Is there amnesty for non o marriage multi visa?

5 minutes ago, Topah said:

I am in quarantine. Stamp says I can stay until 14th January. Visa with multi entry until end of September 2021.

You will need to apply for annual extension based on marriage.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Topah said:

I am in quarantine. Stamp says I can stay until 14th January. Visa with multi entry until end of September 2021.

You don't need any amnesty. You're covered by your visa/entry stamp. You can extend it 1 year when you have 30 days left of your 90 days. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You don't need any amnesty. You're covered by your visa/entry stamp. You can extend it 1 year when you have 30 days left of your 90 days. 

My plan is to travel many times next year and avoid the extension hassle for now. Or is this different from photos outside house, 400k bank account etc. extension? 

I did 12 years extensions before and just wonder how people who are married and dont have that 400k are handling the situation. Are they thrown away from their families or overstay and fined?

Cheers.

Edited by Topah
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You will need to apply for annual extension based on marriage.

Or a 60 day extension to visit his wife to wait things out a while longer. With luck there might be a border crossing open to do a border hop of a new 90 days,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Topah said:

My plan is to travel many times next year and avoid the extension hassle for now. Or is this different from photos outside house, 400k bank account etc. extension? 

Cheers.

Good to have a plan but not sure it's going to be a good year for travel!  If you don't want the annual extension then I think you can get a 60 day extension to visit your wife, that would get you through to March at least.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Topah said:

Not that bad to apply for a extension based upon marriage if you have the 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof 40k baht income.

• Like 1

That 60 days extra time would be great. I assume that does not cut/end my multi entry non o I have valid until end of September 2021? When I can apply that 60 days extra? Passport stamped until January 14th.

Thanks for the info by the way.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not that bad to apply for a extension based upon marriage if you have the 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof 40k baht income.

Is that proof an average from certain amount of months? What is the proofing method for business owner?

Is that proof an average from certain amount of months? What is the proofing method for business owner?

A average income of 40k baht for a year is allowed in the immigration order but many offices will not accept it. They want to see a minimum income of 40k baht for 12 months. But for income earned here they will accept 3 months.

To prove income earned here you need a work permit and proof of tax payments to prove the 40k baht income.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

OP where did you obtain your non o (marriage)?

I'm guessing you obtained a non o at immigration and then an annual extension and also obtained a multi reentry permit

When holding a Non-O's ME, you must leave the country every 90 days; no re-entry is needed/ necessary. 

The OP's question of what will happen to all these people who do not have the 400 K on a Thai bank must be a couple of thousands.  

Savannakhet was the last place where these people could get one without trouble. I'm afraid that this could be scrapped.

I genuinely hope not. The income the consulate had must have been a reasonable sum per year. 

How else should a man stay with his family if he can't show that amount of money?

"Go to see an agent" is what I've read very often. But how serious and legal are these documents from an agent?

I've seen a fake visa in an ex-colleague's passport that he could luckily get changed into a proper one leaving for Laos/ Savannakhet. 

Considering that some agents also sell fake visas, I'd be careful and ask ten people before making myself a criminal without even knowing it. 

Those who bought a fake one will hardly write about it, but you could use "my friend's friend's brother,"

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

The OP's question of what will happen to all these people who do not have the 400 K on a Thai bank must be a couple of thousands.  

The 400k has to be the the bank for 2 months prior to application. After the under consideration period that money can be used. Hardly a fortune.

As for the other clap trap regarding stamps obtained via an agent, I can assure you that they are genuine and valid.

• Thanks 1

Yes there does seem to be such an amnesty. My nearest farang neighbour, a German, is on multi entry from Savannakhet.

He's been able to obtain extensions from immigration in Sakon Nakhon with assurances that they will continue to do so until the the border and the consulate reopens.

15 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Yes there does seem to be such an amnesty. My nearest farang neighbour, a German, is on multi entry from Savannakhet.

He's been able to obtain extensions from immigration in Sakon Nakhon with assurances that they will continue to do so until the the border and the consulate reopens.

Interesting. I wonder can I get this from Bangkok.

15 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Interesting. I wonder can I get this from Bangkok.

Well, there's only one way to find out. Go and ask. He last went to Laos for his visa in January and the borders were slammed closed shortly thereafter.

So he can't go anywhere anyway, so I guess granting him continuous extensions is the only option for immigration. And I'm sure he's not the only one in this situation.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

How else should a man stay with his family if he can't show that amount of money?

"Go to see an agent" is what I've read very often. But how serious and legal are these documents from an agent?

Use a proper one, which is usually from a law office.   There are some trusted tour companies that may arrange one also. 

Talk to other expats that you trust.   See if they can point you in the right direction.

• Like 1

I am also on the Multi Entry Non-Imm "O" visa and cannot do border runs either. Topah, all you need to do is wait until just before your entry stamp date expires and go and apply for a 60 Day extension to visit your wife and that will cost you 1900B towards the end of the extension you will see what is happening with the borders and see if you can do border runs or not or you can then apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage. If you decide on the 1 year extension then you must make sure that you meet the financial requirements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

I am also on the Multi Entry Non-Imm "O" visa and cannot do border runs either. Topah, all you need to do is wait until just before your entry stamp date expires and go and apply for a 60 Day extension to visit your wife and that will cost you 1900B towards the end of the extension you will see what is happening with the borders and see if you can do border runs or not or you can then apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage. If you decide on the 1 year extension then you must make sure that you meet the financial requirements.

I will wait couple months and see how things go. I dont know how some people think there is a problem or issues. I am just looking for options. I took multi entry visa after 12 years of extensions and if the last option is to make extension after 3 months, I can do it. But idea of multi entry non o is that you can travel as many times as you want during the first year and best scenario...apply the first extension after 12 months. Now I will lose that option if I do extension in January and I need to have 30 days waiting period, pay new entries etc.

1 hour ago, Topah said:

Now I will lose that option if I do extension in January and I need to have 30 days waiting period, pay new entries etc.

covid-19 and the pandemic that it prompted caused a lot of disruption worldwide.   There are a lot of visa/entry options pre-covid19 that are currently unavailable; this is outside of most of our control.

On 10/21/2020 at 2:46 PM, Topah said:

Border runs are impossible I guess and situation is not that easy at the moment for many.

My question is that is there amnesty for the people who just got non o visa based on marriage with multi entry? 

You are good until 14 January. If the border is still closed you can apply for a 60 day extension. If after 30 days on that extension, there appears to be no upcoming opening of the border, you'll either have to leave or 'qualify' and request a one year extension of stay based on your reason of obtaining the Non 'O'.

I'm betting the borders will be open by then. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

You are good until 14 January. If the border is still closed you can apply for a 60 day extension. If after 30 days on that extension, there appears to be no upcoming opening of the border, you'll either have to leave or 'qualify' and request a one year extension of stay based on your reason of obtaining the Non 'O'.

I'm betting the borders will be open by then. 

From 14th January 60 days extra without losing my non o visa multi entry would be perfect. I need to go to Europe that time (Mid March) whatever the situation is.