Marriage visa did u get 90 days or 1 year ?

A extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage is for one year.

A non immigrant visa (category 0) application done at immigration would be for 90 days and then you could apply for a one year extension during the last 30 or 45 day of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A non immigrant visa (category 0) application done at immigration would be for 90 days and then you could apply for a one year extension during the last 30 or 45 day of it.

thats really confusing lol , so if i get 90 days to stay in thailand , based on marraige , then after the 90 days i can apply for 1 year extension , but of course pay them again right ? 

any idea how much ? thanks 

6 minutes ago, superatoz said:

thats really confusing lol , so if i get 90 days to stay in thailand , based on marraige , then after the 90 days i can apply for 1 year extension , but of course pay them again right ? 

any idea how much ? thanks 

The 12 month extension is 1900baht.

Prior to applying for your extension read up on the requirements, such as financials etc

Edited by DrJack54

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes, of course you are correct Joe, I assumed the OP was talking about an extension.

My 1 year extension was approved based on a 90 day non-O marriage visa issued by Thai Embassy in London.

50 minutes ago, superatoz said:

You would not need to apply for the non-o visa at immigration unless you entered visa exempt or on a tourist visa. If you entered with a non-o visa could apply for a the one year extension.

The visa is 2000 baht and the extension is 1900 baht.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Yes, of course you are correct Joe, I assumed the OP was talking about an extension.

I wasn't sure so I answered for both possibilities. Another case of incorrectly calling a extension of stay a visa that causes confusion all the time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I wasn't sure so I answered for both possibilities. Another case of incorrectly calling a extension of stay a visa that causes confusion all the time.

i was referring to marriage visa multiple entries for 12 mths , but i guess during this period doesnt make sense to have a multiple entry one ...

i learnt something new today that after 3 mths we can request for 12 mth extension ...

still have really little knowledge on marraige to thai spouse visa 

23 minutes ago, superatoz said:

i was referring to marriage visa multiple entries for 12 mths , but i guess during this period doesnt make sense to have a multiple entry one ..

That can only be applied for a Thai embassy or consulate.

You can apply for a multiple re-entry permit for a fee of 3800 baht after your extension of stay is approved. Or a single re-entry permit for 1000 baht.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That can only be applied for a Thai embassy or consulate.

You can apply for a multiple re-entry permit for a fee of 3800 baht after your extension of stay is approved. Or a single re-entry permit for 1000 baht.

but before the 90 days are up ,  the fee to extend stay in thailand for 12 mths is 1900 bht correct?  do i need to leave the country or pay anything else during this 12 mths?  ty 

43 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

My 1 year extension was approved based on a 90 day non-O marriage visa issued by Thai Embassy in London.

no sir i was talking abt the visa .  pardon me , this is the 2nd time only renewing 

16 minutes ago, superatoz said:

but before the 90 days are up ,  the fee to extend stay in thailand for 12 mths is 1900 bht correct?  do i need to leave the country or pay anything else during this 12 mths?  ty 

You can apply for the 12 month extension any time during the final 30 days (45 at some offices).

1,900 Baht fee . Need to show 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank for 2 months before application OR proof of 40,000 baht monthly income.

Plus a few other things.

No need to leave the country but need to report to Immigration every 90 days.

You can also get a 60 day extension if you wish.

Edited by fishtank

13 minutes ago, superatoz said:

The fee for the extension is 1900 baht.

No need to leave the country and no additional fees unless you apply for a re-entry permit.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The fee for the extension is 1900 baht.

No need to leave the country and no additional fees unless you apply for a re-entry permit.

do i still need show 400k baht ?  cos in my application here they are already asking for the 400k in my local bank \

3 minutes ago, superatoz said:

do i still need show 400k baht ?  cos in my application here they are already asking for the 400k in my local bank \

The 400k needs to be in bank for 2 months prior to your application. You will be given an under consideration stamp when to return. You need to keep the 400k in the bank during this period. After that you can use it as you wish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fishtank said:

400,000 Baht in the bank for 2 months before you apply.

i mean the thai embassy in my country is already asking for the 2 mths bank statement , if i give them this in my country  , do i still need to give them 2 mths in thaialnd ? 

im do not want to transfer so much money over 

15 minutes ago, fishtank said:

You can apply for the 12 month extension any time during the final 30 days (45 at some offices).

1,900 Baht fee . Need to show 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank for 2 months before application OR proof of 40,000 baht monthly income.

Plus a few other things.

No need to leave the country but need to report to Immigration every 90 days.

You can also get a 60 day extension if you wish.

so the 400k in thai bank for 2 mths is NON nego right ?

• Haha 1

2.18 In the case of a family 

member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child 

of his/her spouse): 

Permission will be 

granted for a period of 

not more than 1 year at a time. 

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year. 

58 minutes ago, superatoz said:

i was referring to marriage visa multiple entries for 12 mths , but i guess during this period doesnt make sense to have a multiple entry one ...

i learnt something new today that after 3 mths we can request for 12 mth extension ...

still have really little knowledge on marraige to thai spouse visa 

I suggest you do some research

there is a marriage single entry non immigrant visa, 90 day entry, or a multi entry marriage non immigrant visa which gives a 90 day entry on each entry into Thailand, both normally applied for outside of Thailand

then there is a one year extension of stay which requires a non immigrant visa to apply 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, superatoz said:

2 month prior to application and also the subsequent under consideration period. Could be ~2-3 weeks.

Of course it's non negotiable.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, superatoz said:

i mean the thai embassy in my country is already asking for the 2 mths bank statement , if i give them this in my country  , do i still need to give them 2 mths in thaialnd ? 

im do not want to transfer so much money over 

Where do you come from? The requirement for a 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa based on marriage isn't ฿400,000 in a bank account. (It used to be £5,000 or the equivalent in a bank account for 3 months.) 400k is what you need when you apply for the 1 year extension at the local immigration office in Thailand. You have been a member since January 2019, how is it possible you have missed these requirements? There's been endless posts about it here at TVF. 

25 minutes ago, superatoz said:

You got that right and CW is asking for 400000 baht to be kept in the bank and show original evidence at the end of the 30 day under consideration period. So the total period is 90 days.

Edited by userabcd

23 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Only other option is proof of 40,000 Baht monthly income.

What is your Nationality.?

i am carrying a singapore passport 

if i show it here already and they know i have the 400k ( in thb) , will have to show it again in thailand ? sigh . bummer