Jump to content

Is there amnesty for non o marriage multi visa?


Recommended Posts

Border runs are impossible I guess and situation is not that easy at the moment for many.

 

My question is that is there amnesty for the people who just got non o visa based on marriage with multi entry? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

OP where did you obtain your non o (marriage)?

I'm guessing you obtained a non o at immigration and then an annual extension and also obtained a multi reentry permit

Edited by DrJack54
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in quarantine. Stamp says I can stay until 14th January. Visa with multi entry until end of September 2021.

Edited by Topah
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Topah said:

I am in quarantine. Stamp says I can stay until 14th January. Visa with multi entry until end of September 2021.

You will need to apply for annual extension based on marriage.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Topah said:

I am in quarantine. Stamp says I can stay until 14th January. Visa with multi entry until end of September 2021.

You don't need any amnesty. You're covered by your visa/entry stamp. You can extend it 1 year when you have 30 days left of your 90 days. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You don't need any amnesty. You're covered by your visa/entry stamp. You can extend it 1 year when you have 30 days left of your 90 days. 

My plan is to travel many times next year and avoid the extension hassle for now. Or is this different from photos outside house, 400k bank account etc. extension? 

 

I did 12 years extensions before and just wonder how people who are married and dont have that 400k are handling the situation. Are they thrown away from their families or overstay and fined?

 

Cheers.

Edited by Topah
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You will need to apply for annual extension based on marriage.

Or a 60 day extension to visit his wife to wait things out a while longer. With luck there might be a border crossing open to do a border hop of a new 90 days,

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Topah said:

My plan is to travel many times next year and avoid the extension hassle for now. Or is this different from photos outside house, 400k bank account etc. extension? 

 

Cheers.

Good to have a plan but not sure it's going to be a good year for travel!  If you don't want the annual extension then I think you can get a 60 day extension to visit your wife, that would get you through to March at least.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Topah said:

My plan is to travel many times next year and avoid the extension hassle for now. Or is this different from photos outside house, 400k bank account etc. extension? 

Not that bad to apply for a extension based upon marriage if you have the 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof 40k baht income.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That 60 days extra time would be great. I assume that does not cut/end my multi entry non o I have valid until end of September 2021? When I can apply that 60 days extra? Passport stamped until January 14th.

 

Thanks for the info by the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not that bad to apply for a extension based upon marriage if you have the 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof 40k baht income.

Is that proof an average from certain amount of months? What is the proofing method for business owner?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Topah said:

Is that proof an average from certain amount of months? What is the proofing method for business owner?

A average income of 40k baht for a year is allowed in the immigration order but many offices will not accept it. They want to see a minimum income of 40k baht for 12 months. But for income earned here they will accept 3 months.

To prove income earned here you need a work permit and proof of tax payments to prove the 40k baht income.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

OP where did you obtain your non o (marriage)?

I'm guessing you obtained a non o at immigration and then an annual extension and also obtained a multi reentry permit

 

When holding a Non-O's ME, you must leave the country every 90 days; no re-entry is needed/ necessary. 

 

  The OP's question of what will happen to all these people who do not have the 400 K on a Thai bank must be a couple of thousands.  

 

Savannakhet was the last place where these people could get one without trouble. I'm afraid that this could be scrapped.

 

I genuinely hope not. The income the consulate had must have been a reasonable sum per year. 

 

How else should a man stay with his family if he can't show that amount of money?

 

"Go to see an agent" is what I've read very often. But how serious and legal are these documents from an agent?

 

I've seen a fake visa in an ex-colleague's passport that he could luckily get changed into a proper one leaving for Laos/ Savannakhet. 

 

Considering that some agents also sell fake visas, I'd be careful and ask ten people before making myself a criminal without even knowing it. 


Those who bought a fake one will hardly write about it, but you could use "my friend's friend's brother,"

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...