Nine found positive in quarantine

webfact

Nine found positive in quarantine

By The Nation

800_7e47a66b6b8cc69.jpg?v=1603258287

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration on Wednesday reported nine new cases in state quarantine in 24 hours.

The latest cases are:

> Three soldiers who returned from a UN mission in South Sudan on October 12 and were found positive on October 15.

> A 23-year-old female freelancer who came home from the United States on October 8 and tested positive on October 19 in quarantine at a Samut Prakan hotel.

> A 34-year-old male cruise ship worker who travelled to Morocco, Mexico and the Netherlands and returned to Thailand on October 10. He was found positive on October 15 in quarantine at a Bangkok hotel.

> Two masseuses, aged 27 and 31, who travelled back home from the United Arab Emirates on October 9 and tested positive on October 14 and 16, respectively, under quarantine at a Bangkok hotel.

> A 50-year-old male freelancer who returned from Portugal on October 10 and was found positive on October 15 in quarantine at a Bangkok hotel.

> A 41-year-old Omani woman who arrived in Thailand for medical treatment and tested positive under quarantine at a Bangkok hospital.

Meanwhile, four patients have recovered and been discharged.

As of Wednesday, the number of confirmed cases in Thailand has increased to 3,709 (762 in state quarantine). Of these, 155 are in hospital and 3,495 have recovered and been discharged. The death toll remains unchanged at 59.

According to Worldometer, as of 10am the number of confirmed global cases has risen to 41 million (increasing by 381,716 in 24 hours). Of these, 30.6 million have recovered, 9.28 million are active cases (77,071 are in severe condition) and 1.12 million have died (an increase of 6,145).

Thailand ranks a safe 144th for most cases in the world.

The US has the most number, with 8.52 million, followed by India (7.64 million), Brazil (5.27 million), Russia (1.43 million) and Spain (1.02 million).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30396541

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-21

54 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Waiting to see when one of these first Chinese tourists or the returning Thais from the specific flight are listed as positive.  However, I won't be concerned if they lie as they have been lying for a long time.

It must be really difficult living your life in a state of permanent cynicism.

I really dont envy you.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Traubert said:

It must be really difficult living your life in a state of permanent cynicism.

I really dont envy you.

It is called sarcasm, and my post was dripping with it.  You need to read between the lines my man, read between the lines and think outside of the box the actual words are written in. Tell me how China has been of late.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

This is proving that quarantine is working and succesfully sorting the wheat from the chaff as it is designed to do. So why the paranoia about allowing in tourists from higher risk countries up to the number of ASQ facilities available? The only Thais to lose out would be the cartel of insurance companies having to pay out for the further quarantine and possible treatment of those found positive in exchange for the extortionate fees they are charging for paltry cover.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Waiting to see when one of these first Chinese tourists or the returning Thais from the specific flight are listed as positive.  However, I won't be concerned if they lie as they have been lying for a long time.

Who is "they" and how do you know they're lying?

On 10/8/2020 at 6:30 PM, Flying Saucage said:

Wow! So it's all a big lie, a big scam, a big bubble!

Welcome to Thailand, the land of lies :cheesy:

2 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

These hospitals must be doing roaring trade these patients - all costs covered by insurances up to 100,000 dollars. 

Great gig. 

Funny how the arrivals have already had negative result in pre flight covid test, then negative in quarantine on day 5 and a day before to leave the quarantine hotel they test positive.. hotel hands person to hospital. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Acharn said:

Who is "they" and how do you know they're lying?

you should not have to ask who they are. You have been part of the TV forum since 2004.  I am sure you can read into the sarcasm and figure out who They are..    

11 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Thai citizens returning on repatriation flights are not required to get a C-19 test to get on the flight, but foreigners on the same flight must have one within 72hrs of flight which is just ridiculous.

Yes & we can imagine a few of those foreigners who tested negative before flight  (but flew in on same plane as these 9 infected untested Thai's) will now turn positive in Thai Quarantine after being put in the germ plate with the infected Thai's who the Thai govt allowed to fly covid test free.....As you say just ridiculous

Edited by meechai
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

you should not have to ask who they are. You have been part of the TV forum since 2004.  I am sure you can read into the sarcasm and figure out who They are..    

I didn't see any sarcasm. I think "sarcasm" does not mean what you think it does.

On 10/21/2020 at 12:41 PM, ThailandRyan said:

not going to happen.

• Like 1