Anutin: Completely safe to open up Thailand to foreign tourism

webfact

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

They don’t need them as Thailand is Covid free ?

If they don't need them, why do we. 

Is this Anutin getting his own back for "dirty Farang" not wearing them at the beginning of the "so called" outbreak and we now have the reverse situation. Farang wear but Thai not wear?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Its just a political stepping stone. As others have said. By December Q will be at 10 days for everyone except China/Sing/Kor/AUS/NZ etc as they will be No Q and test on arrival.

ASQ hotels and quarantine will be in place for everyone else for a while yet. 

No need to quarantine Chinese visitors. They didn't spread covid in December, January or February in Thailand when they were able to come... they only infected Europe at that time

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

There are 1000's of expats waiting to be reunited with their families. They will gladly do the quarantines, no problem. 

1 - I know many of them not having enough money

2 - 1000 foreigners are nothing compared to 40.000.000 of tourists necessary to survive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

No need to quarantine Chinese visitors. They didn't spread covid in December, January or February in Thailand when they were able to come... they only infected Europe at that time

Now is all that counts. China fixed the problem and Europe didn't. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I think some of you fixate on the word "tourist" too much. I don't think the Thai gov have the same view of what a "tourist" is at this moment in time as we do. I think yo them it is anybody who is not on a work permit.

11 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

How does he explain the positive cases found in quarantine daily?

I'll say that these Chinese "tourists" are probably 'safer' than the normal re-patters. And that I understand you have to start somehwere.

As long as they quarantine for 14 days everything should be fine.

To drop quarantine would be foolish. It could be shortened by a few days.

3 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Now is all that counts. China fixed the problem and Europe didn't. 

So do you really believe that Chinese tourists did not spread covid in spring in Thailand? The past is something you learn from.

If China fixed the problem so well, why have them jump through hoops to get here.. 

3 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

Please let this be true.....

It was huge, 100,000 or more, check Khaosod English for photos. I was watching on Khaosod and Voice TV, the protesters were 10 minutes long according to Barrow, oh yeah check Richard Barrow on Twitter. They have given him 3 days to go or bigger protests at the weekend.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OumarhindaOunsingha said:

Then Thailand go bankrupt, people will starve.

Test before departure with the new LAMP test and PCR on arrival. The Thai people clearly have had enough and want their jobs back, students go into hospitality after uni and those deserted tourist towns, shocking. I'm not how many will come, the numbers will be nowhere near 2019 levels, more like early 2000s, but better than nothing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tech65 said:

1 - I know many of them not having enough money

2 - 1000 foreigners are nothing compared to 40.000.000 of tourists necessary to survive.

I want to as well but the long grocery list of rules and requirements makes it daunting.  Wait it out.  I predict by spring all or most will drop.  Just give me the Vaccine 

Short of everybody being inoculated there is no “ safe for sure “ Thailand. Once the Covid vaccines start getting rolled out in 2021 they should be given be given to the most needed countries not the most economically driven countries. In this respect you will have the world recovering from Covid health wise & economy wise in the most expedient manner. I could see Thailand wanting to get foreign tourists coming back desperately, though for now there will be clusters of new infections popping up despite the 14 day quarantines. See what everyone’s own country recommends for the time being.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, JimiHen said:

Short of everybody being inoculated there is no “ safe for sure “ Thailand. Once the Covid vaccines start getting rolled out in 2021 they should be given be given to the most needed countries not the most economically driven countries. In this respect you will have the world recovering from Covid health wise & economy wise in the most expedient manner. I could see Thailand wanting to get foreign tourists coming back desperately, though for now there will be clusters of new infections popping up despite the 14 day quarantines. See what everyone’s own country recommends for the time being.

A Vaccination won’t solve the problem, you can still get flu after a flu vaccination and infect others.  Countries need to open up and manage COVID,Thailand has no idea how to move forward apart from scaremongering the people and very expensive hoops to jump through if you want to come wether as a tourist or as a long term retiree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

A Vaccination won’t solve the problem, you can still get flu after a flu vaccination and infect others.  Countries need to open up and manage COVID,Thailand has no idea how to move forward apart from scaremongering the people and very expensive hoops to jump through if you want to come wether as a tourist or as a long term retiree.

Astazeneca volunteer died today, so vaccines might not be a good idea for a few years. Managing is the only way and the dangers are the same as flu, just open up and deal with it. The longer this farce goes on, the worst it will be economically for these emerging countries and G20 countries will be crippled too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Astazeneca volunteer died today, so vaccines might not be a good idea for a few years. Managing is the only way and the dangers are the same as flu, just open up and deal with it. The longer this farce goes on, the worst it will be economically for these emerging countries and G20 countries will be crippled too.

Well of course it needs to be determined if the vaccine had something to do with that death. I think all logical people that aren't motivated by politics want any vaccine that is released to be proven safe and effective. Effective can mean protecting as little as 50 percent of the people taking it. I can see that safety standards are trickier. Would people say it's not worth doing if the vaccine killed one in a million, for example? I assume most people would accept some low level of risk. Also there are numerous vaccines being developed globally. Most will fail relative to the one or more that are deemed adequate.

Also you're spreading misinformation to suggest that Covid-19 disease is the "same" as seasonal flu in danger. No, it's not. Covid-19 is more dangerous, not only in potential fatality but also in long term organ damage. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

People should be afraid of catching Covid-19, particularly those with risk factors, which is actually a quite large percentage of populations.

You are correct that vaccines don't offer guarantees of protection. The Covid-19 vaccines won't either. My understanding is that even a 50 percent level would be good enough though it's fair to expect that what's released will be closer to 75 percent. 100 percent? No.