90 day report

I've been doing online 90 day reports for several years, with only minor issues.

I have my next reporting date as 2 November 2020. For some reason now, after trying to do an online report yesterday and today, I get a note on entering my basic data that I presumably have to go to Immigration - For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area. This is inconvenient - I wonder why out of the blue I can no longer do it online.

Could this be due to my new extension of stay issued last month?

That message means your record could no be found. That message sometimes comes up when the system cannot access the database it checks. 

Sometimes you can click OK on message that takes you back to your application, then enter the new captcha, click submit and it will work.

A good test would be to go on the site and click check the status of your application to see if you can access your record.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Thanks, Ubon Joe.

I checked - not working. Will have to go into Immigration.

You still have plenty of time to do the report. Try again in a day or so. You can to the report online up to the day your report is due.

I just went on the site and now have approved report for the first time ever. Always got the popup message before due to an old entry and a new passport,

I was so shocked that I didn't know what to do at first. Completed page 2 and did submit and got instant approval. Saved both the pending and the new report receipt that I will print out later to put in my passport.

1 hour ago, Johnny Rotten said:

I've been doing online 90 day reports for several years, with only minor issues.

I have my next reporting date as 2 November 2020. For some reason now, after trying to do an online report yesterday and today, I get a note on entering my basic data that I presumably have to go to Immigration - For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area. This is inconvenient - I wonder why out of the blue I can no longer do it online.

Could this be due to my new extension of stay issued last month?

I think you've applied a day too early. You should apply during the fifteen day window prior to your due date. 

Mine was due on 31-10-20 I've just done it yesterday. I had miscounted and first tried last Friday, 16-10-20, a day early, but got exactly the same message as you. As I said, I re-did it yesterday and it went through (pending) straight away, 

I know I can't give up...but did mine online.....just says "pending"......did it by post as a backup to the online application....no response......phoned IO a 'million' times no answer.......it will mean a 10 hour round trip if I have to go to the IO.

6 minutes ago, john terry1001 said:

I think you've applied a day too early. You should apply during the fifteen day window prior to your due date. 

His report is due on the 2nd and that is within the 15 day window. 

I just did mine that was due on the 3rd of November.

Is it true that you have to do your first 90 day report, after getting your retirement visa renewed, in person, or will the system still let you do your report online???? I think I read that on some earlier 90 day posts. 

2 minutes ago, KhunKenAP said:

Is it true that you have to do your first 90 day report, after getting your retirement visa renewed, in person, or will the system still let you do your report online???? I think I read that on some earlier 90 day posts. 

That is my understanding, but I would go by Ubonjoe's response if he comes back online.....he is the man.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

His report is due on the 2nd and that is within the 15 day window. 

I just did mine that was due on the 3rd of November.

I agree it should be ok but it might depend on when the date clicks round to the next date on the Sunday/Monday and possibly how early in the morning he actually filed the report. On two previous occasions mine has been initially rejected early in the morning but but accepted later in the same day.

10 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I wonder if the time-stamp on the previous report is a factor at all in the system's verification of an acceptable window?

I don't think it is. Mine show 10:58 on the 6th of August and it went through with instant approval earlier today.

My new online receipt shows the time as 00:00 today.

10 minutes ago, KhunKenAP said:

I was originally told renewing your extension had nothing to do with your 90 day report and they ran independently, although I understand that some offices have insisted renewing an extension resets to 90 day clock. 

In Chonburi I was told that they are independent and the only time the 90 day was reset was when you left, then re-entered Thailand.....in which case the re-entry reset to 90 day clock to zero. And that's how it's always worked for me over the years.

Ask at your local office to see what they actually want.   

42 minutes ago, KhunKenAP said:

Only the first extension of stay application resets the report date. You first report is the one done 90 days after the day you apply for that extension.

Applying for your 2nd one and onward does not reset the report date.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I just went on the site and now have approved report for the first time ever. Always got the popup message before due to an old entry and a new passport,

I was so shocked that I didn't know what to do at first. Completed page 2 and did submit and got instant approval. Saved both the pending and the new report receipt that I will print out later to put in my passport.

The website is not the most user friendly...and some of the English verbiage is cryptic and unclear. However, once you work your way through it it does work. When Covid started in January, I decided to give it a try and it worked the first time...since then, I've done 2 more reports online. It's the future for me!

21 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The website is not the most user friendly...and some of the English verbiage is cryptic and unclear. However, once you work your way through it it does work. When Covid started in January, I decided to give it a try and it worked the first time...since then, I've done 2 more reports online. It's the future for me!

No problem with wording of it for me. I had been trying for 5 years and always got the popup message due to an old entry and a new passport (confirmed by immigration in a email). They apparently have done some changes since the last time I tried in April (die in person in August after skipping Aprils report).

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

No problem with wording of it for me. I had been trying for 5 years and always got the popup message due to an old entry and a new passport (confirmed by immigration in a email). They apparently have done some changes since the last time I tried in April (die in person in August after skipping Aprils report).

Glad it's working for you too...5 years of quarterly trips to immigration are enough for me. Also, the page isn't formated for use on my mobile devices and I always have to use a computer based browser. 

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Same here.

While getting an extension I asked the officer if I should start doing 90 day reports he said not necessary.

It was a rare occasion when teh Office was very busy and staff seem unclear about the constantly changing system, they are very frendly and helpful and stamped me until Dec 30 free!.

I uploaded the stamp on another thread and read the comments that is not how many offices behave, just goes to show its a mixed bag.

I had attended on teh date they said asked for a year as I had 44 days remainimg and had paid 1900 since February 22 once, was told to return when 24 days remaning which is oddly Sunday 6th December , think I'll wait until Xmas and see how the rules pan out here, who knows maybe a border will be open by 12th night so a 7 day extension on 31st of january will see me up to January 6th.

In my experience as well as the joy of travel Foreign consuls and embassies seem to be far easier to deal with, provided you provide all the documents, in and out collect next day in Perth KL Penang Ho Chi Minh Savankhet etc

On 10/20/2020 at 9:12 AM, Orton Rd said:

Try the app as well as the website, sometimes one will work while the other will not

I have discovered what the problem is, after downloading the app, as recommended. My extension granted on 30th September 2020 until 30 September 2021 has not been inputted on the system yet, so the app shows that I'm on 'overstay!'

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 4:35 PM, Johnny Rotten said:

I have discovered what the problem is, after downloading the app, as recommended. My extension granted on 30th September 2020 until 30 September 2021 has not been inputted on the system yet, so the app shows that I'm on 'overstay!'

Good afternoon, 

I just found out the my extension also hasn't been in put ihto the system ye,t, so I'm experiencing the same problem. 

Just want to ask what did you end up doing? Went to immigration and did in person?

. Thank you 

On 10/20/2020 at 10:08 AM, ubonjoe said:

Thanks ubonjoe for your update.I have been here since 2004 and was in the same situation as you with old entry and new passport.So when I read your message I thought I would give it a try to-day and lo and behold I was approved.

I have now printed out my new appointment and put in my passport.So apparently there is hope for all old-timers here.

On 11/8/2020 at 11:49 AM, walailak said:

Good afternoon, 

I just found out the my extension also hasn't been in put ihto the system ye,t, so I'm experiencing the same problem. 

Just want to ask what did you end up doing? Went to immigration and did in person?

. Thank you 

Good day

I got an agent to go into CW Immigration and get my 90 day report updated - extension now to January. It now seems many people are having the same problem.

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2020 at 9:15 AM, Pattaya Spotter said:

Maybe clear your browser cache and be sure cookies are enabled for the Thai Immigration site...reboot and try again.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:46 AM, Oldie said:

Perhaps it doesn't like your browser. I used Chrome and had no problems (so far...) 

Thank you! 

This saved me a trip to immigration tomorrow!

For me changing the browser solved the problem.

I was using the Brave browser, tried about 10 times and got the "contact immigration message"
Switched over to chrome and it worked 1 minute later.

If neither of this work try using a private or incognito window. Or even download a new unused browser like Firefox and try that.

Good luck!

Archived