Third time unlucky! Argentinian nabbed growing 100+ ganja plants

webfact

Third time unlucky! Argentinian nabbed growing 100+ ganja plants

2pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

A contingent led by the Bang Poo police chief Pol Col Phisut Jantharasuwan and Samut Prakan immigration chief Pol Col Parinya Klinkasen went to a two story town house in the Fuang Fa 17 housing estate in Phraek Sa Mai, Muang Samut Prakan.

There they served a search warrant on Sagas N., a 35 year old Argentinian, and found 108 1.5 meter tall ganga plants growing downstairs. 

They had received information and then gathered evidence about a foreigner renting and growing ganja. 

A video published by 77kaoded now on YouTube showed the plants being loaded on a truck before the suspect was taken away.

Sagas said he was growing the plants to produce resin. He got the seeds from the internet.

His Thai girlfriend bought the fertilizer and other equipment for him, he said. 

2pm.jpg

He had done two trial runs before but the quality had been poor.

This was his third attempt and had resulted in his arrest. The plants were not ready for harvest yet, he noted. 

He was charged with producing and possessing a Class 5 drug (marijuana) and taken to the Bang Poo police station. 

2pm2.jpg

Thaivisa notes that Thailand is readying plans to make it possible for people to grow ganja if they have permission from a doctor that it is needed for medicinal use. 

Though the much vaunted scheme proposed on a manifesto ticket by Bhumjai Thai party leader and current DPM and health minister Anutin Charnvirakul would only allow a private person to grow SIX plants with the correct permission. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-20

37 minutes ago, webfact said:

His Thai girlfriend bought the fertilizer and other equipment for him, he said. 

Nice man! Now you just implicated her as an accomplish, knowing exactly what she did. See how it goes when you try to be honest......:cheesy:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I'm waiting for the Health Minister to announce permission to grow ganja. His variety grows into trees.

Reserved occupation, I'd like to see you achieve the impossible and get a work permit....lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cocopops said:

How much <deleted> is he in for this? A couple of years in the clink? Throw away the key? Or are they lightening up on this smallish scale stuff?

If he has enough money he will be out tomorrow. There was a big Israeli dealer caught on Koh Phangan he was back in a week showing off on instagram.

Edited by Don Chance

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Reserved occupation, I'd like to see you achieve the impossible and get a work permit....lol

Some of us have Thai families.

100 plants is seriously whacky ........ I couldn't manage to smoke 1 plant (2oz) in a year.

It's clearly not for personal use.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Some of us have Thai families.

100 plants is seriously whacky ........ I couldn't manage to smoke 1 plant (2oz) in a year.

It's clearly not for personal use.

Not if your trying to make resin from them...

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm betting argument with his gf.

Or the fact he’s growing them in a townhouse might have something to do with it, lol. His electricity and water bill are probably way higher than his neighbors, the smell, and it’s difficult to hide your house looks like a jungle inside. 

13 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I'd like to know who grassed him up, in fact weed all like to know.            :sorry:

I conseed. :sorry: too  Maybe It was  Old Bill, & Ben they never liked the gardener.

1965077625_download(18).jpg.89bec077dc70aa06b6bfa8fb7d183dad.jpg

Edited by brianthainess
add pic.
  • Haha 1

What always amazes me in these 'arrested for growing cannabis' stories, is the guys seem to have no growing skills at all.

They've spent a fortune on equipment, planted dozens of plants, they're risking serious jail time, but the plants are the worst I've ever seen.

If you're going to be a criminal, at least attempt to do it well.

The sad irony is that SEA has excellent growing conditions for this sort of thing, and he's growing indoors.  A plexiglass roof would have made all the difference.

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

What always amazes me in these 'arrested for growing cannabis' stories, is the guys seem to have no growing skills at all.

They've spent a fortune on equipment, planted dozens of plants, they're risking serious jail time, but the plants are the worst I've ever seen.

The "wisdom,"  world-wide, of people who do not understand this thing is "it's a weed, how difficult can it be to grow it?"  Tried any Cambodian weed in the past few years? 

Did some house sitting for someone in Buenos Aires one summer, they had a few plants in the backyard.  I got one of them to reach app. 9 feet (3 meters).  I moved on before harvest, I can only guess the yield.  But yeah, it's not that difficult to grow outdoors in the right climate, but like with a lot of things a little knowledge goes a long way.

Edited by bendejo

2 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

you all must be experts on here on weed and guns I would not even know how they look like

It's 2020, time to brush off the cobwebs, time to get out and smell the roses!

Edited by PatOngo