Fortunately for me and my wife we agree. We both have quite strong conservative freedom loving attitudes. And I have convinced her that the people in power put their pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else and they all have to squat to take a dump just like everyone else.

Edited by Kurtf
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A prime example to anyone of why schools should not be allowed to indoctrinate children.....religious schools, in particular, should be banned throughout the world.

yep, my wife is a staunch royalist - she cant bare the comments being made. my son is M1 and has started waving 3 fingers about the house. you can imagine the friction. It doesnt help that she constan

Was with my misses family yesterday (police) they muttered something about Prayut, and I said I thought he was doing a great job and how I enjoyed being here ........... they all laughed. Not my

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Morch said:

As per your last comment - not so. Go on social media, and the picture is pretty much reversed. A lot of outspoken commentary, and quite a bit of harassment directed at those not supporting (or seen as such) by them 'netizens'. Not really all that democratic on this front.

I'm aware of the outspoken commentary supporting the protesters' demands and this is an unusual and IMO positive development in this country. However it remains a vocal minority in a country of 70 million.

Most Thai people are too afraid to speak out, in any medium.

2 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

I'm aware of the outspoken commentary supporting the protesters' demands and this is an unusual and IMO positive development in this country. However it remains a vocal minority in a country of 70 million.

Most Thai people are too afraid to speak out, in any medium.

Despite appearances, most Thai people aren't on social media. If you consider those who are active on the social media as representative (with probably younger crowd bias), then what you claim is not entirely correct - at least not the 'in any medium' bit.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

3 fingers is for the Army and current army government, the police all support Thaksin (who was also police).

These protestors definitely don't support the police, and they're not for Thaksin either. 

• Like 1
Just now, KhaoNiaw said:

These protestors definitely don't support the police, and they're not for Thaksin either. 

Maybe not but the rank and file police support the protesters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, samtab said:

Discuss with a Thai 🙂 555

Only my 23 years old KIK understands what's happening and supports democracy.

Older Thai all are pure idiots.

Agreed. My 2 Thai GFs are both university educated and relatively wealthy individuals yet neither of them will say a word about the situation. Afraid to do so I strongly suspect.

Not a subject to discuss with strangers but you should be able to talk with your wife if you chose her for brains as much as looks? I think I made a good point there.. 

My 40 year old g/f loved the old Deleted, hates the new, and despises the government. Is sickened by the poor financial response to COVID, she lost her job months ago and is existing only on what I can give her, no Thai will employ a dark-ish skinned large bodied but pretty woman. She strongly supports the protests, but doesn't discuss with her friends, only me. 

The female Thai owner of my favourite restaurant is the same on both Deleted and government. 

Not much to discuss as I'm not an expert and don't want to be, but it shouldn't be taboo. 

6 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

but you should be able to talk with your wife if you chose her for brains as much as looks? I think I made a good point there.. 

Must be an awful lot of s****d wives out there 

• Thanks 1
On 10/20/2020 at 9:42 AM, Surelynot said:

A prime example to anyone of why schools should not be allowed to indoctrinate children.....religious schools, in particular, should be banned throughout the world.

Freedom of religion apparently means that religious folks are free to inflict themselves on the rest of the world. 

It will never end since there will always be those who cannot accept death as an end. Once they invent a fictious entity that guarantees them life after death they are then forced into create endless streams of dogma to prove it to themselves. 

4 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Think that it has been the pandemic that caused that 

My wife is measuring against her portfolio SET performance and divident returns over the last 7 or 8 years. I think she has got shares in about 20 companies and she follows quite a few others for day trading. 

My wife's sister works for Maybank as an investment advisor, hence the family's general interest in share trading and she saw a reduction in overseas activity in the SET from her foreign clients well before the Pandemic because of perceived political uncertainty. So no, this isn't due to the pandemic although the current state of affairs further exacerbates the economic woes.

Maybe their perception that Prayut is the cause of the lack of confidence in investment is wrong or misplaced...I dont follow it myself.

3 hours ago, Morch said:

I seriously doubt our IO experience will change much if the new lot comes to power. Or for that matter, that much else will.

It's not a "new lot" that is being called for.

The demands being made are intended to result in a new system.

New Era.......new war.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:03 AM, ChipButty said:

My wife is pretty switched on and is well aware of whats going on so best I say nothing unless I want to know something, keep the peace

Same as mine, she's switched on and she even thinks it's time for a change, her friends are a mixed bunch depending on their employment.