23 hours ago, katana said:

Can you post a video of you using the spray against marauding dogs to show its effectiveness?

Providing  live  combat footage is not easy.

I currently don't have any body cameras.

And their attacks often take place while riding a bicycle.

I cannot my camera ready  while the bike is in motion.

One hand on the steering.  The other on my spray.

But I might be able to show you the aftermath footage  of its impact on the dogs; they start to look scared when they see me.

Some start to run away even when I don't shoot them.

No aggression, no shoot.  My rule of engagement.

If you feel any suspicious  about its effect, I suggest you a simple experiment.

Make a cocktail of vinegar and boiled up pepper, chili mixed water.

Then load it your spray.

Shoot it in a cup or bucket.  Get your nose close to it second later.

You would probably cough from it.

Dogs' sense of smell is 50000 times sharper.

This is how it works.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sweet Jesus. If you are a grown adult, all you need is a stick, or a few stones, or the ability to pretend you have a stone. As soon as you raise your arm they will back off. Walking around with

Dear fellow expats all over Thailand,   Writing  from Chiang Mai again. I have previously posted  "Defense against mean dogs" on July 16 this year.   Dog attack  has been an l

SOI

Posted Images

On 10/21/2020 at 12:09 PM, samtab said:

This is the only truth. Guys scared by dogs are a joke for human beings...

Correct !

• Like 1
On 10/23/2020 at 12:04 PM, SePl said:

Correct !

It is quite correct that you are the perfect example of a  joke for  human beings.

Possessed with Normalcy Bias to its extremity; can't recognize anything outside your "Usual".

Not until you fall a victim yourself.

If you got average intelligence and basic internet skills, you can easily find out one simple fact.

Dog attack  is quite a global issue.  In Thailand, other South East Asian nations,  India, US, UK, Europe, and Russia.

Edited by black tabby
spell correction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/24/2020 at 4:07 PM, Speedo1968 said:

Sprays may work e.g. pepper but it is of no use if the wind is blowing the wrong way, i.e. towards you.

How about a dog whistle, the ones used when rounding up livestock ?

Even when it blows,  deterrent spray  still works  in  short range of 2-3m instead of 6-7m.

I have taken dog whistle into consideration.

But it costs more than this  homemade weapon. So I dropped that idea.

And the significance of this PVC(pepper, vinegar, chili) spray is its long-lasting effect.

Dogs usually have good memory & are keen learners.

Once shot with this, they usually start to avoid me ever since,  recognizing I am not  a soft target.

And that's what I expect.  Once they start to behave better, I wouldn't shoot them again.

No aggressions,  no  counterstrikes  needed.

Edited by black tabby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

imagine using in a Sonkran watercannon!!

- probably get arrested though for holding a weapon... as in the natural Mace within...

• Haha 1
On 10/22/2020 at 2:56 AM, Poet said:

That's good. Who knows how many lives you might have saved.

God knows they've tried, but I am genetically blessed with extremely resistant genital skin.

Don't worry. My Plan B involves a career as a cabaret performer.

Where you go?

Thank you for telling me your unique post-disaster scenario.

You mean you would like to be a ladyboy dancer  if you happen to have  your privates removed  by loose beasts?

Little had I expected you are that determined.

No wonder dog attack is hardly your concern. 

Before you contact any of your  prospective employers,  be sure to check out something.  Thai labor laws.

Entertainment venue like that is pretty touristy. 

Therefore it might be deemed  part of the tourism industries where foreigners aren't allowed to work for.

Edited by black tabby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, tifino said:

imagine using in a Sonkran watercannon!!

- probably get arrested though for holding a weapon... as in the natural Mace within...

Which kind of water pistol are you talking about?

I have been openly carrying this for the past 3 years.

And I have never been stopped or questioned by any cops passed by.

Edited by black tabby
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, black tabby said:

It is quite correct that you are the perfect example of a  joke for  human beings.

Possessed with Normalcy Bias to its extremity; can't recognize anything outside your "Usual".

Not until you fall a victim yourself.

If you got average intelligence and basic internet skills, you can easily find out one simple fact.

Dog attack  is quite a global issue.  In Thailand, other South East Asian nations,  India, US, UK, Europe, and Russia.

A global issue for very weak people with dried ones, who should go back to where they belong, so they can complain.

I wish happy life to all stray dogs and encourage them to fuxx more to multiply as quickly as possible ! When there will be more dogs than grumpy old men in Thailand, life will be a lot better !

• Like 1

Why not be different and just show some empathy - feed them a few times. They are starving and have been abused their whole lives and have no choice but to live in the street (probably/often). They chase and attack when you show fear and run. Stand your ground and pretend to stoop and throw something, or get to know them by giving them some food on a regular basis. No need to go all republican on them...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1