Two tiered pricing - post known places

Susco

As we all know that two tiered pricing is applied in Thailand, however Thai government ruled against it lately, it is still practised.

So let's have a thread that calls out these places, so that we all can vote with our feet.

Let's start with N-Health, which is a test laboratory with branches all over Thailand. N-Health is from the same group as Bangkok hospital, so the discriminating pricing should have been no surprise.

image.png.f7f3f943e54fa6e9ae6c869c2d1e1939.pngimage.png.36d866dd68e630aa5f294a83908adb51.png

Edited by Susco
  • Haha 2

Interesting response from N-Health. That's a real 'gotcha'.

Just as an aside, I've been paying 1,000 baht for PSA tests at an independent clinic in Chiang Mai for the past five years. Their prices are listed in Thai and this isn't a foreigner price. So 850 baht is cheap.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

Just as an aside, I've been paying 1,000 baht for PSA tests at an independent clinic in Chiang Mai for the past five years.

PSA test, 300bht at SanSai government hospital.

I had one last month.

Entry to Huay Tung Tao lake in Chiang Mai,

20bht Thai, 50bht foreigner, Free for everyone over 60 years old.

Edited by BritManToo

10 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

Just as an aside, I've been paying 1,000 baht for PSA tests at an independent clinic in Chiang Mai for the past five years. Their prices are listed in Thai and this isn't a foreigner price. So 850 baht is cheap.

Pattaya Lifecare Laboratory PSA test 700 Baht - Blood glucose test 50 Baht

Take note the pricelist image N-Health posted is also in Thai, so because it's in Thai language doesn't mean Thais don't get a different price

But since this thread is not for the purpose of discussing blood test prices, please keep it clean of irrelevant posts, and post your experiences with places that practise two tiered pricing.

Edited by Susco

3 hours ago, Susco said:

As we all know that two tiered pricing is applied in Thailand, however Thai government ruled against it lately, it is still practised...

The Thai government has not ruled against two-tiered pricing.

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

The Thai government has not ruled against two-tiered pricing.

I thought TAT was part of the Thai government, and my comment was based on my understanding of this thread.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1180937-tat-mulls-‘expat-card’-in-bid-to-end-dual-pricing/

Thaivisa understands that TAT has made ending the practice of dual pricing across the tourism industry in Thailand a top priority and is in discussions with various government departments, state agencies and private sector organisations regarding the matter.

Edited by Susco

5 hours ago, Antonymous said:

irrelevant test these days

7 hours ago, Susco said:

I thought TAT was part of the Thai government, and my comment was based on my understanding of this thread.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1180937-tat-mulls-‘expat-card’-in-bid-to-end-dual-pricing/

Thaivisa understands that TAT has made ending the practice of dual pricing across the tourism industry in Thailand a top priority and is in discussions with various government departments, state agencies and private sector organisations regarding the matter.

Thank you for posting a link to the topic that made you erroneously think that "two tiered pricing is applied in Thailand, however Thai government ruled against it lately"

Please continue the discussion in that topic.