British ‘Karen’ dragged for tweeting maskless airplane selfie

A British Karen was dragged on Twitter after sharing a maskless airplane selfie and bragging about staging a “10 Brit maskless standoff” at the Berlin Airport. 

The Karen in question was Charisse Burchett, who caught a flight from Berlin to London last week and apparently refused to comply with the airport’s mask mandate.  

“Police and authorities could not make us wear our masks,” Burchett captioned her Twitter selfie, which included two other maskless women on the plane. “I love this cheeky photo.” 

“Cheeky” was not quite the word that British Karen’s Twitter critics had in mind for her selfie or airport behavior, which they argued could have endangered other travelers. 

“Imagine being so selfish AND so self-absorbed as to advertise it,” @HeathertheHeron tweeted at Burchett.

“I don’t like naming/shaming but in this instance I might make an exception. C’mon Twitter, at least find out which community they might be infecting?”

Burchett faced a myriad of similar criticisms, in response to which she doubled down on her anti-mask stance.

She told @HeathertheHeron that she was in Berlin “supporting the Drs speaking up against the lies being told to you” and linked to a video from the World Doctors Alliance, a cult of coronavirus-denying doctors and other healthcare professionals that advocates the ending of all pandemic-related lockdowns. 

It should come as no surprise that British Karen is an outspoken anti-vaxxer across the board. Her Twitter bio reads: “A rebel not a slave – Vaccines are harming and killing our children. vaccines cause autism and cot death.”

Her bio also links to The Richie Allen Show, a U.K. podcast that has welcomed several far-right and anti-Semitic conspiracy theorists over the years, including British Holocaust denier Nick Kollerstrom.

Burchett also demonstrated a preoccupation with Nazi Germany in her replies to other critics, telling one Twitter user that she was “standing up to the Gestapo” and calling lockdowns “the start of fascism.”

She responded to another critic with a text post that read, “If you’ve ever wondered whether you would have complied during 1930s Germany, now you know.” 

FULL ARTICLE

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure she's wrong.

What a "British Karen"? Whats "dragged on Twitter"?   What language they speak?

I looked it up, its on wikipedia as ....     Karen is a pejorative term used in the English-speaking world for someone perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is app

Posted Images

13 hours ago, katana said:

I thought Karens usually complained about other people not wearing masks or socially distancing properly.

I thought it came from white women complaining about people of another color bird watching in a park

• Like 1
On 10/20/2020 at 12:40 AM, MRToMRT said:

I looked it up, its on wikipedia as ....

Karen is a pejorative term used in the English-speaking world for someone perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary. A common stereotype is that of a white woman who uses her privilege to demand her own way at the expense of others. Depictions also include demanding to "speak to the manager," being racist, or sporting a particular bob cut hairstyle.

I learnt something today. That I am too old for this modern world ;+)

Yep, I was reading the article expecting to see some Asian looking lady, had to google it too.

She can believe what she wants, no problem with that. But if she does not follow the rules of the airline she booked with, sorry no excuse, kick her out and ban her. I feel sorry for the real Karen people around the world.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, animalmagic said:

Too good for her.  Sentence her to community service helping in an ICU treating Covid patients.  She can exercise her freedom not to wear a mask there.

No way she'd be allowed in an ICU, IMO. They don't need untrained people getting in the way of doing their job.