh Samui and 1 month in Pattaya, then moves to Chiang Mai for another month, where are you supposed to do the 90 days report, and which address are you reporting? If hotels where you're staying reports you to the local Immigration office as they should then Immigration knows where you are. 

The 90 days report is designed for people on long stay visas with a registered address in Thailand. As a tourist you don't need a registered address, hence no 90 days report. The 90 days report is a verification you're staying at the last reported address, but a tourist normally moves around and never submit a TM30. If you're staying 1 month on Koh Samui and 1 month in Pattaya, then moves to Chiang Mai for another month, where are you supposed to do the 90 days report, and which address are you reporting? If hotels where you're staying reports you to the local Immigration office as they should then Immigration knows where you are. 

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Look at the wording on the TM47 form required for 90 day reporting and you may change your opinion.

33 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The 90 days report is designed for people on long stay visas with a registered address in Thailand. As a tourist you don't need a registered address, hence no 90 days report.

Wrong info.

This from Section 37 of the Immigration act.

"5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the
competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as
possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is
an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office."

I was waived under the Ministerial Notice approved on April 7 that has been extended to October 31st.

If not extended again 90 day reports will be required again for anybody that stays longer than 90 days in the country after the 31st. The 90 should start on that day for those that do not normally do a report.

• Thanks 1

Immigration law is fairly clear, if you're on temporary stay and not PR, report every 90 days. Regardless of the basis of permission to stay.

https://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/thai-immigration-act-temporary-stay-in-the-kingdom-sections-34-39/

37(5)

If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the competent official at the Immigration Division, in writing, concerning his place of stay, as soon as possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is an Immigration Office, the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.

EDIT: I see Ubonjoe mentioned there was some notice waiving it. Got a link?

Edited by DrTuner