Casting Windows 10 screen to BeeLink Android Device

carlyai

I'm looking for programs that can cast my Windows VPN stream on my Windows Ipad to my BeeLink Android player that is connected to my TV. 

It would be preferable if I could cable between my Windows and Android devices.

The aim is to display my Windows screen on the TV.

There seem to be a few programs around but I would really like if someone has actually used the programs and if they work properly (no drop outs etc). The reason is I'll be switching my stream every minute and the break will be milliseconds but I don't want the TV picture to drop out.

Thank you.

Does your "Windows Ipad" (I'm assuming tablet device) have an option for HDMI-out, as that would be the easiest to implement (if the content app allows high-resolution video-out via HDMI).

Alternatively, most 'casting' options stream video content over WiFi or Ethernet LAN (which would be an issue as your working connection likely is being firewalled when your Internet is rerouted through the VPN tunnel).

I think I'd focus on trying to use the BeeLink Android Player as the VPN content source, and use the tablet as a remote control. 

3 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Are the two different device VPN on different subscriptions, or different providers?

No same provider but has Android and Windows servers. Seems that due to technology differences Windows servers can use proxy servers and I can switch between 12 different servers, on the same land mass but different ips. Android only has a fixed ip. Easy to geo block Android but more difficult if in country location is changing. 

I'm really happy with my BeeLink Android box and kodi, but it's not Windows technology, so I want my BeeLink with Windows VPN. 

Saw a program called Splashguard or similar but you know, half these programs have bugs that's why I wanted someone who has used a good program before. 

If you'ryou're interested in aquaponics, have a look at my just finished fish setup. Pinned thread farming and then aquaponics. Timetogrow got some great gear too toooooo .y????

6 minutes ago, carlyai said:

No same provider but has Android and Windows servers. Seems that due to technology differences Windows servers can use proxy servers and I can switch between 12 different servers, on the same land mass but different ips. Android only has a fixed ip. Easy to geo block Android but more difficult if in country location is changing

I think you are confused.

An Android device bypass much easier geo blocking then a Windows device, and that is also why VPN apps for windows have a DNS leak setting, which the same VPN app for Android will not have.

You have brought this up several times, that the Android VPN app has fewer servers than the Windows app, which few members on this forum who have the same VPN already have confirmed as not to be the case.

Maybe you should get bit more familiar with Android

Details needed:

Beelink device model number

Windows device make and model

Type of content to be cast

Beelink has a decent user forum, maybe search/read there?

After a very brief search there saw some mention that this feature might not work.

One can cast a PC Windows Chrome Browser window to TV (assuming it supports native casting), or Chromecast.

1 hour ago, Susco said:

I think you are confused.

An Android device bypass much easier geo blocking then a Windows device, and that is also why VPN apps for windows have a DNS leak setting, which the same VPN app for Android will not have.

You have brought this up several times, that the Android VPN app has fewer servers than the Windows app, which few members on this forum who have the same VPN already have confirmed as not to be the case.

Maybe you should get bit more familiar with Android

I am always confused. Yes maybe I should. ????

@Susco This is talking about the VPN I am using. So I read this as there are more connections available using Windows than Android. How would you read it?

'It is indeed true that on Windows, as well as on Macs, you will see many more IP addresses available in the application. That's because of the technology used. On Android you can connect to our servers using either the OpenVPN technology (used by our Android application), or by "L2TP over IPSec" VPN using the built-in Android VPN support.

The VPN technology will always direct the connection to just one IP address. Since the above mentioned 2 VPN technologies allow to point either to the same or a different IP, you will be able to connect via one ot two IPs max, for a given server.

In the Windows and Mac versions, the application used (encrypted) proxy server connections, which allows it to use multiple IP addresses and it's also easy to switch between them with almost no delay.'

If your windows pc have wireless adapter capable of miracast, and a smart tv with wifi capabilities, you can easily mirror your pc to tv. Else a direct hdmi connection from pc tv would be advisable. The point is to check whether your pc wireless network adapter supports widi/miracast.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, carlyai said:

'It is indeed true that on Windows, as well as on Macs, you will see many more IP addresses available in the application.

Your VPN provider is offering alternative remote connection options via the installed application. You would think the company could offer the *same* connections using an 'APP' (and not relying on built-in OS connection options).

46 minutes ago, carlyai said:

@Susco This is talking about the VPN I am using. So I read this as there are more connections available using Windows than Android. How would you read it?

From your previous posts on this topic, I understand you use ExpressVpn. Can you please confirm this?

20 minutes ago, carlyai said:

I never said I was using ExpressVPN. I am not using Express VPN.

Maybe I'm confusing you with another member who has started 20 threads on this topic, but I have always tried to help, as i know a thing or 2 about Android boxes and VPN's.

In your last thread you even asked me to PM you a VPN that 100% works on an Android box for your purpose, which I did, though you forgot to say thank you.

So continue to be so hostile, and I'm sure you gonna get it sorted soon. NOT?

1 hour ago, Susco said:

Maybe I'm confusing you with another member who has started 20 threads on this topic, but I have always tried to help, as i know a thing or 2 about Android boxes and VPN's.

In your last thread you even asked me to PM you a VPN that 100% works on an Android box for your purpose, which I did, though you forgot to say thank you.

So continue to be so hostile, and I'm sure you gonna get it sorted soon. NOT?

Thank you.

I was thinking of taking you up on your offer and asked in a response PM if you had a trial period but you never responded. ????

What's the Boolean logic NOT for?

16 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Thank you.

I was thinking of taking you up on your offer and asked in a response PM if you had a trial period but you never responded. ????

What's the Boolean logic NOT for?

Yes there is a 7 day free trial

asked in a response PM if you had a trial period but you never responded.

????

But you NEVER responded to the PM, so maybe you spoiled it by making things up

image.png.4f8f1796f0b59096493a2da4a3c59e57.png

Edited by Susco

52 minutes ago, Susco said:

Yes there is a 7 day free trial

But you NEVER responded to the PM, so maybe you spoiled it by making things up

image.png.4f8f1796f0b59096493a2da4a3c59e57.png

Well that's my fault. I did write a response and asked you for a trial, but musn' t have posted it. I just looked and post not there.

So thank you for advising me of the VPN and my fault I didn't send the post. ????