It's official! First batch of foreign STV tourists arriving from Shanghai today - but no red carpet!

webfact

10 minutes ago, Susco said:

Thai returnees are not tested prior to boarding the plane. Foreigners need to have a negative a test before they can board

Where do you have that information? Do you actually mean that they put tested and not tested people on the same plane together?

Ok, I admit that stranger things have happened. Still want a source for that. though.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, meechai said:

What he is saying & correctly so... is that Thai Nationals returning to Thailand do not need a covid test BEFORE the flight ( which is ridiculously ignorant move by Thai govt) ...Thus possibly infecting others on the plane

Ignorance by Thai govt shown & others like Smutcakes just cant see it is any problem at all that a foreigner who tested neg before flight tests positive a few days into Thai quarantine due to exposure on enclosed plane & then has their 100k USD policy drained at the nearest hospital for however long it takes to be cleared if ever. While Thai nationals who were not tested often come up positive once in Thailand & go to the free hospitals....Yeah lets all jump right on that plane ????

Thais who can afford to fly internationally can afford to be tested & many countries outside Thailand even test for free

Sure, it might be like you say and in that case it´s very wrong.

However, all is hearsay in this forum, without a link to government issued information.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Susco said:

You are on this forum 24 hours a day, so you should have plenty of sources. I'm not your assistant

No I am not here 24h a day. No need to be any assistant to legitimize your own posted information.

6 minutes ago, meechai said:

Look why is it others job to educate you?

Your the one here that does not know this long time common knowledge & center of debate

They only need a simple fit to fly certificate. The lame reasoning by Thai govt is they cannot deny the right for citizens to return

But yet this is not a denial it is a simple requirement made of everyone else to comply with a simple test which again is free in many western countries these days

If the Thai govt wants to go this ignorant route then dont allow others to fly with these possibly infected Thai Nationals....BTW: What about pilot, cabin crew etc? Why are they subjected to this nonsense??

But here of course written in Thai .... Because it is for Thai's returning home

https://thaiembdc.org/infoforthaisflyinghome/

But in case you dont read Thai here is a close translation

The Royal Thai Embassy in Washington, the Royal Thai Embassy in New York, the Royal Thai Embassy in Los Angeles, and the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Chicago were approved to arrange a flight to send Thai nationals back from the United States. Which has prepared flights to choose from 2 methods which are

1. Returned by a flight which is permitted to return to Thailand (repatriation flight)
2. Return by a semi-commercial flight back to Thailand (semi commercial flight)
Conditions for persons able to return to Thailand on a special flight

1. Thai nationals
2. Hold a Thai Passport or Identity Book (CI)
3. Purchasing plane tickets According to the channel and conditions provided
4.Provide a doctor's certificate (Fit-to-Fly health certificate).
5. Go to 14-day quarantine in a designated state or alternative detention facility.

So, you do not think you have to take a test during a pandemic to get a fit to fly cert? Yes, I do read Thai.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

You remember that (nowadays politically incorrect) children's song, don't you?

10 little Chinamen.... and then there were only 9

... and then 8,

then 7,

and so on.

I suspect that's what's happening here, too. 

In the end, one member of the security teams will act as a Bad Chinese Batsoup eater. 1 little Chinaman....................................I can't wait for the first little man to greet him/ her with Niehau. 

Edited by teacherclaire

34 minutes ago, meechai said:

Jeez...I give up someone else help this guy I give up

FYI fit to fly & covid tests are not the same...as you may learn by looking at Foreigners requirements to fly... 3.2 is not 3.3 understand?

Also....NO covid test is not part of fit to fly cert........pandemic or not....Ok stick a fork in me & see I'm done ????

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/07/11/foreigners_family/

3. At the departure airport, the approved applicant is required to present

3.1 A “Certificate of Entry into the Kingdom of Thailand” issued by The Royal Thai Embassy.

3.2 A Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected, using RT-PCR test, issued no more than 72 hours before departure

3.3 A ‘Fit to Fly Health Certificate’ issued no more than 72 hours before departure

3.4 A Medical insurance covering all expenditures of medical treatment, including COVID-19, while traveling to Thailand in an amount of at least 100,000 USD (The insurance must cover the whole duration of stay in Thailand).

No problem. I can read. Just that I find it very hard to believe.

I will correct myself. I am wrong! You have given me information as well as I also found on Thai Airways, the following:

Following information is required by foreign nationals:

• Passengers needs to present a health certification at check-in certifying the passenger “pose no risk of being infected by the coronavirus disease (COVID-19)”, with lab test result issued no more than 72 hours prior to departure.
  • Passengers needs to have health insurance (in amount of US$ 100,000) that should cover all expenditures of medical treatment while travelling abroad.
  • Screenings are held for all arriving passengers
  • Passengers are recommended to download the application AOT Airport and report their state of health. Please find the app on App Store here and Google Play here.
  • Passengers are encouraged to self isolation. This means that you are allowed to go out when necessary but avoid situations/ places with crowds.
  • Keep updated with information from WHO and the Thai Department of Disease Controls.

Following information is required by Thai Nationals returning to Thailand:

• Passengers needs to present a health certification confirming the passenger is fit to fly.
  • Passengers needs to present a letter issued by Royal Thai Embassy, Thai Consular Office or Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Thailand certifying that the passenger is Thai national returning to Thailand.
  • Proceed to follow the recommendations of the Thai Department of Disease Controls on arrival.

Passengers with booked flights between 12th of March 2020 - 30th of April 2020 wishing to rebook their tickets can do so free of charge, subject to availability and travel needs to be completed by 15th of December 2020. Terms and condition apply for cancellation of bookings. Please contact your travel agent or if you booked directly with THAI, contact your local THAI office.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, statman78 said:

If you look at the original post, this flight contains 41 tourists and 30 Thai returnees.  As mentioned in an earlier post, the Thai returnees do not need a negative COVIS test.

If you read finish before posting, you would easily found out that what you post about already been cleared.

However, I must say that if it´s posted on TVF, does not mean it´s true or facts of any kind. This time it was, and I have already corrected myself.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Daily News said that 1,200 - 1,600 passengers had been arriving recently at Suvarnabhumi per day.

So who are these arrivals, are they mostly Thai returnees with a sprinkling of farangs allowed back for business or family reasons, with perhaps one or two Elite visa holders? 40,000 to 50,000 Thai returnees a month seems like an awful lot to me.

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Who, if infected, could pass it onto any one of these 41 aliens, if it's true, what many posters say, that Thai returnees don't need to be tested before flying !

Perhaps it's because the Thai gov't (like all countries) is trying to get it's own citizens back home and then look at items like testing. 

Many of the repat flights leaving Bkk to other home countries have the same processes aimed at getting their citizens back home, then worry about tests etc. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3