Non-O Marriage Visa (possible) woes

I've had 400,00 baht in my Kasikorn bank account for my Non-O visa for the past month but this morning I transferred 200,000 baht out of my savings account instead of 20,000 baht out. It was transferred back in within a few minutes so will this affect my application next month?

Any out there know if this will reset the 2 month seasoning of the bank account?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

According to the rules it will reset the time. However, it will be depending on your capability to talk for your case, and the IO´s mind of the day.

The IO staff are pretty decent and honest so I think it may work out. The money was out of the account for less than four minutes so it may be OK.

Thanks for the input Matzzon

• Like 2

1 hour ago, schondie said:

The IO staff are pretty decent and honest so I think it may work out. The money was out of the account for less than four minutes so it may be OK.

Let´s hope for the best. My IO would accept it too, if there is a sensible explanation. Good Luck! ???? 

16 hours ago, schondie said:

From personal experience of Thai immigration sticking obsessively to the book, I wouldn't be surprised if you're disappointed. Hope you get an IO who had their nooky last night and got out of the right side of the bed this morning.

3 hours ago, jesimps said:

From personal experience of Thai immigration sticking obsessively to the book, I wouldn't be surprised if you're disappointed. Hope you get an IO who had their nooky last night and got out of the right side of the bed this morning.

It seems OP doesn't stay in BKK or in another large city. At several smaller offices you get to know the people after several extensions,90 days reports and other errands. 

34 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

It seems OP doesn't stay in BKK or in another large city. At several smaller offices you get to know the people after several extensions,90 days reports and other errands. 

You're correct about not living in BKK. The IO in Phatthalung is quite small and the staff have been extremely helpful in the past, they have guided us through the process as much as they could and know that situation is difficult for foreigners here.

My wife and I are heading down tomorrow to find out if they will accept it as a mistake.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, schondie said:

You're correct about not living in BKK. The IO in Phatthalung is quite small and the staff have been extremely helpful in the past, they have guided us through the process as much as they could and know that situation is difficult for foreigners here.

My wife and I are heading down tomorrow to find out if they will accept it as a mistake.

If you're using the K-Bank app you'll see that every transaction, withdrawals and deposits comes with a time stamp. That might also help to convince the IO that it was a mistake if it only took 4 min to correct it.

Edited by Max69xl

1 more thing, if the account you accidentally transferred to to is in your name only I don't think there is a rule that the whole 400k needs to be in only 1 account. It DOES say it has to be in an account in your name only. Might not hurt to bring a print out of both accounts.

If the other acct was solely in your name then you could just show balances from both accts to show you never dropped below Bt400K.  

About a half dozen years ago when I was using Bangkok Bank "fixed" savings acct to keep my Bt800K retirement extension of stay money in, when my "first" fixed acct matured I went to the bank to roll it over into a new fixed acct.  This was about 2.5 months before my retirement extension of stay was due renewal and at that time you needed to have Bt800K seasoned for at least "three " months before applying (it's now two months).   

With this being my first fixed savings acct rollover...like from a 15 months fixed savings to a 7 month fixed savings I thought my passbook acct number would stay the same....that is, the acct number would not be closed...just rolled over into the 7 month fixed savings program.   But no...at Bangkok Bank when you roll over funds from a matured fixed savings to a new fixed savings they close the old acct and issue you a completely new acct number/new passbook.  The old passbook and acct number is cancelled.    

Well, I was not expecting it to work that way....I thought I would be keeping my same acct number (and passbook) because when the 15 month fixed savings matured it automatically rolled over into a 90 day fixed savings.....the only change was the description in the passbook changed from 15 month to 90 day fixed savings.   But as mentioned when I went in to roll over to a higher interest paying 7 months savings they closed the old acct and issued a new acct.  Yeap, I was surprised (in a bad way) when they handed me back my new passbook with new acct number "AND" my old passbook with the previous acct now cancelled/closed.

Of course I was mildly upset with the situation.  The bank reps said there should be no issue with immigration...just show immigration the old and new accts which shows the how one was closed and another immediately opened same day...within minutes of each other....with the same balance in each acct....just explain it was a rollover of funds to a new acct.

Well, immigration was indeed OK with that when I applied for my extension renewal.  I initially did not show them my old passbook....only the new passbook only showing 2.5 months of transaction....the immigration officer asked to see my previous passbook going back further in time.   handed the old passbook to the officer....the officer immediately spotted it was a different acct number and asked for an explanation.  I explained the issue...the rollover...and I pointed out at no time did the balance drop below Bt800K when considering  "both" accts.  The officer was fine with that....extension approved.   

However, but, I decided after that incident to never do a fixed savings rollover during the required funding seasoning period just before an extension renewal....not to take the chance of getting a less understanding immigration officer even if all my accts are only in my name.

52 minutes ago, Pib said:

However, but, I decided after that incident to never do a fixed savings rollover during the required funding seasoning period just before an extension renewal....not to take the chance of getting a less understanding immigration officer even if all my accts are only in my name.

That does not seem to be the case anymore....I have a BB Fixed Deposit (6m) and when it matures it does indeed roll over and keep the same account number. I have even removed the interest and kept the same passbook many years.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

That does not seem to be the case anymore....I have a BB Fixed Deposit (6m) and when it matures it does indeed roll over and keep the same account number. I have even removed the interest and kept the same passbook many years.

I should have clarified I was using "promotional" Bangkok Bank fixed savings which the bank routinely offered around a half dozen years ago.  

A promotional fixed savings paid higher interest than a regular fixed savings of equal length/maturity.  Example: a promotional 12 month might pay 3.5% while a regular 12 month would pay less like 2.5%.  And you had a limited window of approx 2 months to complete how much you would going to deposit...then you were locked out from further deposits until it matured.  And once mature it automatically rolled over to  90 day fixed savings until you came in picked another fixed savings.  If you choose to roll over to another promotional or regular fixed then the money was rolled over to a new acct...new number...new passbook.

Regular fixed savings like you have typically roll over to equal length fixed savings and no acct number change like you said.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Pib said:

I should have clarified I was using "promotional" Bangkok Bank fixed savings which the bank routinely offered around a half dozen years ago.

Yes, I had one many years ago too... it matured and dropped to a much lower interest and I had to go to  the bank and move the money into another new account.  Not much interest to be had these days. 

Never understood why Immi haven't offered a deposit scheme, wiyh interest at virtually zero I'd be quite happy to loan Thailand 400k permanently to save the cost hassle and issues of seasoning and neighbours being able to see my bank books.

I realize many would not so it need not be compulsary, the country would have the use of the interest and capital in fact it would make sense to offer a discount perhaps a waiver of teh 1900 baht fee for those who went thsi route removing ven more paperwork/grease from the game, of course this would not please the agents.

8 minutes ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Never understood why Immi haven't offered a deposit scheme, wiyh interest at virtually zero I'd be quite happy to loan Thailand 400k permanently to save the cost hassle and issues of seasoning and neighbours being able to see my bank books.

I am not sure I would feel comfortable with that....Thailand don't do refunds. 

Update

I printed out my bank statements and we took it to the IO yesterday, the head man was very understanding as the money was out of the account for less than four minutes and he could see that I deposit 20,000 baht in my wife's account on the 20th of every month to help with household expenses so it was a stupid mistake made by me.

He said it won't be a problem when we apply for the new visa. It's a big worry off my mind and I couldn't be happier with them for their help in this difficult time.