Hua Hin questions

seasia

Hi

i am thinking of a weekend break in Hua Hin.

A few questions re. bars/restaurants and accommodation.  Maybe someone can help pls.

Background to me, live in naklua ( Pattaya) for 11 years.

I have only visited Hua Hin once, about 5 years ago.

I liked it.

Restaurants ( yes I will take a look at the thread) I like both Italian and French food.

On my prior visit I went to 2 different Italian restaurants, food and service was good.

Are there some still open ?

Bars, some place laid back and relaxed would do.  Will I still have a reasonable choice ?

I stayed on soi bintabit(sp) last time, that was fine.

In a guesthouse but thinking of a hotel this time.

The Hilton deal sounds good, I know where it is.

A hotel with a swimming pool near the beach would be good.

Budget, last time I paid 800 baht for the GH I stayed at.

I would be OK with paying up to 2K a night for a nice hotel, perhaps a touch more.

It must be within easy walk from bars and restaurants  .My mobility is not so good.

Appreciate any help

Thanks

40 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Hua Hin is just like Pattaya.  Very quiet with many places closed.  Including some great restaurants.  It's a ghost town.

Hua hin is NOT like pattaya.

Pattaya is more lively now,than Hua hin has ever been .

The bars are very boring,mostly older ladies,at Hua hin.

LK metro and soi Buakhou are still reasonably lively..

Walking st,a bit dead,but many gogos are actually open.

• Like 1

Just now, murraynz said:

Hua hin is NOT like pattaya.

Pattaya is more lively now,than Hua hin has ever been .

The bars are very boring,mostly older ladies,at Hua hin.

LK metro and soi Buakhou are still reasonably lively..

Walking st,a bit dead,but many gogos are actually open.

What?  I just spent the past few days walking the streets of Pattaya.  It's a ghost town!  Businesses are closed all over town.  No traffic, which is great.  A few places are doing OK.  Like Buakhou, which is where I was yesterday for the entire afternoon.  It's nothing like it was last year.

The OP was asking about restaurants.  And in both towns, huge numbers are now closed.  I don't really pay attention to the other BS. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I live in HH and have not long since returned from a short break in Phuket with "her indoors". HH is a teeming metropolis compared to Phuket at the moment. There's lots of bars and restaurants open. Granted, it's nowhere near as busy as usual but there's still plenty to do.

• Like 2

I went to HuaHin for 4 nights just week ago  staying at Centara Grand Beach Resort next to Hilton. Excellent place, nice pools and restaurants in resort. Used to go for long walk on beach direct from resort. Nightly charges paid THB 3200 including breakfast (it is less with out breakfast) but they gave me THB 1000 voucher per night to be spent in their restaurants or spa. Excellent value in my opinion for 5 Star resort and they have fantastic restaurant serving western n thai food.

Went out nearby restaurants bars are open but quiet. Small walking street opposite Hilton open but very quiet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, John9 said:

I went to HuaHin for 4 nights just week ago  staying at Centara Grand Beach Resort next to Hilton. Excellent place, nice pools and restaurants in resort. Used to go for long walk on beach direct from resort. Nightly charges paid THB 3200 including breakfast (it is less with out breakfast) but they gave me THB 1000 voucher per night to be spent in their restaurants or spa. Excellent value in my opinion for 5 Star resort and they have fantastic restaurant serving western n thai food.

Went out nearby restaurants bars are open but quiet. Small walking street opposite Hilton open but very quiet.

I stayed in Centara Grand Beach resort last year as well. Rented a private pool villa. Best hotel I've ever been in, very beautiful and right next to the beach. My GF and daughter loved it. They also had several restaurants on premise, great for dinner. Breakfast was ok. 

• Like 1

Spent 4 nights in HH a week ago. Stay at City Beach--wouldn't recommend for the price-but the staff was nice. Carlos Italian Restaurant is very good. Also the Chocolate Factory has good meals and a nice ambient. Laksasubha Resort had what looked like a good special rate and it's on the beach next to the Centara. I had a friend stay at the Hilton and complained that the rooms were noisy. Palm Hills Golf Course is close and half the price of Black Mountain  and just as beautiful and challenging. I played at both. There is also an Italian restaurant on the corner where you turn left to go to the Hilton that was good and moderately priced. There is an Amazon Cafe which is at least half the price of Starbucks on the street across from the City Beach. A lot places were shut. But there were enough to make it worthwhile.

• Like 1

Reply to spidermike. I am surprised the Marriott and Intercontinental hotel let you use the pool for just buying a drink. I have stayed at both and always been asked my room number. Perhaps they changed the rules, but that seems strange with all the Thais thinking covid comes from  farangs. Love both those pools.

Doc50

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

What?  I just spent the past few days walking the streets of Pattaya.  It's a ghost town!  Businesses are closed all over town.  No traffic, which is great.  A few places are doing OK.  Like Buakhou, which is where I was yesterday for the entire afternoon.  It's nothing like it was last year.

The OP was asking about restaurants.  And in both towns, huge numbers are now closed.  I don't really pay attention to the other BS. 

You reply quit hefty for someone that isn't paying attention to the other BS . And how can you compare any place in the world with how it was doing last year ????  Seems like the anger got a hold of you and let you make quit dumb replies . Don't mean to offend just saying . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

You reply quit hefty for someone that isn't paying attention to the other BS . And how can you compare any place in the world with how it was doing last year ????  Seems like the anger got a hold of you and let you make quit dumb replies . Don't mean to offend just saying . 

Yes. Bangkok. Sure it has diminished a bit, and it is bizarre to see so many five star hotels closed. But, the talent is better than Pattaya now, and a small number of places have closed. It is as close to "normal" as it gets. Only far cheaper for great hotels! Pretty close to paradise, for short visits! 

• Like 1

Hi

Many Thanks for answers.

Overall by the sound of it I would be fine there.

I would be taking a lady friend from Pattaya so not intereted in HH ladies.

She loves the beach and swimming, hence the hotel with pool questions.

At least 3 or 4 Italian restaurants mentioned.

That is fine for me.

It is also quiet here in naklua, I actually quite like the calmer atmosphere.

Thanks again, I got good help from here.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Doc50 said:

Reply to spidermike. I am surprised the Marriott and Intercontinental hotel let you use the pool for just buying a drink. I have stayed at both and always been asked my room number. Perhaps they changed the rules, but that seems strange with all the Thais thinking covid comes from  farangs. Love both those pools.

Doc50

My wife and I go there regularly.  All they asked is to spend 300 per person.  Not hard to do on a lazy afternoon with a couple of drinks and some lite snacks. Great deal for a mini vacation at a nice resort without having to get a room. Best part is I only live about 5 min away. 

• Like 2