Protests

Gandtee

Many of the great democracies of Western Europe are monarchies. My beloved wife understands now that there are models to be followed in the Farang world.

She agrees also on the need to promote "out of the box" thinking in the Thai education system..

Obviously I can't elaborate here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

A prime example to anyone of why schools should not be allowed to indoctrinate children.....religious schools, in particular, should be banned throughout the world.

i tend to agree. i try to tell my son to just nod and smile as expected but formulate your own opinions. He can tell me anything he feels about a certain institution - but be careful what you say in school - or to your Mum.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Imagine Thailand without any corruption 

...... and imagine it without any available women.

...... or any of us lured here by their availability.

I'm OK with it the way it is, and with the leaders it has.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

My missus knows. She doesn't like to admit it but she knows.

She's from a middle-class family and has a good job. Her way of coping with Thailand's sordid past and the lies she bought into is to pretend she doesn't care. Just be apathetic and say stuff like, "I have a career and life that I must focus on". I know she doesn't like the government, but she does that annoying thing of saying, "But what can I do? I'm only one person". To which I reply, "you can simply care". 

I guess there are a lot Thais who are the same. I've always said that if you really wanna galvanize the public, take away their internet. Their ability to go on social media and watch Tiktok videos, etc. And ironically, it wouldn't surprise me if the government tried it. If they blocked the internet for an extended period of time, then you'd get my missus out on the street. 

Same in our house dont want to talk about it 

54 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

My wife is a head in the sand idiot as well, no point discussing it. Anything other than food, family and music does not register. I just took pictures down of two famous people off the wall that have been up for 8 years, she never mentioned it. She has never even voted, an ideal citizen, thank god the younger people are more aware and a lot won't put up with being crapped on any longer???? Might replace the pics with ones of the protest leaders and see if that gets noticed!

Obviously attracted by her superior intellect, stimulating discussion on world events, and her analytical mind.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

...... and imagine it without any available women.

...... or any of us lured here by their availability.

I'm OK with it the way it is, and with the leaders it has.

BMT gonna be <deleted> off when he finds out his account is hacked 

50 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Obviously attracted by her superior intellect, stimulating discussion on world events, and her analytical mind.

well they are all cute and charming- at first ????

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1

I think nothing much chance even PM resign. Corruption is too deep in this coundry and it's in every level!

Almost everybody make money in every office, so its going to continue dosen't matter who is leader!

Maybe if its not army , then they not get so much money. Like buy submarines etc.

My wife niece is in Khon Kaen university who we support and pay her school. And wife deny her to take part in protest. She support things in her mind but there it stays!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

I think nothing much chance even PM resign. Corruption is too deep in this coundry and it's in every level!

Almost everybody make money in every office, so its going to continue dosen't matter who is leader!

Maybe if its not army , then they not get so much money. Like buy submarines etc.

My wife niece is in Khon Kaen university who we support and pay her school. And wife deny her to take part in protest. She support things in her mind but there it stays!

You blackmail her then, you support her so she has to do what you want, disgraceful let her decide for herself.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

You are using coercion to control her behaviours, that is a terrible thing to do to person, taking away their agency.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

You blackmail her then, you support her so she has to do what you want, disgraceful let her decide for herself.

If you pay, you can say.

I don't allow my step-daughter to associate with men either.

Her choice, nobody is forcing her to take my money and live in my home, she's an adult.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1