Culture Ministry Invites Thais to Dress Traditionally for Loy Krathong

webfact

Culture Ministry Invites Thais to Dress Traditionally for Loy Krathong

f571ac360f53cc547ababf63a427d36a_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Culture and partner organizations will hold an event on the 31st of October, to celebrate the Loy Krathong Festival and is inviting Thai people to wear Thai traditional clothes to represent the beauty of Thai culture.

The event will be held with new normal procedures being observed, in order to prevent the virus spreading.

By holding the event in a large and open area and with screening checkpoints, the ministry can ensure the safety of the attendance.

The event organizer will also raise the safety of transport by establishing a center that is responsible for marine traffic. The center will deploy officers at the piers to facilitate the passengers and prevent accidents due to busy marine traffic. The event will also prohibit fireworks or any source of fire such as floating lanterns as they might cause fires in the community.

The event will be held randomly at 10 piers around Bangkok; for more information please contact the Ministry of Culture’s hotline 1765.

nnt.jpg

3 hours ago, bodga said:

Sure how traditional do you want? do you want the fantasy history traditional BS  they teach the kids or the REAAAAL traditional, "real"  attached

You beat me to it, and I agree. This is the real Thai traditional. The puritanical is just a BS by the Chinese imports that unfortunately rule the country now.

In the early eighties literally tens of thousands of elaborately dressed Thai ladies thronged the streets of Pattaya, especially Beach Road, for this festival. Last year I saw 2 people, a sad reflection on these  changing times ???? Is it just me, or have we entered an era where there is not a lot to feel happy about. Personally I felt elated when Khun Anand Panyarachun held the reins ????