Quarantine for tourists could be reduced to 10 days – or even none: Anutin

webfact

What about the thousands of retirees and business people needing to return home to Thailand?

Talk about misguided priorities! “Chinese Tourists” –

– WHAT THE HECK!

Expats bring in many millions of Baht into Thailand so why are we not even being considered?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ukrules said:

Zero quarantine = epidemic

Whoever makes the decision to allow people in without quarantine is the person who's directly responsible for the carnage that will 100% and without a doubt follow.

They're in a trap and need to stay there until at least next summer, otherwise blame will be apportioned and it won't be a good outcome.

Personally I don't care one way or the other.

Quarantine = no tourism = 1 million plus unemployed (and increasing) = economic hardship. 
A fuller equation...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, androokery said:

That’s not correct. It’s more like:

Zero quarantine -> epidemic

Having no quarantine doesn’t equal epidemic. Ever. But it might lead to it. But that is also highly unlikely, given that passengers are tested with a reasonably reliant test before boarding the planes. 

Yes foreigners but not returning thai so infection on the plane can still happen 

• Like 1

Why not just pick a few islands, and make them COVID islands?  Test everyone before they come, when they get to Thailand, a few more times during their stay, as they sit alone on the beach working, or whatever...

Then they are free to travel,. if COVID free.  It's easier to control an outbreak on an island.

If it's successful, Thai people will believe in the process~I'm not saying they will believe the government.

12 minutes ago, sambum said:

"The 14-day rule is widespread because public health agencies around the world work together on these guidelines. In the U.S., the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sets the quarantine period, and its counterpart organizations do so abroad, all in concert with the World Health Organization."

Ah, but Anutin knows best - after all, he is the Minister for Health (as well as being the Deputy Prime Minister) and is consequently well experienced in medical matters :cheesy: :-

"Anutin has been a leading proponent of medical marijuana" (Maybe why he keeps changing his mind on many things) :-

"His has over the years been a member of many political parties such as the National Development Party, Thai Rak Thai Party and as leader of the Bhumjaithai Party."

And:-

"...all you see are farang ('Westerners'). They flee their own countries for the safety of Thailand. In Chiang Mai, 90% of Thais are wearing face masks, although none of the farang are wearing masks." He went on to add, "This is the reason our country is being infected [by the SARS-CoV-2 virus]. We should be more careful of the farang than other Asians. At the moment it is winter in Europe and farang come to Thailand to hide from the [Covid-19] disease. Many farang dress dirtily and don't shower. All [Thai] hosts have to be very careful."[13]

Later, hearing advice from the US Surgeon General, Dr Jerome Adams, that the wearing of masks was unnecessary for the uninfected, Anutin changed his opinion"

Why is this buffooon still in such a powerful position? :-

."Anutin completed secondary education at Assumption College and higher education in engineering from Hofstra University in 1989.[4]

Anuthin is heir to a major construction company fortune. His family's company, Sino-Thai Engineering and Construction PCL, built several government mega-projects such as Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport.[5] An engineer, Anuthin served as president of Sino-Thai.[6]

"Anuthin is heir to a major construction company fortune. His family's company, Sino-Thai Engineering and Construction PCL, built several government mega-projects such as Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport.[5] An engineer, Anuthin served as president of Sino-Thai"

So basically, he is a (very wealthy) engineer, with no medical experience ( except in the medical marijuana "field" - pun intended!) who is prone to changing his mind when it suits his agenda, and is now saying that " if we are confident, we do not have to be afraid since the goal is finding the safest period for quarantine. If we find a good method, it may be reduced to five, four, three days or even none.”

6 hours ago, Emdog said:

Well, I for one, will be watching the Australian Rules Football Grand Final (heir superbowl equivalent).

They had some matches earlier this year with no fans, and had to move games out of VIctoria state, but ya know what?

There have been upwards of 35,000 fans at the matches. Same goes for rugby and other sports.

Game starts at 3:30 on Saturday, but of course a pregame show. Will be on ABC Australia

Me too. Bought the monthly subscription and watched all the games. A touch with the old reality.  Best thing I ever did. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, deniszzz said:

Turkey allowed everyone to enter since July, and there are still around 1500 cases per day, comparing to 3000 cases in April-May, when their borders were closed

Yeah but you cant belive any official turkish government statements. 
But neither do the thai statements. 

28 minutes ago, FarangJon said:

Yeah but you cant belive any official turkish government statements. 
But neither do the thai statements. 

From what I've read the Turkish figures were about 30,000 new infections per day before the UK slapped the 14 day quarantine on them, but it seems that the Turks only include infectious people in the official count not all infections/positive results. The Turkish stats have been stable for months and the deaths too, no 2nd wave unlike in western Europe.

On 10/21/2020 at 4:40 AM, ukrules said:

Zero quarantine = epidemic

Whoever makes the decision to allow people in without quarantine is the person who's directly responsible for the carnage that will 100% and without a doubt follow.

They're in a trap and need to stay there until at least next summer, otherwise blame will be apportioned and it won't be a good outcome.

Personally I don't care one way or the other.

Then why did you comment if you dont care  one way or another?

5 hours ago, ExpatOne said:

Pandemic fatigue. These idiots forget there is a global pandemic going on and their economy needing help isn’t a reason to reduce or eliminate the quarantine period.

Well then start a GOFUND ME to help starving thais.  Manage it right and you can have both

5 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Yes foreigners but not returning thai so infection on the plane can still happen 

Yes, given that “all” passengers on the planes are tested before departure. So, not as-it-is right now, but rather how it should be. 

8 hours ago, Tagged said:

Thailand is actually the best place to be, if you just manage to get in or back to Thailand. So if you are a long term seasonal tourist, I wouldnt mind staying 2 weeks in quarantine for 4 months in the sun or 6. 

However I read some rumors about a Norwegian who is coming to thailand today, where his village have decided every foreigner who return, have to stay one week in quarantine additional to the arrival quarantine. Anyone heard anything simular? 

Low risk /high risk countries .  Does it matter? If you do the multiple tests and quarantine and still manage not getting infected by non tested thais on the flight why be denied.??  Thailand isnt the best place to be if you are an unemployed thai.  The real hardships of many Thais are ignored by expats living in the sun and the dream in the LOS.   

• Confused 1

I would try to come back soon and suffer the quarentine if I can do it at my house in a  moo-baan.  It is sufficently far from other properties to be safe.  I can get supplies and meals delivered to my gate easy enough.  I can then relax at home for 2 weeks with my books, CDs ,piano, computer and garden and be very happy.  The IO are welcome to come an check on me any time they like.  I suspect there are many others who might agree.

But locked up in a rip-off hotel for 2 weeks would be no good for my mental health.  I guess this is a case where money is moe important that the health of tourists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

Low risk /high risk countries .  Does it matter? If you do the multiple tests and quarantine and still manage not getting infected by non tested thais on the flight why be denied.??  Thailand isnt the best place to be if you are an unemployed thai.  The real hardships of many Thais are ignored by expats living in the sun and the dream in the LOS.   

I believe you shoot far above the target sir. Have a good evening. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NeoDinosaw said:

I would try to come back soon and suffer the quarentine if I can do it at my house in a  moo-baan.  It is sufficently far from other properties to be safe.  I can get supplies and meals delivered to my gate easy enough.  I can then relax at home for 2 weeks with my books, CDs ,piano, computer and garden and be very happy.  The IO are welcome to come an check on me any time they like.  I suspect there are many others who might agree.

But locked up in a rip-off hotel for 2 weeks would be no good for my mental health.  I guess this is a case where money is moe important that the health of tourists.

Unfortunately some sort of ASQ quarantine on arrival, whether it be 15, 10, 7 nights will be around for awhile...... then you can return to your isolated home ....

• Like 1

“The truth is, the Public Health Ministry is ready for the change but other relevant agencies still have requested time to adjust. So we have to wait and work together. "

Adjust what ? Need time ? They didn't have enough ? Please, do work stronger and stop this comedy.

You don't need time to adjust. Just do no quarantine and open... easy. What can't you understand there ?

Ho... and remove this incredible obligation to go with Thai assurance, we have we own at better price and for better cover, you just said you think that 100 Kø of cover is ok... we get it and we will follow the rule with our own assurance. That's correct. We also can speak our tongue language if problem will happen (with Thai assurance, when you will have problem, you will have also an other one problem: speak with this assurance in a foreign language they don't understand or don't want to understand).

Do it easy, but do it really, don't speak for nothing again.