ASQ's in Bangkok

Hi All,

i am in process of applying for Non-O Visa before i apply for COE.

i have been looking at ASQ's in Bangkok,

it is a 14 day quarantine, so why is it deals on websites is for 15 nights/16 days.

then some of packages you see after 7 days allowed to use fitness facilities etc, defeats purpose of quarantine.

If you were to land in Bangkok on a Monday, your official day 1 of quarantine would start on the Tuesday. 

As for being able to use facilities, I believe this is possible for some ASQ hotels after your second negative test - I stayed in SQ and wasn't allowed to leave my room at all for the whole duration other than to be COVID tested.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cryan said:

then some of packages you see after 7 days allowed to use fitness facilities etc, defeats purpose of quarantine.

I believe they will exercise some precautions and not allow all those who have reached 7 days to crowd into the showers at the same time.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, pazienza said:

If you were to land in Bangkok on a Monday, your official day 1 of quarantine would start on the Tuesday. 

As for being able to use facilities, I believe this is possible for some ASQ hotels after your second negative test - I stayed in SQ and wasn't allowed to leave my room at all for the whole duration other than to be COVID tested.

The schedule the hotel gave us when we checked in stated that we would be able to go outside after the first negative covid test.  When we asked about this after testing negative we were told that we could only leave our room after the second test.  In the end we only went out once since by the time we got results from the second test there were only a couple of days left. 

I will say that I'll always remember the first meal outside the ASQ hotel as one of the best tasting in my life lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the time is a bit tricky, but what you have is three parts...

part 1: the time from which you actually arrive at the ASQ to the next midnight (23:59). that’s commonly called “day zero” 

part 2: 14 *consecutive* 24 hour periods starting from 00:01 (after day zero) until 23:59 at the end of the 14th period... these days are the “14” that most people talk about 

part 3: the time from 00:01 (after the end of the 14th 24hr period) to whatever time the ASQ will permit you to physically leave.  commonly you can’t leave at literally 00:01, but it’s usually somewhere around 06:00 or so in the morning ... these hours would be called “day 15”

so.. you have part 1 (day zero), part 2 (the 14 consecutive days which form the bulk of your stay), and part 3 (from midnight to whenever you can actually leave)...  add it all up and you’ll get either 15 or 16 “days” and that’s why you’ll see the number 15 and 16 as opposed to 14. 

• Thanks 1

All the hotels have different policies on when you can use the gym or outside recreation area. You will need to check with the individual hotel, but it is normally after a 1st negative Covid test. I can confirm that it is 16 days 15 nights. Your arrival day anytime before midnight is day 0 and your leaving day after 5 or 6 am is day 16.

After first Covid 19 test - Allowed to use a specific gym (yellow) - specific rest area

After second Covid 19 test - Allowed to use another designated gym (green) - specific rest area

I received the yellow card pass allowing me to use the "yellow" gym and the rest area.

Can order 7/11 stuff after first covid 19 test.  A La Carte food available right from the start.

Agreed with the 16 days/15 nights