Anyone with new model Honda Forza?

I am considering the latest Forza 350. Anyone have it yet? Not many around. It seems there were some minor improvements, but other than the power train, similar to the 2019 Forza 300. Any owners of either here, who can share their thoughts about the ride and especially the suspension? I hated the old model Forza. Terrible ride. Like a river barge. But, the new bike looks totally redesigned. Thanks. 

You hated the old model...!! Really... I love the old model... it's low to the ground and rides wonderful with a nice big and wide seat! Ask yourself why the old model has suddenly jumped up in price...? Demand is the reason...demand for a well maintained bike? Why was the new model not selling? Why did Honda have to put in a bigger engine? The only thing I like about the new Forza are the gadgets and now I guess the new power...what I don't like is it's too high to the ground...for me that's a big factor!

Edited by gillap
Spelling
28 minutes ago, gillap said:

You hated the old model...!! Really... I love the old model... it's low to the ground and rides wonderful with a nice big and wide seat! Ask yourself why the old model has suddenly jumped up in price...? Demand is the reason...demand for a well maintained bike? Why was the new model not selling? Why did Honda have to put in a bigger engine? The only thing I like about the new Forza are the gadgets and now I guess the new power...what I don't like is it's too high to the ground...for me that's a big factor!

Is correct the higher you are the less you have stability and safety, I really don't understand these engineers who make these projects, it's probably just the marketing directions that prevail at the expense of intelligence

1 hour ago, Henricus said:

And don`t forget the special drivers license you need for 300 cc and up 

its 400 and up.

get your facts right

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First thing to do if you own the Mk1 Forza is throw a set of YSS adjustable shocks on rear, once set up to suit you bike becomes super comfortable and handles great (yes old model is a bit bulky/Barge like looking however it handles and rides far better than it looks) Mines a 2013 and I still enjoy all the benefits it gives me, whether around town or a roadtrip, solo or with pillion it does all I need, Im a fat ar$e at +16 stone, I dont need anymore than the 300cc I have, plenty power/fast enough for Thai road conditions, oh and 2nd thing to do is get Pirellies on when tyres due - Jobs a Good un!

New Forza bit long in leg for me and yes it looks nice but I just prefer to keep my old one as is a great bike (Phuket based Forza owner)

The newer forzas ride more like a proper motorcycle.  I ride mine as much as  time permits.  About 30,000 kilometers per year. Touring weeks at a time. Very comfortable for my wife and I. It is fitted with a top box and side boxes for when touring. I put off buying a big bike due to the fact the forza does all a big bike does, but yet can ride it on  a daily basis.  I'm holding off getting the new 350 because an ADV 350 is coming next year. And will decide which one to get. 

On 10/20/2020 at 8:49 AM, spidermike007 said:

I am considering the latest Forza 350. Anyone have it yet? Not many around. It seems there were some minor improvements, but other than the power train, similar to the 2019 Forza 300. Any owners of either here, who can share their thoughts about the ride and especially the suspension? I hated the old model Forza. Terrible ride. Like a river barge. But, the new bike looks totally redesigned. Thanks. 

I have the new 350, just traded in my 18 300 for it. I had done 40km+ on the older one so thought I would upgrade.

Has a new engine and transmission, radiator is at the front now, bigger air box and body work has changed slightly to allow more air into the engine. Everything else is the same. Suspension is OK, it is budget but not too budget. 

Overall, has more pull, not crazy amount more but it is noticeable and a higher top speed. The downside? Comes with IRC tires which are OK but noisy and just not as good as Pirellis. 

Worth the price if you are buying new, or upgrading from the 18 model if you have put a lot of KMs on it. I use mine for commuting and other bikes for the weekend rides. 

• Like 1
On 10/21/2020 at 8:38 AM, Henricus said:

And don`t forget the special drivers license you need for 300 cc and up 

I believe it is 400CC and has yet to be enforced.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

I have the new 350, just traded in my 18 300 for it. I had done 40km+ on the older one so thought I would upgrade.

Has a new engine and transmission, radiator is at the front now, bigger air box and body work has changed slightly to allow more air into the engine. Everything else is the same. Suspension is OK, it is budget but not too budget. 

Overall, has more pull, not crazy amount more but it is noticeable and a higher top speed. The downside? Comes with IRC tires which are OK but noisy and just not as good as Pirellis. 

Worth the price if you are buying new, or upgrading from the 18 model if you have put a lot of KMs on it. I use mine for commuting and other bikes for the weekend rides. 

Nice. Yeah, I like the look of it, and the instrumentation. Would change tires, first thing, to Michelin or Pirelli. And the handling? Has it improved markedly since the river barge days of the old style Forza?