Don Muang to Hua Hin - Taxi recommendation? Railway?

sweatalot

My wife and I are going to Hua Hin in mid-November. We'll  arrive at the airport around 4 p.m. What is the best and cheapest way to get from Don Muang to there? Any special recommendation? Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dont think you have much option

Yes there are trains from Hua Lampong  around 5pm 6pm(but you can join them at Bang sue which is nearer ) it would be preferable to book in advance at any railway station.

However these trains will take at least 6 hours so you are looking at a late evening early morning arrival

A taxi would be hopefully somewhat quicker although you are dealing with rush hour traffic, fare 2/3k depends on you negotiation skills and drivers willingness to earn money

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind answers. I have to correct myself. We'll arrive about 2 p.m. Thinking about van or taxi now. (Hotel wants more than 5k Baht for a van, so we're looking for alternatives) 

Would you recommend to book ahead via internet or negotiate at the scene?

Edited by sweatalot

58 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

Thanks for the kind answers. I have to correct myself. We'll arrive about 2 p.m. Thinking about van or taxi now. (Hotel wants more than 5k Baht for a van, so we're looking for alternatives) 

Would you recommend to book ahead via internet or negotiate at the scene?

The last time I got a van from Mo Chit to Hua Hin it was around 240 Baht on the scheduled van, which ran every hour but I'd check that is still the case. I'd reckon a taxi or a van to pick you up at the airport could be booked online then you'd avoid surprises. Taxi around 3500 Baht, not sure about the van.

18 hours ago, sweatalot said:

My wife and I are going to Hua Hin in mid-November. We'll  arrive at the airport around 4 p.m. What is the best and cheapest way to get from Don Muang to there? Any special recommendation? Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

If I was in a hurry I'd head to the south bus terminal and catch a bus to Hua Hin. If not in a hurry I'd catch a train.

9 minutes ago, Saltire said:

The last time I got a van from Mo Chit to Hua Hin it was around 240 Baht on the scheduled van, which ran every hour but I'd check that is still the case. I'd reckon a taxi or a van to pick you up at the airport could be booked online then you'd avoid surprises. Taxi around 3500 Baht, not sure about the van.

That's definitely an option and Morchit is more convenient than South Bus Station, but van drivers tend to be scary drivers and I hate being cramped in a van as compared to the bus. Buses have toilets too.