Thailand welcomes back tourists after April virus ban

webfact

6 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

"No. Originally we were told it was 120 coming in each 'batch'. Reality strikes, with the real numbers 0 from the first (cancelled) flight and now 39 from the second. That makes them 101 down so far on the original TAT claim."

No, you are misinformed. The 120 was a total fake. That was, admitted by the Thai government after the fact, the number of INQUIRIES on the program. No one had paid anything for the scheme. 

Indeed, the number officially released was 41. Now we have lost 2 people. Where are there? Are they still in the wheel well of the "chartered flight"? 

More interestingly, who are these people? Who can take 14 days off work plus whatever "holiday" follows? 

I'm hearing (as rumor) that Thailand has subsidized this trip in some way. I don't know if this is true or false, but it would certainly not surprise me (or anyone, I think). 

Exactly. We all know the whole thing is fake, right down the fake pics & video using actors. WHY? The only reason is to placate the Somchai on the street that some kind of opening is happening.

That ain't no opening! Esp. if it's for Chinese. They spend no money, just come in on the zero baht tours that were banned in 2016, and then leave. Only the great Golden Egg Layers of old, who buy significant quantities of baked beans on toast, can revive the economy. TVF Virologists have called for ending all the useless restrictions from the beginning, too. Can't believe The Authorities always ignore our wisdom here.

• Like 1

You forget that once out of quarantine at least one extra person carrying a stick with a flag on it will be leading them around to expensive Thai Chinese owned businesses. That will make 40 people because the 40th person will be an illegal Chinese guide. 

The next to be allowed back with the usual checks and self-imposed quarantine should be foreigners who have Thai spouses, valid retirement visas, or work permits. These 39 token "tourists" are just a TAT farce, and the picture with fireworks is a joke. Let's face it - international tourism for the most part is DEAD until there is a scientifically-proven and thoroughly-tested covid-19 vaccine. Listen to real scientists

Edited by Sheryl
profanity and offtopic political reference remoived by Moderator
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

As an example, I'd like to know what this fellow and his wife do for a living such that they can spend 14 days in solitude, with their 3 beautiful and well-behaved kids, and then at least another 14 days of enjoying the holiday destination of Phuket. I think "Occupation" is a field they had to fill in on their embarkation card, no? 

I think we can be safe in thinking they ain't a peasant family, though I'm sure some peasants that were evicted from their land so luxury flats could be built on it would be up for an all expenses paid excursion to have a couple weeks in an hotel in LOS.

Looks like they didn't waste time once the one child policy was abandoned.

Like a broken record, I will say again, until the authorities get over the notion of the (unattainable) goal of never having a single covid positive case in the country, we will NEVER reopen in any meaningful fashion. 

Fourteen-day on arrival quarantine is NOT sustainable. The big thinkers in Bangkok must know this, so what is the end game here? 

We safely got 39 Chinese in for long stay....we're on the road to recovery! Shall we move forward with another couple dozen? Yippie!

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

The bus says 'comfort and safety on the road'

What does this mean exactly?

SLOGANS !!    My first assignment to my assistant deputy minister of hyperbole will be to canvas

the world looking for and correcting these absurd turdbits.

Good start will be looking for any that have "we care........"  in the message.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The tourism-reliant country could see just 6.7 million foreign visitors this year, the government predicts

Is Anutin passing around the happy pipe in the ministries?

Well, heck.  Break out the champagne. 
Only 6,699,961 more to arrive between now a December 31st and it will be Happy Days Are Here Again!!!

Edited by connda
  • Haha 1

mmmmm..... happy pipe....

Apparently, the TAT governor has said that there are more Chinese coming on the 26th of this month from Guangzhou. Reportedly, 147 of them who will -- and I am not making this up -- according to Mr. Governor's guesstimate, spend 800,000 baht EACH. That's a cool 117.6 million baht right off the bat. 

Prosperity here we come (again)!

1 minute ago, Trujillo said:

mmmmm..... happy pipe....

Apparently, the TAT governor has said that there are more Chinese coming on the 26th of this month from Guangzhou. Reportedly, 147 of them who will -- and I am not making this up -- according to Mr. Governor's guesstimate, spend 800,000 baht EACH. That's a cool 117.6 million baht right off the bat. 

Prosperity here we come (again)!

He ran out of fingers and toes so just iterated the biggest number he could think of.

2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

So...you'd think that these "tourists" would be under pretty intense media scrutiny from now on. In particular, when they get out of detention. Where will they go (on their "tours")? Where will they eat? Will they be welcomed by the local population? 

Well, no. They've arrived, that's 'nuff, no further scrutiny needed. I don't think you've quite got to the bottom of the scam. These are all just Chinese Thais dressed to look like real Chinese. They didn't fly in, just got on a plane parked on another runway that then taxied to the gate where they got off and pretended they went through Immigration. Then they left for their hotels, where they'll spend a day and then leave late at night.

2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

As an example, I'd like to know what this fellow and his wife do for a living such that they can spend 14 days in solitude, with their 3 beautiful and well-behaved kids, and then at least another 14 days of enjoying the holiday destination of Phuket.

So naive. They aren't spending any time in solitude and when they leave the hotel will just go back to their normal lives in Thailand. For actors, this may mean sitting around and going to auditions sometimes.

Meanwhile, all the true Big Spenders are bein' shut out and not loved just for being their lovable selves! It's the most intolerable xenophobia!!! We gotta all leave and never come back.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

First group of Chinese under STV scheme arrive

By THE NATION

800_37b9bf65f2227f6.jpg?v=1603244555

Thailand on Tuesday evening welcomed the first group of Chinese tourists, who arrived under the special tourist visa (STV) scheme at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

14197.jpg

The 41, who came from Shanghai, underwent strict checks by public health officials before being sent to state quarantine for 14 days.

14196.jpg

The second group, comprising more than 100 tourists from Shanghai and Guangzhou, are expected to arrive on October 26 and 28.

14194.jpg

Tourism Authority of Thailand governor Yuthasak Supasorn said officials were still considering where flights carrying future STV tourists from Europe would land, as it would depend on where the tourists have booked their 14-day mandatory quarantine.

14199.jpg

“I confirm that all foreigners who arrive will have to strictly comply with health measures. They will be allowed to travel around the country only if they are clear of infection once the quarantine period is over. However, each tourist will be required to have a tracker app,” Yuthasak said.

14195.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30396512

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-21

Just to give everyone a heads up on this ..... China has thousands of new cases and authorities are hiding and looking for answers .....  this is a catastrophe  

39 tourists from China come to Thailand for 9 months. The whole thing is weird.

I hope its just a pilot proof of concept demo by TAT or another Ministry to prove to PM minuscule-brain scaredy-cat control-freak dictator that it is possible and feasible, and that there are ways for foreigners to enter the kingdom without COVID getting out of control. I hope it's not the Thai government thinking that 39 Chinese tourists plus a few more planes full in future, is going to help the economy.

Edited by Ketyo

2 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

You can believe them. I don't!!!!!

Because, there are some real new channels as 

NTD News, China in Focus, which are more critical to all the nonsens of

the chinese propaganda.

I wish more people would rely on these news sources instead of the drip drip drip feeding we get from the brainwashers on MSM

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

Then why are millions and millions trying to crash the gates and get in? How many are trying to get into your country? 

Another Trump fantasy. Millions and millions tramping across the desert from Mexico only to met by a sign, "Future wall planned here. Please don't cross"

Edited by polpott

"What we want now are quality tourists with lots of money who stay for a long time," Yuthasak said.

And forget about the people who have visas already who we won't let back into the country unless they spend lots of money.