Internet Stability

J Town

10 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Yes I am, since Saturday. ????

Could be the weather or something else?

Mine is down about 100Mbps upload and download at the mo, luckily there is plenty still in reserve for what I do, still over 200Mbps up and down....????

But, TVF has been bad for a few days now, error codes at TVF end.....????

16 minutes ago, J Town said:

Na Jomtien, just past the end of Jomtien Beach Road.

Ok, probably another subnet, IIRC the darkside center is in Khao Talo. Could well be repairs. On the other hand, last time we had trouble here, it was an ant nest inside the local switch box. Had to harass 3BB three times before they found it. Maybe somebody in the same area as you can give more info.

3BB in Phuket. When browsing websites I don't notice any big problems but for the past 1-2 weeks I am having intermittent problems during video calls to friends and family in Europe. They will see my video and audio stutter or simetimes completely freeze. Very annoying and sometimes makes the call nearly impossible. But I can see and hear them fine. A server there shows packetloss from me when these issues happen but interestingly when I ping it shows zero packetloss. Switched to going through Singapore and the problems went 100% away. Another friend with 3BB also confirmed he's having issues with connections to non-asian locations.

Something's up with 3BB's international transits. And it can't be that they are overloaded because it happens even in the middle of the night. Very frustrating.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elfpattaya said:

Why don't you contact them on 1530 normally very helpful.

I actually took my router in to 3BB Big C Pattaya. They checked it, router is fine so it is for sure the phone line. Thanks to all (I'm actually surprised there weren't any smart alecky posts!).

I moved back to Pattaya a few weeks ago. My internet (True Super Fibre, installed in the entire apartment. building) has been OK but sometimes even FB takes a minute to load. Breakups on streaming services. Sometimes it's down for hours. I'm behind Big C Extra off Soi Paniad Chang (Yume).

Over the years I spent in Pattaya, internet has been rather undependable. It was regularly bad on the Darkside, whether in the bungalow resort I was in for about three years or bar wi-fi along NPW. 

I had AIS Fibre in Bangkok, which was blisteringly fast and stable. 

• Like 1