Thailand welcomes back tourists after April virus ban

As of the pictures, they are coming with small children.

Who on earth would like to be 14 days locked up with kids for 14 days in one room.

Beautiful family holiday, isn't it?

• Like 2
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not let all of the retirees back first?

See  how  happy  they are in their  holiday best clothes

Does anyone have any confidence that the powers TAT be would reveal any positive tests on the Chinese tourists out of this group ? Still, I suppose McDonalds will be happy with a 4 table booking

Posted Images

These are not tourists.  The headline should read "Thailand welcomes back a few long-stay visitors who have agreed to a 14 day quarantine and have set up accommodation to stay in Thailand after they get out of quarantine."   That's not a tourist.

• Like 1

I just cannot stop wondering, how many Thai´s will cancel their domestic travel plans, now the Chinese are back again. I guess that it will be many thousands.

I just cannot stop wondering, how many Thai´s will now cancel their domestic travel plans, now the Chinese are back again. I guess that it will be many thousands.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

39 ...  ?   it was suppose to be 41 coming , so two of them didn't have their docs ready or already had COVID.   

No. Originally we were told it was 120 coming in each 'batch'. Reality strikes, with the real numbers 0 from the first (cancelled) flight and now 39 from the second. That makes them 101 down so far on the original TAT claim.

What is their explanation for letting tourists in before people with long-term residency and ties to the country?

8 hours ago, webfact said:

However, the unrest has not impacted interest in the country, Tourism Authority of Thailand governor Yuthasak Supasorn told Reuters.

39 from Shanghai, doesn't seem like much interest to start with.

"No. Originally we were told it was 120 coming in each 'batch'. Reality strikes, with the real numbers 0 from the first (cancelled) flight and now 39 from the second. That makes them 101 down so far on the original TAT claim."

No, you are misinformed. The 120 was a total fake. That was, admitted by the Thai government after the fact, the number of INQUIRIES on the program. No one had paid anything for the scheme. 

Indeed, the number officially released was 41. Now we have lost 2 people. Where are there? Are they still in the wheel well of the "chartered flight"? 

More interestingly, who are these people? Who can take 14 days off work plus whatever "holiday" follows? 

I'm hearing (as rumor) that Thailand has subsidized this trip in some way. I don't know if this is true or false, but it would certainly not surprise me (or anyone, I think). 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, newnative said:

These are not tourists.  The headline should read "Thailand welcomes back a few long-stay visitors who have agreed to a 14 day quarantine and have set up accommodation to stay in Thailand after they get out of quarantine."   That's not a tourist.

Quite true. However, TVF Immigration holds that Thai Immigration defines all foreigners as tourists, no matter the visa. We're constantly warned that your visa could be instantly cancelled, most probably right after you've bought a 10 million baht property, hee.

Unless you're a Thai citizen, there's only short-term tourist and longer term tourist. So what we have here among our posters is a reversal of our official TVF narrative for bashing purposes. It's fun, innit?

• Like 2

By the way, why are the "tourists" wearing 25 baht rain suits? How is that useful for any possible covid response?

This is totally showboating for the brainwashed, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I can quite find the right words. Is it silliness? Is it living proof that Thailand is a vassal state to China? Is it confirmation that decision makers should not come from the ranks of Generals? I am at a loss. While Vietnam gobbles up businesses leaving China by being business friendly and having sane visa laws, Thailand focuses on rebuilding a failed business model of prosperity through mass tourism. The wonderful people of Thailand deserve more forward thinking and enlightened leadership.

• Like 1