good electrician Pattaya ?

p414

If I knew of a competent and trustworthy electrician, I would either adopt him, marry him, or --more realistically-- create a company for him and provide the initial funds for him to train new assistants. A vocational program dedicated to residential electrical installation and repair, with an extreme emphasis on safety for the worker and the dweller. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

A vocational program dedicated to residential electrical installation and repair, with an extreme emphasis on safety for the worker and the dweller. 

The electrician I used had undergone just that, including day release at a local college. He was worse than useless and has left my wiring in a very dangerous state.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, polpott said:

The electrician I used had undergone just that, including day release at a local college. He was worse than useless and has left my wiring in a very dangerous state.

15 years ago my neighbour was a 'qualified' electrician...At his house barbeques he would have an extension lead with all his appliances coming off ...The lead appeared to be 1mm with 4 plugs....

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2020 at 4:53 AM, Crossy said:

This might work better in the Pattaya forum, let me know if you want it moving there.

Ok ...Can try that...

Thanks Crossy....and thanks to all for your [expected] response

On 10/20/2020 at 7:08 PM, p414 said:

Does anybody know of an electrician who can test my house  wiring?

You could try this guy.

He installed a Safe T Cut for me a few years ago and seemed to know what he was doing. I think he was moonlighting from Numchai at the time but I could be wrong.

0895451764 - Bird

He speaks and understands some English.  

On 10/21/2020 at 10:17 AM, mahjongguy said:

If I knew of a competent and trustworthy electrician, I would either adopt him, marry him, or --more realistically-- create a company for him and provide the initial funds for him to train new assistants. A vocational program dedicated to residential electrical installation and repair, with an extreme emphasis on safety for the worker and the dweller. 

Nah never work with somchai

Edited by quake

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

People tend to keep their Thai tradesmen a secret. You could try Facebook marketplace which will be more fruitful but you'll get farang contacting you also offering help at "not the cheapest" 555

Thanks for the info Scuba.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know a first class electrician in Pattaya/Nongprue?

Someone who can run a western style earth in a house..

My nephew in England is an electrician so I can send photos of what is being done to verify good work.

Hoping there is someone out there [ or here] who can recommend a good man

On 10/21/2020 at 4:27 AM, polpott said:

I have heard similar stories...

1 hour ago, topt said:

You asked this question 3 years ago - here's the link. Did you try either of the names mentioned? 

1 hour ago, topt said:

You asked this question 3 years ago - here's the link. Did you try either of the names mentioned? 

1 hour ago, topt said:

used one guy..not too god

As I've mentioned previously. Go to your local PEA office. Ask if any of their staff do after hours work. I did this when doing a major reno. A guy in their planning dept was an electrician. Did a whole rewire of our reno. Great work & not too expensive.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1