Current in-country OA visa extension insurance and paperwork requirements

On 10/22/2020 at 12:44 PM, ubonjoe said:

All of that has been mostly eliminated. That is why they brought the TM27 back to life to report a change of address only.

The TM28 has the reporting if you stayed in another province for more than 24 hours and that was eliminated back in February.

Am I correct that the the TM27 does not apply to those of us on retirement extensions?

8 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Am I correct that the the TM27 does not apply to those of us on retirement extensions?

It applies to everybody if they change their registered address that immigration has. That is the only time it is needed.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

I take it we have to go in person, no online filing method?

It can only be done in person.

Many offices only want a TM30 report when you change your address and that is the only time they need to be done now.

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone from Chiang Mai is looking for the same information, I visited the airport IO today and spoke to a volunteer about requirements for extending my OA visa. He directed me to the attached notices, which detail what paperwork is required over and above the approved insurance. He told me that the bank statement and the bank letter can both be up to 7 days old at the date of application. He also gave me a copy of the TM7 form. The volunteers at the office are very helpful and well worth consulting. 

IMG_6152-1.jpg

IMG_6153-1.jpg

• Thanks 1
On 10/24/2020 at 7:50 AM, ubonjoe said:

It can only be done in person.

Many offices only want a TM30 report when you change your address and that is the only time they need to be done now.

Hi UJ, when relocating and your IO uses TM-30 instead of TM-27 for your relocation notice, do you then have to do that TM-30 notification in person at the IO, or can it be done using the IO-TM30 website?

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi UJ, when relocating and your IO uses TM-30 instead of TM-27 for your relocation notice, do you then have to do that TM-30 notification in person at the IO, or can it be done using the IO-TM30 website?

It would need to be done in person at most offices. Some might also want a TM27 or TM28 form.

• Thanks 1