It's official! First batch of foreign STV tourists arriving from Shanghai today - but no red carpet!

webfact

9 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Who, if infected, could pass it onto any one of these 41 aliens, if it's true, what many posters say, that Thai returnees don't need to be tested before flying !

And Authorities may confirm that some of the 'FIRST BATCH' of Chinese aliens do test positive in ASQ, thus shutting down the STV program all together. Ain't that rich.... !

• Like 2

I should have been on that plane but was told it was sold out. Plenty of seats left. Sad for them, two less flip-flops on the ground. The disorganization of these flights is mind boggling. BTW: 40,300 for a one way ticket on a four hour flight.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

I should have been on that plane but was told it was sold out. Plenty of seats left. Sad for them, two less flip-flops on the ground. The disorganization of these flights is mind boggling. BTW: 40,300 for a one way ticket on a four hour flight.

You live in China? Wow 40300thb, crazy... This was quoted from embassy or STV agency?

1 hour ago, 86Tiger said:

Well, did you touch a door knob after you tested?  Ride in taxi or train? touch a piece of money?  Touch a hand rail on stair or escalator? Elevator buttons? Touch the counter at the check in counter?  Touch a bin for your bag going through security? Touch anything on the plane?

The point, there are 100's of vectors for acquiring any of the 1000's if not tens of 1000's of viruses or bacteria out in the world that can cause harm we come in contact with every day.

Unless the person sitting beside you is coughing, spitting, sneezing on you then you are no more at risk of being infected than by any of those other vectors.  Because that person is wearing a mask and we all know a mask is magic against virus......

Which doesn't address the point as to why foreigners need to have a C19 test whereas Thais do not, when they are both flying from the same location? Seems pointless. Hopefully the new LAMP C19 test being rolled out by some airlines at Heathrow, which apparently give quick and reliable results within 20 minutes, will get the ball rolling. 

FWIW, I also read some data on tests around C19 exposure carried out on behalf of one of the major US airlines (which implies potential bias of course). It stated that the HEPA air filters in aircraft should mean that it would take a flight of about 50 hours to get sufficient exposure to an infected person, even if close by, to be likely to become infected yourself. I would assume that assumes face masks are worn at all times except for eating or drinking. Make of that research what you will.

Edited by MarkyM3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jackdd said:

Just have a look at any embassy's website as to what documents are required from Thai nationals returning to Thailand. A negative Covid test is not required.

Was actually the scariest part of trying to get back in at 62.  I was tested but....

27 minutes ago, Mung said:

I've been back in the UK since February of this year, and I personally do not know of anybody who has died from this virus, and only one person who has been hospitalised. Very few people care back here about the pandemic, and quite rightly so. I attended a funeral last week, and nobody really gave a rats <deleted> about the measures put in place - life goes on as it normally would in the minds of the majority. COVID-19 is 1.3 to 3 times deadlier than influenza, which ain't a whole lot 

Two guys who used to drink in my village local have died from it. My daughter and son in law work in a hospital which has been inundated with Covid patients, many of whom died.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prakhonchai nick said:

They were due to land 2 and half hours ago on a cheapo airline. Any information as to whether they have actually arrived?

Arrivals show that the plane landed at 17:10hrs. I was using the app Flightradar24 and have to admit that I didn't see that plane identified. Saw all the other flights that arrived around that time though. 

REVISED Tourist numbers from 2009:   It was NOT 35 million, but 897 people.  

Just type in random numbers like 7329847230493740238472394  and it all might be more believable.  I've been here soo long I'm wondering if I've ever read anything truthful.  The Earth is at least flat!!!  One fact.