Quarantine for tourists could be reduced to 10 days – or even none: Anutin

webfact

9 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Yet Thailand didn't have an epidemic BEFORE they closed the borders or had quarantine, so what makes you certain they'd have one now (if they opened the borders without quaranatine?)

Is that right......????

Maybe you can clear something up for me....What is a 'point source epidemic'?

4 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Sweden didn't back themselves into a trap, once you're in the zero COVID trap there's no way out without making a clear and conscious decision to allow the virus in.....

Australia and New Zealand come to mind on this subject, what's their next step? They're in the same trap...

Ah, you are manipulative, now... 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

99.9% of tourists won’t travel if there is quarantine. Most people can’t take two weeks off for quarantine plus an additional two week holiday. Not to mention the expense and hassle. 

Thailand should set up bubbles with countries that have low infection rates and deny entry to anyone not possessing a passing Covid test from within 72 hours from an appointed facility. 

The alternative is almost no tourists for the next 12-18 months. By that time the travel industry will be completely dead. 

You mean they should have a plan .... hmm , attractive , but no in Thailand you just say something , and next day say something else ( and not 1 person in charge but just about every politician , government agency ... ) .

2 weeks quarantine , indeed nearly nobody is interested , surely with all other regulations in place . They should make the quarantine according to the area you come from . For ex Europe right now , is high numbers . High numbers , but doesnt mean people aren't allowed to come . This means strongest regulations , and quarantine the longest . Once numbers go down , you cut the quarantine time , but keep the tests before boarding and in quarantine . Countries with lowest numbers , still tests but no quarantine . Countries with 0 or near 0 for x amount of time , maybe only a test at arrival .

I am in Europe , so at the moment i can't come , but i agree with it since numbers here are very bad , and rising fast . But i think and hope in 3-4 months we are looking at a different situation , and in order to be possible to come , i need a plan . Something to say , ok , it is possible if ... ( you know A PLAN ).

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

Zero quarantine = epidemic

Whoever makes the decision to allow people in without quarantine is the person who's directly responsible for the carnage that will 100% and without a doubt follow.

They're in a trap and need to stay there until at least next summer, otherwise blame will be apportioned and it won't be a good outcome.

Personally I don't care one way or the other.

I like your tag line at the bottom regarding stupidity and genius, perfectly apt when reading your comment... the issue when you make bullet point remarks, the reader maybe cannot determine what are you are really trying to say, communication is two ways ... what you say and what is heard....

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

Sweden didn't back themselves into a trap, once you're in the zero COVID trap there's no way out without making a clear and conscious decision to allow the virus in.....

Australia and New Zealand come to mind on this subject, what's their next step? They're in the same trap...

Well, I for one, will be watching the Australian Rules Football Grand Final (heir superbowl equivalent).

They had some matches earlier this year with no fans, and had to move games out of VIctoria state, but ya know what?

There have been upwards of 35,000 fans at the matches. Same goes for rugby and other sports.

Game starts at 3:30 on Saturday, but of course a pregame show. Will be on ABC Australia

• Like 1