Quarantine for tourists could be reduced to 10 days – or even none: Anutin

webfact

16 hours ago, lujanit said:

The aim is for no quarantine for his chinese mates.  Everyone else pay up for 14 days quarantine.

16 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Bloody hell, there were 41 of them earlier, have we lost two already?

Two dropped out when a groundless rumour was circulating that the quarantine hotel was not providing an all you can eat shrimp buffet. Thanks to the quick thinking and intervention by TAT this rumour has been squashed. Hope this answers your question.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

He said quarantine was still effective and had achieved great results over the last 5-6 months, adding that Thailand still needs to focus on halting the disease at its borders

While the country has turned to sh-t

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

Zero quarantine = epidemic

Whoever makes the decision to allow people in without quarantine is the person who's directly responsible for the carnage that will 100% and without a doubt follow.

They're in a trap and need to stay there until at least next summer, otherwise blame will be apportioned and it won't be a good outcome.

Personally I don't care one way or the other.

Yeah right, what "carnage" exactly can we expect from this hyped up flu virus?

LMMAO!!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SABloke said:

Yet Thailand didn't have an epidemic BEFORE they closed the borders or had quarantine, so what makes you certain they'd have one now (if they opened the borders without quaranatine?)

The number of returnees with infections would be a good indication.

Anutin feels lost unless he can make an announcement every day and each one has to be more ridiculous than the preceding one. The pictures of the so called random tourists from China looked rather suspicious as i could only spot 5 women out of the 39 departing from China. I wonder who paid for them to come as Chinese people in general don't have 30 days to go on holiday!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crash999 said:

99.9% of tourists won’t travel if there is quarantine. Most people can’t take two weeks off for quarantine plus an additional two week holiday. Not to mention the expense and hassle. 

Thailand should set up bubbles with countries that have low infection rates and deny entry to anyone not possessing a passing Covid test from within 72 hours from an appointed facility. 

The alternative is almost no tourists for the next 12-18 months. By that time the travel industry will be completely dead. 

Thailand is actually the best place to be, if you just manage to get in or back to Thailand. So if you are a long term seasonal tourist, I wouldnt mind staying 2 weeks in quarantine for 4 months in the sun or 6. 

However I read some rumors about a Norwegian who is coming to thailand today, where his village have decided every foreigner who return, have to stay one week in quarantine additional to the arrival quarantine. Anyone heard anything simular? 

19 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

.... where there hasn't been any quaranten for the lorry drivers.... and others..? 

Just want to be seen to be going through the motions doing his job... but probably has pressure on him not to upset the THB inbox.... its always about the THB...  opps. thats short term.. the longer term is $

13 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

He doesn't  even have a politicians qualification never mind a medical one.

I would shudder to see a polis real world qualifications... can you imagine? (1- Tell truths, 2- Care about the people, 3- Put the countries pocket ahead of their own........ argghhhh)

• Haha 1

I was wondering if Anutin has Donald as his twitter advisor?  I would hope

that maybe somebody in the Thai government would just tell the expats that

are stranded in countries outside, to go get their covid tests, find a flight to Thailand

and be prepared to quarantine the 14 days, 60 to 80 thousand baht, then

enjoy their stay in Thailand. But no Anutin has to go on about some

reduced quarantine times, when there are not many international flights from any where

landing in Thailand.

Geezer