Marriage visa did u get 90 days or 1 year ?

9 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Where do you come from? The requirement for a 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa based on marriage isn't ฿400,000 in a bank account. (It used to be £5,000 or the equivalent in a bank account for 3 months.) 400k is what you need when you apply for the 1 year extension at the local immigration office in Thailand. You have been a member since January 2019, how is it possible you have missed these requirements? There's been endless posts about it here at TVF. 

singapore , i rarely come here until recent due to the covid cra.p $hit requirements from thai govt

Edited by superatoz

21 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

There are no 1 year Non-immigrant O visas based on marriage, only 90 days. I guess you're thinking about a 1 year extension. 

Yes, there is. The non-o multiple entry visa based on marriage to a Thai gives you 90 day entries for 1 year from the date of issue.

Just now, Myran said:

Yes, there is. The non-o multiple entry visa based on marriage to a Thai gives you 90 day entries for 1 year from the date of issue.

seems that they removed it , cos no use due to harsh restrictions and needing <deleted> tonne of paperwork to get into the LOS 

2 minutes ago, superatoz said:

seems that they removed it , cos no use due to harsh restrictions and needing <deleted> tonne of paperwork to get into the LOS 

They haven't removed anything, some embassies have just stopped issuing it. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

4 minutes ago, Myran said:

They haven't removed anything, some embassies have just stopped issuing it. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

yes so they stopped issuing it . cos probably doesnt make sense to issue as almost all countries are closed and needing 14 day quarantine ...

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Money needs to be in a Thai Bank when applying for extensions in Thailand.

Fishtanks is correct

Also may I highly recommend you check local requirements.

Regardless of what the law states many offices will make obstacles to induce payment for getting round these.

For example my office asks for 3 months seasoning

Also My Bangkok Bank account in London is not considered a Thai Bank nor my funds in Citibank in Sydney but Citibank here and Bangkok Bank locally are acepted but not dollar accounts . I am well aware that some offices accept 2 months and Forex accounts if value exceeds the baht amount, just so you are not caught out at last moment and forced into hands of agents, ask teh office where you will apply is my contribution.

A very wealthy well connected foreigner here has US $ amounts accepted but he is a heavy tipper !

15 minutes ago, superatoz said:

yes so they stopped issuing it . cos probably doesnt make sense to issue as almost all countries are closed and needing 14 day quarantine ...

I have no idea why you are quoting me. My post was in response to someone saying there is no 1 year non-o visa, which is false. Some embassies not issuing it at this moment does not change that. Stop responding to me if what you're going to write doesn't have anything to do with what I'm writing.

I came to Thailand just last Saturday with new Non O based on marriage MULTI ENTRY. I am now in quarantine and if in next 3-6 months quarantine gets shorter/cheaper, then I will fly out. I have 1 year covid insurance and new visa. It is now possible to fly with semicommercial (read cheap) flights. Only issue for traveling is the quarantine. New COE does not cost anything from the embassy and I can get the tests and certificates from the municipal healthcare. Cost 20 euros in Finland. It is not that difficult anymore after you have done it once.

22 hours ago, Topah said:

I came to Thailand just last Saturday with new Non O based on marriage MULTI ENTRY. I am now in quarantine and if in next 3-6 months quarantine gets shorter/cheaper, then I will fly out. I have 1 year covid insurance and new visa. It is now possible to fly with semicommercial (read cheap) flights. Only issue for traveling is the quarantine. New COE does not cost anything from the embassy and I can get the tests and certificates from the municipal healthcare. Cost 20 euros in Finland. It is not that difficult anymore after you have done it once.

Check your "Permission to stay until" date they stamped in your passport the day you got here. I'll bet you dollars to donuts it isn't past 3-4 jan. 2021. What some folk here are saying is, just because you have it doesn't mean you can use it so unless you're ready to leave thailand right after New Year's you should start exploring your options.

The company I normally work for is now applying for a Work Permit for me but the IO is still requesting a letter from embassy and to show Thai bank account amount so as to extend my Visit wife visa and I have been informed that this is required or can not work.

Note I had a previous 3 month WP this year from April to June  and I came into Thailand on a visit visa at the end of February 2020. 

My question is, is it correct for IO to request for embassy letter and show Thai bank account current savings amount ?    

On 10/22/2020 at 7:17 AM, mrwebb8825 said:

Check your "Permission to stay until" date they stamped in your passport the day you got here. I'll bet you dollars to donuts it isn't past 3-4 jan. 2021. What some folk here are saying is, just because you have it doesn't mean you can use it so unless you're ready to leave thailand right after New Year's you should start exploring your options.

Why it should be less than 3 months from arrival? It is 14th January because I arrived 17th. See the attachment.

20201022_075926 (Small).jpg

On 10/22/2020 at 8:03 AM, Topah said:

Why it should be less than 3 months from arrival? It is 14th January because I arrived 17th. See the attachment.

20201022_075926 (Small).jpg

I based the date guess on what you posted "just got here last week...". Even so, that is it for this visa unless the borders open by then and allow you to go out and return.