It's official! First batch of foreign STV tourists arriving from Shanghai today - but no red carpet!

webfact

14 minutes ago, chasboyuk said:

Very true on my repatriation flight from the UK only the non-thais had COVID-19 testing done prior to our departure.

This seems crazy in itself, that one Thai on the plane who could be infectious then has the potential to infect 300 passengers and crew!

Of those 300 say what if one of those has a key factor such as diabetes or COPD? 

They become seriously due to the infection through no fault of their own. 

So IMHO all should have clear COVID-19 tests regardless of nationality before flying back to Thailand 

Out of interest what do all other countries do?

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Do try and keep up, everyone knows this - it's always been the way throughout this entire saga.

Thais can get on a flight without a COVID test, why do you think so many of them test positive in quarantine?

Do you need a test to fly back to your home country?

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

If you read finish before posting, you would easily found out that what you post about already been cleared.
However, I must say that if it´s posted on TVF, does not mean it´s true or facts of any kind. This time it was, and I have already corrected myself.

Sadly it is the nature of a forum that you will be continually making this point as new thread readers come across your first post and respond without reading the rest of the thread.

Always best to be absolutely certain of your facts before posting (I have fallen into that trap, luckily on a little used thread).

• Like 1

The new old norm change change everything every day such wisdom of the powerful... There numbers never add up there morning meeting they sit in we tell people cheap flight come now money money come come. The Thai's on the street could care less on there day buy day numbers of tourist coming in. Not one of them coming in will help that lady and old man down in soi 420 with a 20 baht tip. Going to miss giving the toy tee cleaner at the country cowboy his 50 baht tip this year what a job. The girl that has a baby that sits on the bridge with no home gets my baht coins. My small and big tips and donations every day for 60-30= 90 days total a year at days end I hope I made there day better.      

18 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Do try and keep up, everyone knows this - it's always been the way throughout this entire saga.

Thais can get on a flight without a COVID test, why do you think so many of them test positive in quarantine?

yes, and if you keep up with the thread before you quote, you would see that I agreed to that already.

• Sad 1

Not sure what sort of sane person would do this for a holiday. 

Guy I know returned from the UK after being stuck there for nearly 7 months. He was desperate to come back and he did his 14 day quarantine on arrival. Said he was stuck in his hotel room the whole time (yes, that's what quarantine is) and said he nearly went mad.

He said had he thought about it properly and knew what quarantine would really be like, he'd probably have waited longer until the quarantine was cut shorter or even got rid of. And he lives here. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, smutcakes said:

The Thais have to quarantine as well for 14 days, so what difference does it make if they are exposed on the plane, they still all need to quarantine for 14 days and have multiple tests throughout that time.

Your the 2nd person who has raised this point. Am i missing something?

You don't understand that Thai citizens don't need to take a covid19 test before they board the aircraft. Yes they have to quarantine in their own homes and not in an expensive prison but in the aircraft could be infectious 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The first experimental group will do 14 days in quarantine for a 30 day stay. Trying to imagine how this is worth it. Either they have been given a fantastic price for the package or they are coming from somewhere grim enough to make 2 weeks confined to a hotel room attractive.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/19824/thailand-to-open-skies-to-ten-foreign-airlines-while-first-group-of-chinese-tourists-arrives-on-tuesday/

The Ministry of Transport said on Tuesday that it would allow ten foreign airlines to gradually launch regular flights to Thailand as the pandemic situation has improved but all passengers must follow the guidelines made by the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

The flights are considered semi-commercial and all incoming passengers must go through the mandatory quarantine measures (ASQ) for at least 14 days. The airlines are as follows:

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal, please use the default forum font size when posting which is size 14.

4 hours ago, anchadian said:
The first experimental group will do 14 days in quarantine for a 30 day stay. Trying to imagine how this is worth it. Either they have been given a fantastic price for the package or they are coming from somewhere grim enough to make 2 weeks confined to a hotel room attractive.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/19824/thailand-to-open-skies-to-ten-foreign-airlines-while-first-group-of-chinese-tourists-arrives-on-tuesday/

The Ministry of Transport said on Tuesday that it would allow ten foreign airlines to gradually launch regular flights to Thailand as the pandemic situation has improved but all passengers must follow the guidelines made by the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

The flights are considered semi-commercial and all incoming passengers must go through the mandatory quarantine measures (ASQ) for at least 14 days. The airlines are as follows:

I woke up this morning to -3 degrees (C). That qualifies as grim enough.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smutcakes said:

The Thais have to quarantine as well for 14 days, so what difference does it make if they are exposed on the plane, they still all need to quarantine for 14 days and have multiple tests throughout that time.

Your the 2nd person who has raised this point. Am i missing something?

Maybe you are missing this

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/if-youve-been-exposed-to-the-coronavirus

Antibody tests can tell if someone has been infected with COVID-19. But the infected person doesn't begin producing antibodies immediately. It can take as long as three weeks for a blood antibody test to turn positive

• Like 2

Thailand to welcome its first group of STV tourists today

By The Nation

800_138353b060c1c84.jpeg?v=1603176596

Yuthasak Supasorn, governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT)

The first group of 41 tourists travelling on the Special Tourist Visa (STV) from Shanghai will land in Suvarnabhumi Airport on Tuesday at 5pm, a second group of 100 people from Guangzhou will fly in on October 26 and another group will be flown in from Shanghai on October 28.

Yuthasak Supasorn, governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), said on Tuesday that flights for future STV tourist groups from Europe are still considering which airport they will land in, as it may depend on where the tourists have booked their 14-day mandatory quarantine.

“I confirm that all foreigners who are arriving will have strictly complied with health measures. They will undergo the 14-day quarantine in alterative state facilities, and if they are clear of infection, they will be allowed to travel around the country. However, each tourist will be required to have a tracker app. Most of them, so far, have expressed a desire to travel to the beaches once their quarantine is complete,” Yuthasak said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30396483

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-20

2 minutes ago, Mak25 said:

No, I did not require. But same goes for other nationalities such as Thai who also don't need a test before coming to my home country.

So essentially the rules Thailand have a far more rigorous than many peoples home countries yet people prefer to spend their time bitching about Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Ok Which one of you of 41 has the black plague,or h1n1 please raise your hands so we know? As we only test for covid-19. No hands went up so we all must be safe? Right!

you forgot to mention their swine flu which is set to make a grand entrance onto the world stage at some point soon 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1