Information regarding 60 day extension for after November 30

Hi i have looked everywhere and cant find what the requirement actually is.

Has this 60-day extension been documented?

i have the ability to arrange a Non-O but would rather avoid the whole process for now if a Nov 30 extension until end January is at all possible.

You can apply for the 60 days now. Costs 3,900 baht. Different IO's require different documentation, but it's nothing difficult - you do not need an embassy letter just the usual things e.g. photo, proof of address & passport copies. UK and US embassies are not issuing embassy letters anymore:

https://th.usembassy.gov/covid-19-faq/)

Last update; October 13, 2020:

"non-Thai nationals can visit any Thai Immigration office to request a 60-day extension of stay.  Thai Immigration will not require a letter from the Embassy as part of the extension request, so the U.S. Embassy and Consulate General Chiang Mai will no longer provide letters of support for Thai visa extensions.  For more information about applying for Thai visa extensions, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact the Thai Immigration Bureau"

You'll get an under consideration stamp and a return date for the 60 days stamp. This extension type may be done TWICE ONLY. This is according to Ubon immigration office. So you can hold off on the non o until Feb. By then, perhaps the COVID situation will be different.

7 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

You can apply for the 60 days now. Costs 3,900 baht. Different IO's require different documentation, but it's nothing difficult - you do not need an embassy letter just the usual things e.g. photo, proof of address & passport copies. UK and US embassies are not issuing embassy letters anymore:

"non-Thai nationals can visit any Thai Immigration office to request a 60-day extension of stay.  Thai Immigration will not require a letter from the Embassy as part of the extension request, so the U.S. Embassy and Consulate General Chiang Mai will no longer provide letters of support for Thai visa extensions.  For more information about applying for Thai visa extensions, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact the Thai Immigration Bureau"

You'll get an under consideration stamp and a return date for the 60 days stamp. This extension type may be done TWICE ONLY. This is according to Ubon immigration office. So you can hold off on the non o until Feb. By then, perhaps the COVID situation will be different.

ta muchly

9 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

extension 3.900 baht?? Thought it is always 1.900baht for every extension????

glegolo

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

My 60 day extension only cost me 1900B and that took me to November 25 and now I have been informed that it is good until end December

It would be good to see if this is in writing somewhere.  Where did you get the information?  Thanks

4 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

It would be good to see if this is in writing somewhere.  Where did you get the information?  Thanks

I have the stamps in my passport to November 25 and it was my local immigration officer that informed my of the extension to the end of December because of the change in dates for the amnesty with the start dates of all extensions going to the 1 November.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I have the stamps in my passport to November 25 and it was my local immigration officer that informed my of the extension to the end of December because of the change in dates for the amnesty with the start dates of all extensions going to the 1 November.

Is that Satun immigration? 

No, Khon Kaen.

I took out my 60 day extension just before the end of the September amnesty which brought my extension to start on 27 September and finish on 25 November but the the amnesty was extended and all 30 and 60 day extensions were to start on 1 November so 30 day extensions finish on 30 November and 60 day extensions finish on 30 December. That is the way it was explained to me by my local immigration office at Khon Kaen a week ago.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

I took out my 60 day extension

You got a 60 day extension based on having a Thai spouse or children, or for which reason?

This thread is about the new 60 day extension for which supposedly anybody can apply.

Hi.  I arrived in Thailand in March on a visa exempt.  I got the visa exempt extended for 30 days in April before the amnesty was announced.  Since then, I've been staying on amnesty which will end on 31 October.  I would like to stay on until the New Year.  I have an unused letter from my embassy in support of extending my visa had the amnesty not been extended beyond September 26,  What should I do now - apply for the 60-day extension?  I'm in Chiang Mai.

Thank you in advance.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a 30 day or a 60 day extension. Not sure which one they will issue in your case.

Thanks for the prompt reply, ubonjoe.  What would be the determining factor for getting a 30-day or 60-day extension you think?

2 minutes ago, tygerstar said:

Thanks for the prompt reply, ubonjoe.  What would be the determining factor for getting a 30-day or 60-day extension you think?

It would be up to the officer doing it. The unknown factor is that you did not apply for a 30 day extension before September 26th. They may do the 30 days to November 30th and then you would go back for the 60 days in November.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

It would be up to the officer doing it. The unknown factor is that you did not apply for a 30 day extension before September 26th. They may do the 30 days to November 30th and then you would go back for the 60 days in November.

That would be great as I don't intend to stay beyond 31 January 2021 and no point paying for four months when I only need three.  Thanks, again!

On 10/22/2020 at 11:15 AM, Russell17au said:

No, Khon Kaen.

I took out my 60 day extension just before the end of the September amnesty which brought my extension to start on 27 September and finish on 25 November but the the amnesty was extended and all 30 and 60 day extensions were to start on 1 November so 30 day extensions finish on 30 November and 60 day extensions finish on 30 December. That is the way it was explained to me by my local immigration office at Khon Kaen a week ago.

Thanks Russell17au ! I can now confirm your experience at KKC Imm. After reading that it was Khon Kaen Immigration that changed your extension due to the new starting date at Nov 1, I've been there today, too and have my stamp renewed as I was in the exact situation you have been. Early 60 days extension way before Sept. 26 with starting date Sept 27. It took a little convincing but in the end I got the permission to stay date changed to Dec 30 at no charge. 

IMG_20201027_162314.jpg

1 hour ago, KhonKaen2014 said:

Thanks Russell17au ! I can now confirm your experience at KKC Imm. After reading that it was Khon Kaen Immigration that changed your extension due to the new starting date at Nov 1, I've been there today, too and have my stamp renewed as I was in the exact situation you have been. Early 60 days extension way before Sept. 26 with starting date Sept 27. It took a little convincing but in the end I got the permission to stay date changed to Dec 30 at no charge. 

IMG_20201027_162314.jpg

Wish i was at KK also :). At CW they did not want to change the date for me. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, KhonKaen2014 said:

IMG_20201027_162314.jpg

Thanks for the photo! I was in Lampang Immigration yesterday and they wouldn't change the stamp for me. I'll go there again and show this.

edit: Is there any official immigration order that I could show them also?

Edited by Santzes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Santzes said:

Thanks for the photo! I was in Lampang Immigration yesterday and they wouldn't change the stamp for me. I'll go there again and show this.

edit: Is there any official immigration order that I could show them also?

Maybe you could black out the signature of the IO (I should have thought of this) before you show it. Let us know if it worked out for you at L Imm.

As for the official order I only know of the "welcome" announcement on the Immigration bureau homepage...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KhonKaen2014 said:

IMG_20201027_162314.jpg

Doesn't seem fair -  those on marriage extensions have to pay 1900 baht for an extra 2 months.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Doesn't seem fair -  those on marriage extensions have to pay 1900 baht for an extra 2 months.

Why isn't it fair? I've been at the Imm Office early and applied for the "extra 2 months" and payed THB 1900,- for it. Starting date was Sep 27 as the amnesty was supposed to end Sep 26. Now the ones with nerves of steel who waited it out and now had all of October to apply for their extensions will get Nov 1 as the starting date. Treating people like Russell17au or me, who actually did the right thing and applied for the extension before Sep 26 and having our extensions now starting at Nov 1 also is absolutely fair in my book...

7 minutes ago, KhonKaen2014 said:

Why isn't it fair? I've been at the Imm Office early and applied for the "extra 2 months" and payed THB 1900,- for it. Starting date was Sep 27 as the amnesty was supposed to end Sep 26. Now the ones with nerves of steel who waited it out and now had all of October to apply for their extensions will get Nov 1 as the starting date. Treating people like Russell17au or me, who actually did the right thing and applied for the extension before Sep 26 and having our extensions now starting at Nov 1 also is absolutely fair in my book...

Oh sorry, I read that russell17 got it for free. 

• Like 1