Certificate of residence.

46 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

Jomtien has always charged 300 baht for a Certificate of Residence - their application form if I recall correctly, has you check whether for car or motorcycle license - if you say you want to get both, they say you have to have one Certificate for each license - thus 4 photos (2 required per Certificate) and 600 baht.   However, as mentioned, the Banglamung Land Transport Office where you get the license will accept one original and once photocopy of the Certificate if getting both licenses.

It's increased by 33.3% then since my last 5 year license when it cost me 200 thb. Not surprised that the immig svc are suffering galloping inflation.

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

It's increased by 33.3% then since my last 5 year license when it cost me 200 thb. Not surprised that the immig svc are suffering galloping inflation.

Several immigration offices charges you if you want the Resident Certificate straight away, and for free if you're ok with a waiting period of maybe 2 weeks. Jomtien always issue the RC straight away, it takes maybe 30min to 1 hour. I also paid 300 baht the last time I needed a certificate. It took 25 min = 1 cup of coffee outside.

3 hours ago, soisanuk said:

Jomtien has always charged 300 baht for a Certificate of Residence - their application form if I recall correctly, has you check whether for car or motorcycle license - if you say you want to get both, they say you have to have one Certificate for each license - thus 4 photos (2 required per Certificate) and 600 baht.   However, as mentioned, the Banglamung Land Transport Office where you get the license will accept one original and once photocopy of the Certificate if getting both licenses.

For years they would issue 2 for 500 baht but I've noticed over recent years that they want the full 300 baht for each (total 600 baht) 

Last time I got one in Chiang Mai no charge but given a date one month later to come and collect. No offer of fast service. I heard agent across the road charges 1000 to get it fast.

A few years back at CM when they announced free CORs i applied for one and was told 500. I mentioned i thought for free now and IO said money for typist. Lol.

• Haha 1

So many variations between Immigration Offices, seems this complaint comes up every month so I’ll add my usual compliment for Krabi. Takes about five minutes, costs nothing and as a bonus a smile and a wai  from the young Lady, couldn’t be easier.????????????

I have a question about CoR.

I was at IO 2 days ago to make my ED visa extension and after that went to officer to ask what documents do I need for CoR. Officer (non Thai) told me that I must have registered address and to my question how to make it, he told me I should have one already if I`m living in Thailand. About all the copies everything is clear, but about registered address I`m a bit confused. Could some one can tell me what exact papers should I need to get that CoR? I will go back to IO next monday, but don`t want to waste another day if all the paperwork is not in order.

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

it should be 300 baht each, you only need 1, the Transport office accepts 1 original and 1 copy for motorbike and car licences. 

I've not heard of them trying for 700 before. Don't ask them they won't agree with what I've written

Ask them? lol....   do you ask the theif  how much cash he would like today?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, aluc said:

About all the copies everything is clear, but about registered address I`m a bit confused.

It depends upon the office where you were at but they probably mean a TM30 report was done when you arrived at current residence. They would want proof it was done.

59 minutes ago, PJPom said:

So many variations between Immigration Offices, seems this complaint comes up every month so I’ll add my usual compliment for Krabi. Takes about five minutes, costs nothing and as a bonus a smile and a wai  from the young Lady, couldn’t be easier.????????????

If you tell them then the light will come on....

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

it should be 300 baht each, you only need 1, the Transport office accepts 1 original and 1 copy for motorbike and car licences. 

I've not heard of them trying for 700 before. Don't ask them they won't agree with what I've written

should be?  should be nothing!

29 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

I got two yesterday one for a car and another for a motorcycle license. I was charged 600 baht so 300 for each and they were ready in an hour. 

Does anyone know what the fee is for the actual license application process at the Land Transport Office?

you splash cash about so why care...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon the office where you were at but they probably mean a TM30 report was done when you arrived at current residence. They would want proof it was done.

Which is another silly thing... its in their supercomputer system , yet they want you to show THEM a printout from online....   whats with that?  to hard to key in a passport number?

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Phuket IO.

I haven`t done TM30 report, could I face any penalty living without that report more than a year in my current residence?

45 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

I got two yesterday one for a car and another for a motorcycle license. I was charged 600 baht so 300 for each and they were ready in an hour. 

Does anyone know what the fee is for the actual license application process at the Land Transport Office?

Did it just last month here in Bangkok at the Chatuchak DLT office. Paid 310 baht for both a car (205 thb) and motorcycle (105 thb) license, and waited 5 minutes for the machine to spit out the licenses.  Should be the same at all DLT offices.  Good luck on getting an appointment, I would just chance it and try and walk in, but if you do make sure you have all of the required paperwork.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 1:47 PM, readingbob said:

Morning All

Jomtiem Immigration , just advised me they want Bt700 to issue a certificate of residency....which is required for driving licence renewal....

Anyone had a similar experience 

never.... 300Bt Max, sometimes free

• Haha 1

On 10/20/2020 at 1:47 PM, readingbob said:

Morning All

Jomtiem Immigration , just advised me they want Bt700 to issue a certificate of residency....which is required for driving licence renewal....

Anyone had a similar experience 

far too much....they are taking the **ss....cost me 360 baht....many months ago