Criminal Court hands a very lenient sentence to pistol-wielding civil servant

Criminal Court hands a very lenient sentence to pistol-wielding civil servant

By THE NATION

800_f6bd41f030cdc30.jpg?v=1603180505

Piset Nakapan, assistant to the National Anti-Corruption Commission’s secretary-general, was on Tuesday given a jail sentence and a Bt31,000 fine for threatening a Bangkok cabbie in 2018.

On October 10, 2018, the 54-year-old jumped out of his black Honda to point a pistol at a taxi behind him, yelling: “Why are you following me? Use other routes!” 

The incident in the Government Complex in Bangkok’s Lak Si was recorded by the cab’s dashboard camera and later became viral on the internet. 

Piset faced charges of carrying a firearm in public without good reason, threatening others and violating the criminal code.

Full story: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30396489

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-20

• Sad 2

I can't for the life of me understand why civil servants here all need guns. They have brochures for guns handed around the office and get discounts. My wifes sister husband is a civil servant and also drives a taxi on the weekends. He is always trying to sell me guns. 

10 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

I can't for the life of me understand why civil servants here all need guns. They have brochures for guns handed around the office and get discounts. My wifes sister husband is a civil servant and also drives a taxi on the weekends. He is always trying to sell me guns. 

Just an extension of their manhood

• Like 2