Windows 10 version 20H2 update ....

david555

Today i got another Windows update who installed version 20H2 ...?

anyone else had it already ? 

As always some things don't work anymore , as example my ethernet adaptor for USB-C port looks dead 

and also Edge Legacy is replaced with the new Edge...,and many shortcut's have all the same EDGE icon

Edited by david555

It is not visible yet in my windows updates (even if I prompt it). You can find some info on this -reportedly- minor update here: https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-kicks-off-its-windows-10-20h2-feature-rollout/#:~:text=Starting October 20%2C Microsoft is,from a variety of channels.&text=Today's the day.

The latter article does mention Edge. The previous 20H1 (May) major update gave me quite some issues, including showing a globe as opposed to the 'wave' symbol indicating that internet was not connected whereas it actually was. This was only resolved (at least for me) in the standard update from September.

17 hours ago, elfpattaya said:

Updated this morning on my Dell. Took a couple of minutes no problems.

i rolled back to previous and ethernet USB-C working again  in H2 was not  working ....

And after i installed new Edge separately and needed update some programs to work in extension in Edge , but working now  as in the Legacy Edge version they could not be installed as extension

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 10:49 AM, david555 said:

i rolled back to previous and ethernet USB-C working again  in H2 was not  working ....

And after i installed new Edge separately and needed update some programs to work in extension in Edge , but working now  as in the Legacy Edge version they could not be installed as extension

Just as a side note reference the new Edge, they have removed the e-book reader from it. I know it probably doesn't affect many, but I did use it for some reference manuals in the .epub format (on the rare occasion).

7 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Just as a side note reference the new Edge, they have removed the e-book reader from it. I know it probably doesn't affect many, but I did use it for some reference manuals in the .epub format (on the rare occasion).

Also in "more Tools" (settings menu) you can no more "open with Internet Explorer"  ( I used this to make shortcuts from websites with original icon ….which then would look so.., even in Edge)

. edge give mostly always his own icon if using to make shortcuts ,..... makes look them all the same  = difficult search as must read them..