British ‘Karen’ dragged for tweeting maskless airplane selfie

She was lucky that the stewards on the aircraft didn't arrest her and put her at the back of the plane and hand her to the police on arrival at the next destination of the aircraft. Most airlines have a rule making it compulsory to wear masks except when food and drink is being served. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure she's wrong.

What a "British Karen"? Whats "dragged on Twitter"?   What language they speak?

I looked it up, its on wikipedia as ....     Karen is a pejorative term used in the English-speaking world for someone perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is app

Posted Images

On 10/19/2020 at 11:27 PM, tgw said:

Karen-Girl-2.jpg.69d14f7e620c125580ca776cf8aa5147.jpg

?

I think Karen have their own language, as can be observed all around the world, including north Thailand, for different reasons.

The British Kaen have more neck than the Karen in Northern Thailand. And not as polite or nice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are you breaking the law if you don't wear a mask ?  I don't think so , Lotus won't let you in without one , 7-11 the same , just about everywhere else up here masks are becoming sooo last month.

There are still folk riding their Waves whilst wearing masks but no crash hats but that is another topic.

Imagine a restaurant with the sign ' Masks must be worn at all times '.  Rediculous , a bit like ' Massage while you wait .'  OK so not wearing a mask is anti social but not law breaking.

I really dislike the whole political correctness thing. However referring to a woman that was born during a certain time period as a "Karen" is very disrespectful and racist!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
2 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

I really dislike the whole political correctness thing. However referring to a woman that was born during a certain time period as a "Karen" is very disrespectful and racist!

well, that's not it.

there are many women born during the same time period that aren't Karens

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, tgw said:

well, that's not it.

there are many women born during the same time period that aren't Karens

I don't think you, I nor anyone on this forum, including the OP, have any real idea of what a Karen is. I've certainly not heard a decent explanation, let alone any attempt to explain the etymology of the word. I have a cousin called Caron (a more common spelling of the name) and a nicer person you couldn't wish to meet.

The OP needs to get a life.

Just googled it. Originated in the US on Saturday Night Live. Quelle surprise.

Edited by polpott
On 10/19/2020 at 5:14 PM, MRToMRT said:

What a "British Karen"? Whats "dragged on Twitter"?

What language they speak?

Bad reporting. Her name is Karen and she's a twit.

1 hour ago, polpott said:

I don't think you, I nor anyone on this forum, including the OP, have any real idea of what a Karen is.

well, you are totally wrong 🙂

how ironic, Kevin.

womanyellingcat-1573233850.jpg.a907e9c81c8893e980d4e8bed657857f.jpg

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, polpott said:

Her name isn't Karen and she isn't American. Used by black women in America to describe certain white women. Kick this stupid term back across the Atlantic. We neither want it nor have any use for it. We have our own terms thanks ie "Vicky Pollards".

Karen is a pejorative term used in the English-speaking world for someone perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary. A common stereotype is that of a white woman who uses her privilege to demand her own way at the expense of others. Depictions also include demanding to "speak to the manager," being racist, or sporting a particular bob cut hairstyle.

The term Karen is not used by black women exclusively to describe certain white women, it is used by males and females of any race to describe an individual who has an over inflated opinion of their own self importance and behave in an aggressive and screechy manner towards people who do not conform to what Karen wants.  I suggest you type in the words 'karen - meltdown/tantrum/rant' into youtube and enjoy the videos.  The name Karen is irrelevant and I have no idea why it was chosen.

11 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Karen is a pejorative term used in the English-speaking world for someone perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary. A common stereotype is that of a white woman who uses her privilege to demand her own way at the expense of others. Depictions also include demanding to "speak to the manager," being racist, or sporting a particular bob cut hairstyle.

The term Karen is not used by black women exclusively to describe certain white women, it is used by males and females of any race to describe an individual who has an over inflated opinion of their own self importance and behave in an aggressive and screechy manner towards people who do not conform to what Karen wants.  I suggest you type in the words 'karen - meltdown/tantrum/rant' into youtube and enjoy the videos.  The name Karen is irrelevant and I have no idea why it was chosen.

It originated in the US and is mainly used in the US. Not a term that most Brits are familiar with. The title of the OP is British Karen. As we don't have Karen's in the UK its a clear oxymoron.