Stay Extension NON-IMM O in Ubon. Bizarre request.

Ubon. I went yesterday for my NON-IMM O extension in Ubon.

Simply Retirement, not based on marriage. With the 800k in the bank as I've done for many, many years before.

My new Thai wife (long time TGF, we got married a few months ago) was with me. She drives the car so it's natural she comes along.

No problems but this time they asked what relation between her and me. Marriage. OK. They then asked for a copy of her tabian baan and her ID card.

Fortunately she had the tabian baan with her just in case it was requested for my address..

And at conclusion of the paperwork process they told her to come with our marriage certificate next year.

Bizarre. I only wanted to extend on the basis of the 800k, not on marriage.

Are you living where her tambien baan is for? if yes that is the only proof of address you need. 

They may want the marriage certificate as additional proof of why you are staying in her house if that is the case.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jayceenik said:

My new Thai wife (long time TGF, we got married a few months ago) was with me.

Presumably she had previously submitted a completed TM30 as your housemaster? If so I find it surprising that the notification slip which, I take it, is stamped in your passport was not considered to be acceptable proof of address. That has certainly proved sufficient in my case for my past few retirement extension applications at Rayong Immigration!

20 hours ago, OJAS said:

Presumably she had previously submitted a completed TM30 as your housemaster? If so I find it surprising that the notification slip which, I take it, is stamped in your passport was not considered to be acceptable proof of address. That has certainly proved sufficient in my case for my past few retirement extension applications at Rayong Immigration!

Yes. She did a TM 30 two years ago when we moved from Ubon to the village. 

That TM 30 is duly stapled in my passport.

And she had done a TM 30 some years ago when we moved from Pattaya to Ubon.

On 10/21/2020 at 9:16 AM, ubonjoe said:

Are you living where her tambien baan is for? if yes that is the only proof of address you need. 

They may want the marriage certificate as additional proof of why you are staying in her house if that is the case.

Yes. But I could be just a guest in her house!  No need to be married to live together! We lived together unmarried many years in Pattaya before moving to Ubon and eventually getting married in her village.

12 minutes ago, jayceenik said:

Yes. But I could be just a guest in her house!  No need to be married to live together! We lived together unmarried many years in Pattaya before moving to Ubon and eventually getting married in her village.

They could of asked for a statement from her stating you are staying with her and signed copies of her house book and ID card instead of needing a rental agreement. 

Every office can do things differently.

Immigration can ask for any other documentation they want, regardless of any perceived irrelevancy. It's stated in various police orders.

In this instance, just nosiness I reckon. Maybe test them on the next Ret Ext and don't produce the marriage certificate until they ask. If they don't ask, TiT. If they do ask for it, TiT.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Immigration can ask for any other documentation they want, regardless of any perceived irrelevancy. It's stated in various police orders.

In this instance, just nosiness I reckon. Maybe test them on the next Ret Ext and don't produce the marriage certificate until they ask. If they don't ask, TiT. If they do ask for it, TiT.

Yes. Nosiness more than likely. And, I too was thinking that we'll bring the certificate along but produce it only if asked. I bet they won't ask for it!  ????