Scratches to a car: Security guard murders driver in broad daylight while he buys "look chin"

webfact

Scratches to a car: Security guard murders driver in broad daylight while he buys "look chin"

5pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

A pork ball on a stick vendor told the press how she witnessed a savage knife attack on a man who was buying "look chin" at her stall on his way home from work.

The murder in broad daylight yesterday afternoon came after the victim allegedly scratched the assailant's pick-up

The assailant - a security guard - is being hunted. 

Police and rescue services were called to the Sakhla housing estate in Samut Prakan around 5.30 pm where they found Asawin, 48, dead in a pool of blood in the street from six stab wounds all over his body.

There was a plastic food bag and its contents all strewn about. 

The assailant fled in a Nissan pick-up but though officers radioed ahead he evaded capture. 

The pork ball seller at the scene said she had waved at the victim as he rode a motorcycle home from his job. He was a ten wheel truck driver. 

She encouraged him to buy some food. He parked his motorcycle near one of the buildings and bought 5 sticks while they engaged in friendly conversation as they knew each other well. 

At that moment the assailant - a 56 year old man called Sombat who is a security guard at the estate - suddenly ran up to Asawin and viciously stabbed him in a frenzy. 

The victim tried to run off but it was no use and he collapsed and died immediately. 

Sombat then threw the knife in a pond, got into his pick-up that had the engine running and drove off. 

Locals helped the police find the knife in the pond after a 10 minute search.

The police said that the victim worked for a local company and lived in the same block as the assailant. 

They had argued two or three times over scratches that appeared on Sombat's pick-up.

Sombat's wife had been in the juristic person's office reviewing CCTV and had seen the deceased milling about her husband's pick-up.

She telephoned to tell him the news after which he got in his vehicle and waited for Asawin to come home from work before attacking him.

Police have applied for a warrant and are hunting for Sombat. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-20

• Sad 9

Thai men and their cars...look out!

I recall an incident in CM years ago when I was walking on the sidewalk pass a hotel exit avenue ... as I walked into that exit street... a Thai driving a Honda new car almost hit me and I jumped back to avoid an accident.

at that point I pounded on the side of his car to tell him ...you almost hit me.

he jumped out of the car boiling mad ready to fight.

lucky I’m big enough to take care of myself. It was close to fisty cuffs but he decided to leave after a few words.

thai men and their cars.... usually the wanna be Hi So w no money!

Edited by miamiman123
Spell

Just had it happen to my wife's new truck. some person driving at where she has her restaurant apparently hit her back bumber very hard and pushed it in. Left the scene and we don't know who. Just another A -hole Thai pcs of do do driver. If I found out who I would certainly rack the guy up with some fists. 

• Sad 1

More and more Thais are becoming “unhinged” and “out of control” many worry about what will happened to their respected leader and uncle Prime minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and the beloved Deleted as a hole. I’m worried too. The unrest in Thailand have to stop. Things need to go back to the way it was. “Change is no good

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, hoopsandyoyo said:

(don’t mistake my kindness/silence in the past as a sense of weakness)

...Beginning late 2020, given the history of how Thai’s treat falongs , especially caucasians (i’m asian btw), the duel pricing, blatant racism, scams, talking very poorly about expats/tourists behind our backs, calling all foreigners dirty & smelly, poor treatment of retirees....the list goes on and on...

I will NO longer make excuses for Thailand and it’s people.  Whenever someone back home questioned the censorship, military govt, etc, I use to stick up for Thailand and it’s people.  

But the facts/truth is, Thai people “tolerate” us, but we will never be “accepted” as equals.  We will never really be able to call “Thailand” home.

I am ok with this.  I understand how things are.  If I ever feel the issues that persist are too great, I will no longer visit Thailand, but until then, I know where we stand and the arrangement in place. 

I will also have no feeling/indifferent-whenever a Thai falls ills or a similar situation like above occurs.  If you want compassion and respect.

“You have to give respect, in order to get respect”

I was about to say that you can't have been here long.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Forgive me if I am wrong, but the villain of this piece seems to be someone that does not think ahead much - this prize pick up that he worried about a scratch on , will now be out of bounds to him for about the next 20-30 years. I hate to think who he will murder for all the rust on it when he gets out

he'll go after the wife because she didn't wash it every sunday and it kept rusting away