Bite Back Dog Attacks!

23 hours ago, katana said:

Can you post a video of you using the spray against marauding dogs to show its effectiveness?

Providing  live  combat footage is not easy.

I currently don't have any body cameras.

And their attacks often take place while riding a bicycle.

I cannot my camera ready  while the bike is in motion.

One hand on the steering.  The other on my spray.

But I might be able to show you the aftermath footage  of its impact on the dogs; they start to look scared when they see me.

Some start to run away even when I don't shoot them.

No aggression, no shoot.  My rule of engagement.

If you feel any suspicious  about its effect, I suggest you a simple experiment.

Make a cocktail of vinegar and boiled up pepper, chili mixed water.

Then load it your spray.

Shoot it in a cup or bucket.  Get your nose close to it second later.

You would probably cough from it.

Dogs' sense of smell is 50000 times sharper.

This is how it works.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/23/2020 at 12:04 PM, SePl said:

Correct !

It is quite correct that you are the perfect example of a  joke for  human beings.

Possessed with Normalcy Bias to its extremity; can't recognize anything outside your "Usual".

Not until you fall a victim yourself.

If you got average intelligence and basic internet skills, you can easily find out one simple fact.

Dog attack  is quite a global issue.  In Thailand, other South East Asian nations,  India, US, UK, Europe, and Russia.

Edited by black tabby
spell correction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2020 at 4:07 PM, Speedo1968 said:

Sprays may work e.g. pepper but it is of no use if the wind is blowing the wrong way, i.e. towards you.

How about a dog whistle, the ones used when rounding up livestock ?

Even when it blows,  deterrent spray  still works  in  short range of 2-3m instead of 6-7m.

I have taken dog whistle into consideration.

But it costs more than this  homemade weapon. So I dropped that idea.

And the significance of this PVC(pepper, vinegar, chili) spray is its long-lasting effect.

Dogs usually have good memory & are keen learners.

Once shot with this, they usually start to avoid me ever since,  recognizing I am not  a soft target.

And that's what I expect.  Once they start to behave better, I wouldn't shoot them again.

No aggressions,  no  counterstrikes  needed.

Edited by black tabby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2020 at 2:56 AM, Poet said:

That's good. Who knows how many lives you might have saved.

God knows they've tried, but I am genetically blessed with extremely resistant genital skin.

Don't worry. My Plan B involves a career as a cabaret performer.

Where you go?

Thank you for telling me your unique post-disaster scenario.

You mean you would like to be a ladyboy dancer  if you happen to have  your privates removed  by loose beasts?

Little had I expected you are that determined.

No wonder dog attack is hardly your concern. 

Before you contact any of your  prospective employers,  be sure to check out something.  Thai labor laws.

Entertainment venue like that is pretty touristy. 

Therefore it might be deemed  part of the tourism industries where foreigners aren't allowed to work for.

Edited by black tabby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tifino said:

imagine using in a Sonkran watercannon!!

- probably get arrested though for holding a weapon... as in the natural Mace within...

Which kind of water pistol are you talking about?

I have been openly carrying this for the past 3 years.

And I have never been stopped or questioned by any cops passed by.

Edited by black tabby
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, black tabby said:

It is quite correct that you are the perfect example of a  joke for  human beings.

Possessed with Normalcy Bias to its extremity; can't recognize anything outside your "Usual".

Not until you fall a victim yourself.

If you got average intelligence and basic internet skills, you can easily find out one simple fact.

Dog attack  is quite a global issue.  In Thailand, other South East Asian nations,  India, US, UK, Europe, and Russia.

A global issue for very weak people with dried ones, who should go back to where they belong, so they can complain.

I wish happy life to all stray dogs and encourage them to fuxx more to multiply as quickly as possible ! When there will be more dogs than grumpy old men in Thailand, life will be a lot better !

• Like 1

Why not be different and just show some empathy - feed them a few times. They are starving and have been abused their whole lives and have no choice but to live in the street (probably/often). They chase and attack when you show fear and run. Stand your ground and pretend to stoop and throw something, or get to know them by giving them some food on a regular basis. No need to go all republican on them...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2020 at 3:02 AM, Poet said:

Sweet Jesus.

If you are a grown adult, all you need is a stick, or a few stones, or the ability to pretend you have a stone. As soon as you raise your arm they will back off.

Walking around with a spray-bottle in a holster is going to decimate your sex life. Women do not find autism attractive.

Not so... 

I was nearly chewed up by a pack of vicious dogs. 

Walking down a quiet soi, a soi I had walked down before. The soi has ‘soi dogs’ and they are sometimes aggressive and bark, bending down to pick up a stone works when there is one or two of them. 

On this day there was about 7 of them. Picking up stones didn’t work. Throwing stones at the dogs didn’t work. Charging at the dogs didn't work. In a pack they were very confident, getting more and more aggressive. 

I challenge any ‘alpha male’ who believes he can go ‘alpha’ and make a pack of aggressive dogs back down on his own.

Fortunately a passer by saw what was happening, stopped and I got on his bike before the dogs attacked. I suspect I was mere minutes away from being the victim of an attack. 

------

Additionally, the idea that we should be carrying some sort of ‘dog weapon’ to protect ourselves from aggressive street dogs is preposterous and highlights a massive failing of those in positions of decision making power. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SePl said:

let's do it and see who is alpha here ?

I have walked thousands kms in dark street soi full of stray dogs and have never been threatened ! jusy lucky of maybe balls and brain can help ?

Don't you feel ridiculous ? you should...

Yawn... Try harder, troll better... You lack creativity and intellect, your comments only serve to out yourself as an outrageous halfwitted trolling tool....   

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yawn... Try harder, troll better... You lack creativity and intellect, your comments only serve to out yourself as an outrageous halfwitted trolling tool....   

Your comments help us to understand what kind of "alpha male" fears dogs...

keep doing ! you will be a real hero for your son and wife !

2 minutes ago, e1771 said:

They are starving and have been abused their whole lives and have no choice but to live in the street (probably/often). They chase and attack when you show fear and run. Stand your ground and pretend to stoop and throw something, or get to know them by giving them some food on a regular basis. No need to go all republican on them...

If you say that they are generally  starving, I reply NOT REALLY.  

In Thailand, those feral dogs are often well fed by the people around.

There is even  an organized group feeds  them on regular basis.

You will probably notice if you see those dogs  carefully;  they often look plump instead of skinny.

Even when they  have no food shortage,  some of them  still turn aggressive to the some people.

And I happen to be one of those  potential victims  they often target without  any provocation.

I have met their aggressions on countless occasions until  3 years ago.

It is almost a miracle that I haven't got any bites  by attacking dogs.

That is why I  have decided to arm myself  with non-lethal & non-toxic weapon to avoid the worst.

My only aim is to stun them away when they show hostility toward me  nearby. 

I am also keen to help strangers out if  they are under dog attack.

That's all.  I don't  kill or hurt them.

I am far from being an  animal hater.  Instead, I often feed cats in the street.  Also occasionally dogs  if they look peaceful  and  friendly.

Self-defense is the very first law of the nature.  

And  I simply practice it  to stay safe, with certain rule of engagement.

No aggressions,  no counterstrikes.

When you face bad-tempered dogs  while you are alone in the street,  how do you feel?

Don't you have  any fear and upset emotion in such a time?

Politics certainly doesn't matter.  

When dog attacks happen, they don't ask you whether you are R or D.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Additionally, the idea that we should be carrying some sort of ‘dog weapon’ to protect ourselves from aggressive street dogs is preposterous and highlights a massive failing of those in positions of decision making power. 

Only weapon I ever use. Aim for the teeth. Works for me.

Rugby World Cup: Jonny Wilkinson's fairytale finish still captivates - 12  years on

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, black tabby said:

When you face bad-tempered dogs  while you are alone in the street,  how do you feel?

I feel happy to find friends with a brain !

11 minutes ago, black tabby said:

Don't you have  any fear and upset emotion in such a time?

Never happened, fear what ? I still do not understand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chiangmaixpat said:

Is there any need for you to be in Thailand?  I still give more reasons to cats.

and lizards. and frogs. and cockroaches. and the fungus that lives on the yellow bellies of slugs and snails...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1