Information regarding 60 day extension for after November 30

1 minute ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

I got a 60 day extension on marriage before the cutoff in September, paying 1900 Badt and I'm wondering if anyone has tried to get the update in chiangmai?

That's a different type of extension. You can wait until next month and do the amnesty extension or apply for 1 year extension if you have all the correct documents before it's to late.

On 10/28/2020 at 8:06 AM, ndreamer said:

That's a different type of extension. You can wait until next month and do the amnesty extension or apply for 1 year extension if you have all the correct documents before it's to late.

I was hoping to get the update starting from November 1st till end of december by going in before the 31st, as I heard that all visas would be updated as such, or have I confused something?

Screenshot_20201029-200956.jpg

On 10/27/2020 at 9:58 PM, KhonKaen2014 said:

Maybe you could black out the signature of the IO (I should have thought of this) before you show it. Let us know if it worked out for you at L Imm.

As for the official order I only know of the "welcome" announcement on the Immigration bureau homepage...

On 10/27/2020 at 9:58 PM, KhonKaen2014 said:

Maybe you could black out the signature of the IO (I should have thought of this) before you show it. Let us know if it worked out for you at L Imm.

As for the official order I only know of the "welcome" announcement on the Immigration bureau homepage...

Yes the IO may get into trouble for following correct procedure and the law. Not being sarcastic, sadly probably true.

On 10/28/2020 at 8:06 AM, ndreamer said:

14 hours ago, Foreignheight6foot2 said:

I was hoping to get the update starting from November 1st till end of december by going in before the 31st, as I heard that all visas would be updated as such, or have I confused something?

Screenshot_20201029-200956.jpg

I dont think it is true what ndreamer says. They are meant to change your stamp to the 31st  December but not all offices are doing it. If you look through this thread someone was successful at Kong Kaen. Others have just been sent away. I am going to try it at Jomtien. Don't fancy my chances. Maybe things will change.

3 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I dont think it is true what ndreamer says. They are meant to change your stamp to the 31st  December but not all offices are doing it. If you look through this thread someone was successful at Kong Kaen. Others have just been sent away. I am going to try it at Jomtien. Don't fancy my chances. Maybe things will change.

Im going in now to try and charm a battleaxe but they generally dislike me so I will not expect a miracle.

Regards

I can confirm today is last day for chiangmai and that from my 60 day extension for wife in September I got a free update until the 30 December.

The man at the front was very fun to talk to, the woman at the desk knew straight away just by looking at passport, waited about 45 mins. Very happy. 

No battle-axes just very courteous friendly exchange.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 5:40 PM, KhonKaen2014 said:

Thanks Russell17au ! I can now confirm your experience at KKC Imm. After reading that it was Khon Kaen Immigration that changed your extension due to the new starting date at Nov 1, I've been there today, too and have my stamp renewed as I was in the exact situation you have been. Early 60 days extension way before Sept. 26 with starting date Sept 27. It took a little convincing but in the end I got the permission to stay date changed to Dec 30 at no charge. 

IMG_20201027_162314.jpg

I just got this in Chieng Mai. The exact same. It took 25 minutes and no charge. Date now changed from Nov 25th to Dec 30th. 

Edited by JeffersLos
  • Like 1