Need information about amnesty and extension

Hi I went last month and got stamped for a 30 Day extension until the 22nd of oct before the amnesty extension was announced, do I need To:

go get another stamp before or on the 22, or before the 31st, which is what I believe the amnesty was extended to? 

-  an extension that will roll over until November 31st and if so is it free? I thought I read something about Immigration honoring extensions to rollover for the next month 

What action should I take?  Do nothing, get a stamp on or before the 22nd, or the 31st? Tourist visa btw entered in late March. Working on the volunteer or education visa atm should I even consider this and are indefinite 30 day extensions a thing until the borders open or they declare amnesty has ended finally permanently?

thank you.

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Go to immigration and have your stamp to the 22nd changed to November 30th. You should do it as soon as possible.

Then in November you will be able to a apply for a 60 day extension.

Where? This is not the case in Jomtien, nor MTT from some reports (1 of which you responded to today in the MTT thread). They are giving the under consideration stamp instead AND charging people who paid 1900 in September.

I actually got my unused VOA extended in September to the 26th in CM and really have no idea what to expect when I show up at MTT this week...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WuhanVagabond said:

Where? This is not the case in Jomtien, nor MTT from some reports (1 of which you responded to today in the MTT thread). They are giving the under consideration stamp instead AND charging people who paid 1900 in September.

I actually got my unused VOA extended in September to the 26th in CM and really have no idea what to expect when I show up at MTT this week...

I believe the folks who used an embassy letter and paid 1900 before Sept 26th are getting the Nov 30 stamps at the vast majority of immigration offices. For others (e.g. used regular 30 day extension), it seems to be hit or miss. Jomtien also appears to be rationing out days and requiring several visits even if you used an embassy letter, which is ridiculous.

Edited by Benitostacos

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Go to immigration and have your stamp to the 22nd changed to November 30th. You should do it as soon as possible.

i have near same question, 

if i already on extension to 25NOV (and i pay 1900), any way need to go IMM to change it on to 30NOV and after take +2M extension in NOV and pay again 1900, correct ? 

11 minutes ago, Sergey Black said:

if i already on extension to 25NOV (and i pay 1900), any way need to go IMM to change it on to 30NOV and after take +2M extension in NOV and pay again 1900, correct ? 

If you apply for the 60 day extension on or before the 25th of November they should start the 60 days from the the 30th.

• Thanks 1

@HandsomeTallFarang 

I am in the same boat as yourself, I paid to extend tourist visa to the 26th October last month also. 

I went into ubon immigration today to ask basically the same questions. 

The officer told me that I'm good to the end of this month. When I asked about getting a new stamp for free until the end of November as I already paid to extend, she said can not do for tourist visa, only for people that had letter from embassy.

I don't see what the difference is personally, I paid for extension that I didn't need to use. But hey, thats life I suppose, can't win them all. 

Two options for staying after 31st October she said. 

1. Get letter from embassy and get a 30 day extension 1,900 baht.

2. Get the 2 month extension without embassy letter. 1,900 baht x2 so 3,800 baht, double bubble. 

I asked her to confirm the double bubble price again as I thought i must have heard her wrong but she said that's the price pay double. 

Might be different in other offices regarding the free extension if paid last month tho, they seem to make up their own rules in different offices I've noticed. 

Anyway, its better to pay the piper and stay here for another couple months than go back to the UK at the moment, so I'll be going back to immigration before the 31st.

Hope information helps.

• Like 1

Just got off the phone with CW immigration direct.

We were told that with the following combination we would be granted an extension until December 31st.

• Embassy Letter
  • Application submitted before October 31st
  • 1900 Baht

* I am on pure Amnesty time as I have already used the standard 60 Day extension.

Edited by fondue zoo

4 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

We were told that with the following combination we would be granted an extension until December 31st.

• Embassy Letter
  • 1900 Baht

Are you on a tourist visa, did you extend tourist visa last month or get letter from embassy? If you don't mind me asking. 

As I said in post above, different offices seem to have different rules. 

I'll be waiting till nearer the end of the month to gather more information before I go back in. 

When the officer told me today that it would be 3,800 baht for 2 month extension I thought she must be wrong. 

Thanks  

4 minutes ago, n00dle said:

3800 baht is cheap as chips if it buys me time to get a different visa sorted in country.  i also wouldn't want to have to catch a flight anywhere during covid christmas

Yeah, I'm not complaining.

I don't have a problem paying it if I have to, Just thought that the 60 day extension would be same as the month extension as same paperwork. 

Would rather pay it than fly home at the moment. 

4 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

• Embassy Letter
  • 1900 Baht

* I am on pure Amnesty time as I have already used the standard 60 Day extension.

Only problem is that embassy's are not issuing letters any more.

14 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

That shouldn't be a problem as there's a box to tick saying unable to obtain embassy letter. This has been discussed in other threads.

Really? That's great, at least now I know which box to tick. Thanks for your input.

• Sad 1

On 10/21/2020 at 7:20 AM, ubonjoe said:

Hey ubonjoe,

Thanks for your informative/helpful posts. I am in this situation currently, extended till the 30th of November. Are you by any chance aware of what the procedure will be like getting the 60-day extensions? Is there/will there be an online appointment booking system again? From what I understand, such a possibility would allow one stay till the end of January?

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Kerouacaurus said:

Thanks for your informative/helpful posts. I am in this situation currently, extended till the 30th of November. Are you by any chance aware of what the procedure will be like getting the 60-day extensions? Is there/will there be an online appointment booking system again? From what I understand, such a possibility would allow one stay till the end of January?

I have seen nothing official from immigration about the 60 day extensions. All I know about them is what members have posted.

I can recall a post stating that they were told that two 60 day extensions would be issued.

The only office that has a mandatory appointment requirement is Muang Thong Thani. Not sure how long that will be in effect.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I have seen nothing official from immigration about the 60 day extensions. All I know about them is what members have posted.

I can recall a post stating that they were told that two 60 day extensions would be issued.

The only office that has a mandatory appointment requirement is Muang Thong Thani. Not sure how long that will be in effect.

I heard that there's a limit of two as well. Do you think there will be more updates regarding the 60-day extensions somewhere in November? I'm just confused on whether I just have to go there with/without an embassy letter and ask to get extended. I saw some posts by people who got extended till December 31st, though not sure how it will work in November.