Beheaded teacher Paty will get France's highest honour - minister

snoop1130

The original post is still referring to a "suspected Islamicist".  While I understand that impartiality has to be at the forefront of news gathering and you should not make claims without proof... I'd have have thought that cutting a guys head off while ranting about the victim insulting Islam would be pretty solid evidence?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

funny that the stabbing of two Muslim women didn't make the news here, probably because it was white women stabbing "dirty Arabs" (their exclamation at the time of incident) - not surprising though..

the quarrel about a dog? 

I have news for you: another Newspaper (La Nouvelle République) has been threatened for publishing the cartoons - not surprising though...

Edited by Opl

10 minutes ago, nausea said:

You shouldn't need to be Légion d'honneur material for teaching critical thinking. 

to be relevant you need to complete your statement with elements of context that led to the fatwa in a non muslim country where Education and Democracy should'nd result in giving jam to pigs (french proverb) 

Edited by Opl

16 hours ago, Narratio said:

The original post is still referring to a "suspected Islamicist".  While I understand that impartiality has to be at the forefront of news gathering and you should not make claims without proof... I'd have have thought that cutting a guys head off while ranting about the victim insulting Islam would be pretty solid evidence?

Macron is talking the talk at the moment- let's see if he can walk the walk.

If this is the final straw that initiated some real initiative to rid France of the scourge of religious terrorism, the poor victim will not have died for nothing, IMO.

France is screwed for colonial reasons, my sister and her friend went there many years ago, and were harrassed by N. Africans for a lot of the time. Culture clash, as they say. Two young naive Western girls and they were salivating.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 9:13 PM, nausea said:

They're trying to send a message. But, like, if you have to deserve a

Légion d'honneur to criticise Islam, what message is that sending.

Absolutely right. I'd hope to hear same remark in the media.

15 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

Things all should know.

As a tribute to the beheaded professor Samuel Paty, the Charlie Hebdo cartoons were projected on official buildings in Toulouse and Montpellier

image.png.6b945bd7ae74861d498fd0f70b7960de.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

hey, they can print it all they want for all I care but they better spend a lot more tax dollars on security then..

In France we don't submit to obscurantism;

Islamophobia is the new blasphemy law. 

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

in Canada we call it BS'ing the people and all governments do it..

I've not been chear enough, "ensauvegement" isn't about downplaying troubles, it's how we sum up in a world how these low lives impact and disrupt our western societies/democracies : going wild / violent, like

like in underdeveloped overpopulated poor countries 

30 minutes ago, Opl said:

I've not been chear enough, "ensauvegement" isn't about downplaying troubles, it's how we sum up in a world how these low lives impact and disrupt our western societies/democracies : going wild / violent, like

like in underdeveloped overpopulated poor countries 

perhaps less colonization of some of the underdeveloped overpopulated countries would have led to less present day problems..

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

perhaps less colonization of some of the underdeveloped overpopulated countries would have led to less present day problems..

70 years ago... 

anyway it's nothing new, it will last some time, but the causes have been named.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

but unfortunately no solutions, you will live with these security issues forever.. 

! La Reconquista

French people know where and who their enemies are, how they proceed, this is part of Samuel PATY's legacy : " "I would like my death and my life to be useful" 

Attentat de Conflans : Samuel Paty a été tué "parce qu'il incarnait la  République" déclare Emmanuel Macron

Edited by Opl