Why are those dogs barking all night? Croc taken into custody!

webfact

Why are those dogs barking all night? Croc taken into custody!

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Saraburi resident Yutthapong, 46, wondered what was agitating the neighborhood dogs and causing them to bark all night.

He was soon confronted by a two meter long crocodile outside his house.

Calls to the Nong Khae constabulary helped summon rescue in the form of Ruam Katanyu foundation who found the croc still and "smiling sweetly" according to the Daily News headline. 

4pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Half a dozen rescue personnel took 30 minutes to get the croc into custody and subsequent measuring indicated it was 2.1 meters in length.

A foundation rep thought it was the same creature that had been spooking residents in the nearby Klong Rapheephat canal in recent days but had up to now evaded capture. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-21

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:

dogs bark over almost anything and often at nothing at all.  Dogs bark, its what they do. 

They are damn pests who frighten young children and indeed grown ups but 99.9 per cent of them do not bark too much, except a pet in our neighbourhood who barks throughout the very early hours of the morning and disturbs neighbours sleep and the Owners do not come out until after a long time and have the attitude "if you don't like it go to the police"
Yes the same people when there is a party in the next Soi play loud music they complain to who? Yes the police and hypocritical or what?
When someone gets seriously bitten by dogs and still nothing gets done and they carrying diseases, possibly rabies.
LOL pilotman take your point about the the so long talking by people and yes they have a rather large alphabet to content with and yes all get very loud and yes always when listening to something on the computer,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fruitman said:

Especially if no one ever tells them to shut up....

Fruitman Yes the Owners of so-called pets do naff all in training their damn dogs and think it is very funny when they keep the neighbourhood up int the very early hours of the morning.
They are worse than the pets and alow them to bark for hours before eventually come out.
Nothing is ever done about these pets and even after serious injury but that is normal here, right?

31 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Fruitman Yes the Owners of so-called pets do naff all in training their damn dogs and think it is very funny when they keep the neighbourhood up int the very early hours of the morning.
They are worse than the pets and alow them to bark for hours before eventually come out.
Nothing is ever done about these pets and even after serious injury but that is normal here, right?

The Thai can't be bothered to train their dogs...they don't want to be the boss.

One day i walked a puppy golden retriever in our private park, a Thai girl comes with her huge dog, it walks to my retriever and pee's all over it...the girl started laughing loud and told me in perfect english: It seems that he wants to book her for tonight! After that she walked away laughing, my dog was soaking wet and needed a shower.

She should have told her dog that he was a bad boy but hey a Thai will never do that since they also never leard how to get corrected themselves.

• Like 1

I have two Shih Tzui, who are lovely dogs and obedient, to a reasonable and trainable degree.  They bark if they see or hear anything out of the ordinary, or any visitors appear, which I do not discourage. However, at night, they are in doors and do not generally make a sound. Its all a matter of degree. During the day, I don't mind barking, at night I like quiet, but I am realistic to know that Soi dogs have no such restraint on them and will act as dogs act. To me, its all a part of country living. 

9 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I have two Shih Tzui, who are lovely dogs and obedient, to a reasonable and trainable degree.  They bark if they see or hear anything out of the ordinary, or any visitors appear, which I do not discourage. However, at night, they are in doors and do not generally make a sound. Its all a matter of degree. During the day, I don't mind barking, at night I like quiet, but I am realistic to know that Soi dogs have no such restraint on them and will act as dogs act. To me, its all a part of country living. 

Pilotman, I agree with you and you are so kind and a pet lover and have your dogs inside at night but the one who barks for all the others in our village and yes they have a sort of outside kennel but from both sides  and the people related take their time in coming out of their homes and yes they have a huge gate in the front.
They also have young families so should no better and surely they should keep indoors at night and yes agreed with Soi dogs, but let's not forget they started out as pets before being discarded.

Edited by jwest10
space
  • Like 1

How dogs react to various perceived threats fascinates me. My SO has three dogs and they all react differently. The Shi Tzu reacts to reptiles, goes crazy in fact, and is a great snake detector, but doesn't give a monkey's about strange people, she's more likely to lick their hand than anything else; the miniature poodle totally maxes out on strangers, so makes a pretty good watchdog, but he can go a bit OTT range wise and be annoying,  The mongrel doesn't bark much at all, but has a penchant for rats. When she does bark at people it can be totally inappropriate, like regular visitors she should know are friends. So they're all useful in their own way. I must admit to being surprised by the Shi Tzu, I thought they were bred as useless lapdogs. What's for sure is that their range of sensory perception is well beyond mine - did I know that snake was there? Did I know those strangers were doing something 200 yards away hidden behind a fence? Did I know that rat was there under the floorboards?

On 10/21/2020 at 6:23 PM, fruitman said:

The Thai can't be bothered to train their dogs...they don't want to be the boss.

One day i walked a puppy golden retriever in our private park, a Thai girl comes with her huge dog, it walks to my retriever and pee's all over it...the girl started laughing loud and told me in perfect english: It seems that he wants to book her for tonight! After that she walked away laughing, my dog was soaking wet and needed a shower.

She should have told her dog that he was a bad boy but hey a Thai will never do that since they also never leard how to get corrected themselves.

You should have told her, in perfect English, of course, that you would come over to her place and give her a golden shower later.image.jpeg.1a1b41e76f6316abe82d41149e0381a4.jpeg

• Haha 1

Dogs are great security at nights.

If someone passes the house they bark - good.

If someone comes onto my land they get bitten - good.

If someone comes onto my land and the dogs sense danger - good.

My dogs are never normally more than a couple of meters away from my anytime i'm at the house.

They're better company ( and 100% more loyal ) than most humans.

Remember, a dog is only a small part of our lives but we are everything in their lives!!!

• Like 2